ST Electronics - Page 311 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




ST Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3101 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2022, 11:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

7 years experience, diploma grad. Offered e5 3.9k. Is it ok?

Reply With Quote
  #3102 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2022, 11:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
7 years experience, diploma grad. Offered e5 3.9k. Is it ok?
Consider not bad already without degree.

6 year and just finish my part-time degree (Somemore NTU). they offer me 4k. semi sai sia

Reply With Quote
  #3103 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2022, 05:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why you all care so much about title. Tbh, the pay is more important. In ST the salary range is very big so a E6 can also be drawing more than a manager.

Somemore, nobody really care about your rank in the company anyway, there so many self proclaimed title in the officer. Alot of E5 or E6 who stuck in the same rank for 3-5 year will start to give themself make up title like system manager, project manager,lead developer...... Etc

My department culture is very bad. The manager alway delay project and only start to schedule the project when they cannot delay the project anymore so when we are alway fighting fire when we are deployed to the field. That why, my department got OT is very common due to the bad management.

Then when OT, you will start to envy poly hire cos they are paid for their ot and also double pay during weekend and holiday. Degree holder... Come back work for free and same hr
Stupid fool.
The title we referring to is the pay grade..
M1 earn more than E6 le. E6 more than E5.
M3 more than M2.

Reply With Quote
  #3104 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2022, 10:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Stupid fool.
The title we referring to is the pay grade..
M1 earn more than E6 le. E6 more than E5.
M3 more than M2.
You are the real stupid fool. some E5 and E6 earn more than M1 in this company. You are probably the stupid M1 earning 4.8k managing a bunch of fresh grad E5 that earn 5k. Salary is important in this company, not the title.
Reply With Quote
  #3105 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2022, 12:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

UOL first class with 1 yr work experience can join as m1 or not?
Reply With Quote
  #3106 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2022, 01:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
UOL first class with 1 yr work experience can join as m1 or not?
cannot, most likely E5 only.
Reply With Quote

  #3107 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2022, 12:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
cannot, most likely E5 only.
Unless you have special skill or relation to the hiring manager, you wun get m1, by right m1 need 5 yr work exp
Reply With Quote
  #3108 (permalink)  
Old 15-09-2022, 10:29 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unless you have special skill or relation to the hiring manager, you wun get m1, by right m1 need 5 yr work exp
Some 5 years won't even promote to E6, let alone M1.
Reply With Quote
  #3109 (permalink)  
Old 15-09-2022, 12:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default No promotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some 5 years won't even promote to E6, let alone M1.
You do know that management job is to make profit for the company so their own bonus is high?
I'm M2 managing a team of 1 M1, 1 E6 and 3 E5.

I can't change this composition.
Its set by my boss.
Unless I bring in a new project that cost more than hiring cost.
Then only he agree to hire extra 1 or 2 E5.

Sad to say the M1 is my buddy he been working for me for 10 years now.
The E6 is new. Won't be promoted. He will probably leave before.
E5s job are very relax. They just fix some minor bugs and do some simple service request.

Most of the time I can see them play mobile games in office.
(like I have no eyes they hide the phone by the laptop)...

How to promote?
Then if they leave we can rehire the E5 fresh with more energy and motivation.
The M1 and E6 are the key person. And I made sure they document the work.
Its part of their kpi which I review every quarter.

Also part of exit clearance is documentation. I made them sign and declare and acknowledge on first day they join.

So I already covered my bases.
Sad to say I also don't have chance to promote
Reply With Quote
  #3110 (permalink)  
Old 15-09-2022, 02:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You do know that management job is to make profit for the company so their own bonus is high?
I'm M2 managing a team of 1 M1, 1 E6 and 3 E5.

I can't change this composition.
Its set by my boss.
Unless I bring in a new project that cost more than hiring cost.
Then only he agree to hire extra 1 or 2 E5.

Sad to say the M1 is my buddy he been working for me for 10 years now.
The E6 is new. Won't be promoted. He will probably leave before.
E5s job are very relax. They just fix some minor bugs and do some simple service request.

Most of the time I can see them play mobile games in office.
(like I have no eyes they hide the phone by the laptop)...

How to promote?
Then if they leave we can rehire the E5 fresh with more energy and motivation.
The M1 and E6 are the key person. And I made sure they document the work.
Its part of their kpi which I review every quarter.

Also part of exit clearance is documentation. I made them sign and declare and acknowledge on first day they join.

So I already covered my bases.
Sad to say I also don't have chance to promote
No matter how many E5 you hire. their energy and motivation will lost since this company give E5 job like any technician can do it.

So this is the company culture and how it work.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After Getting Diploma from Aerospace Electronics ? Dionne Monic Education and Personal Growth 6 10-02-2018 12:46 PM
Circuits and Electronics Engineering Tutor yice Income and Jobs 2 29-10-2012 04:02 PM
Electronics Design Course Promotion sthua Education and Personal Growth 1 16-08-2012 05:50 AM
Production Engineer (Electronics) curryrice Income and Jobs 1 25-03-2011 10:24 AM
How much does an electronics engineer get paid ? omara007 Income and Jobs 8 15-10-2009 08:03 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,702 Replies, 4,870,191 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,002 Replies, 2,103,198 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,774 Replies, 1,361,924 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
467 Replies, 258,962 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,272 Replies, 12,308,794 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,657 Replies, 1,498,663 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,893 Replies, 10,206,639 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,098 Replies, 2,251,613 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
139 Replies, 49,919 Views
Top 10 degree programmes in...
3 Replies, 3,940 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,206 Replies, 3,336,165 Views
Staying in SPF or join another...
2 Replies, 561 Views
Rio tinto ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
82 Replies, 55,469 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,264 Replies, 6,405,351 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,240 Replies, 592,163 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,270 Replies, 743,873 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 73,928 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,761 Replies, 1,015,295 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
639 Replies, 323,890 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,028 Replies, 426,691 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 525,639 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 17,303 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,397 Replies, 1,345,195 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
314 Replies, 310,227 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
702 Replies, 388,102 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,263 Replies, 700,723 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,297 Replies, 986,981 Views
Visa Internship
3 Replies, 4,351 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 712,889 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 486,675 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2