ST Electronics - Page 309 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




ST Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3081 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2022, 01:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No rhyme or reason one la this company.
Example got a senior manager join this company just before covid. Was a deputy division manager for a company. Then during covid didn't really do much. Suddenly promoted to become VP or a new division of 3 man. Then this month reorg again he become SVP of another company.
3 years promoted each year.

Then heard rumour is recommended from another svp one.
But start him at senior manager to train him or let him familiarised with the company but the end goal was to make him svp.
Not based on merit one la.

The division manager that was "training" him not happy la. He worked here 30 years still a division manager while another young guy come under him. Within 3 years higher rank than him and power liao.

Promotion not based on merits.
Its based on your boss wanna promote u or not.
That's the thing people fail to understand.
You can be the smartest. You can be most hardworking.
Your boss don't want to promote you. You don't get promotion.

That's why alot of politics here.
Promotion is not based on merit
****ing spot-on!

Reply With Quote
  #3082 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2022, 06:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sm = m3
avp = m4
vp = m5
svp = m6
Wrong.

M / Principal Engineer = M3
SM / Senior Principal Engineer = M4
AVP / Deputy Chief Engineer = M5
VP / Chief Engineer = M6

Reply With Quote
  #3083 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2022, 08:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Sohai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wrong.

M / Principal Engineer = M3
SM / Senior Principal Engineer = M4
AVP / Deputy Chief Engineer = M5
VP / Chief Engineer = M6
Sohai.
M1 - Assistant Principal Engineer
M2 - Principal Engineer

The fact that there is so many interpretation means there is no transparency.
When within own organisation.
HR Failed.

Its murky up there cause not many will reach there

Reply With Quote
  #3084 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2022, 12:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No rhyme or reason one la this company.
Example got a senior manager join this company just before covid. Was a deputy division manager for a company. Then during covid didn't really do much. Suddenly promoted to become VP or a new division of 3 man. Then this month reorg again he become SVP of another company.
3 years promoted each year.

Then heard rumour is recommended from another svp one.
But start him at senior manager to train him or let him familiarised with the company but the end goal was to make him svp.
Not based on merit one la.

The division manager that was "training" him not happy la. He worked here 30 years still a division manager while another young guy come under him. Within 3 years higher rank than him and power liao.

Promotion not based on merits.
Its based on your boss wanna promote u or not.
That's the thing people fail to understand.
You can be the smartest. You can be most hardworking.
Your boss don't want to promote you. You don't get promotion.

That's why alot of politics here.
Promotion is not based on merit
One of the best reply I've seen so far.
Reply With Quote
  #3085 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2022, 12:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sohai.
M1 - Assistant Principal Engineer
M2 - Principal Engineer

The fact that there is so many interpretation means there is no transparency.
When within own organisation.
HR Failed.

Its murky up there cause not many will reach there
I think M2 is Principal Engineer, M3 is PE with Manager appointment. I wonder if there are appointments with same grade, like M3 can be a manager or senior manager.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3086 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2022, 01:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sohai.
M1 - Assistant Principal Engineer
M2 - Principal Engineer

The fact that there is so many interpretation means there is no transparency.
When within own organisation.
HR Failed.

Its murky up there cause not many will reach there
E4 - Asst Engineer / Engineering Assistant
E5 - Engineer
E6 - Snr Engineer
M1 - Asst Principal Engineer / Asst Manager
M2 - Asst Principal Engineer / Asst Manager
M3 - Principal Engineer / Manager
M4 - Snr Principal Engineer / Snr Manager
M5 - Director

This is the official since 2007.
The rest is inflation of title.
Reply With Quote

  #3087 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2022, 03:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Salah le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
E4 - Asst Engineer / Engineering Assistant
E5 - Engineer
E6 - Snr Engineer
M1 - Asst Principal Engineer / Asst Manager
M2 - Asst Principal Engineer / Asst Manager
M3 - Principal Engineer / Manager
M4 - Snr Principal Engineer / Snr Manager
M5 - Director

This is the official since 2007.
The rest is inflation of title.
Wah like this means my colleague jumped from M1 to M4 and she bluffs us la.
She was assistant principal engineer confirmed its M1. Then big boss pulled her up to principal engineer during covid.
Now post covid her title is senior manager means she promoted to M4?

Can like that one meh.
From M1 to M4 in 3 years?
Reply With Quote
  #3088 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2022, 05:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
E4 - Asst Engineer / Engineering Assistant
E5 - Engineer
E6 - Snr Engineer
M1 - Asst Principal Engineer / Asst Manager
M2 - Asst Principal Engineer / Asst Manager
M3 - Principal Engineer / Manager
M4 - Snr Principal Engineer / Snr Manager
M5 - Director

This is the official since 2007.
The rest is inflation of title.
Yes this is accurate. M2 is not Principal Engineer grade, I don't know where these people get their info from, or they are/were not ST staff.

There are two grades for Assistant Principal Engineer.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3089 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2022, 10:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes this is accurate. M2 is not Principal Engineer grade, I don't know where these people get their info from, or they are/were not ST staff.

There are two grades for Assistant Principal Engineer.
it seems like the ranks are not clear and quite messy depending on different BU. I am M2, and my title in Org chart is Principal Engineer. My RO is M3 Senior Principal Engineer.
Reply With Quote
  #3090 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2022, 08:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Tired

My division used to have 5 senior principal engineer .
Their new title now are AVP, BP or director.
Now only 1 senior principal engineer.

Shrug.
Either title got inflated.
Or the top got promoted but the bottom didn't get promoted up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After Getting Diploma from Aerospace Electronics ? Dionne Monic Education and Personal Growth 6 10-02-2018 12:46 PM
Circuits and Electronics Engineering Tutor yice Income and Jobs 2 29-10-2012 04:02 PM
Electronics Design Course Promotion sthua Education and Personal Growth 1 16-08-2012 05:50 AM
Production Engineer (Electronics) curryrice Income and Jobs 1 25-03-2011 10:24 AM
How much does an electronics engineer get paid ? omara007 Income and Jobs 8 15-10-2009 08:03 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,802 Replies, 5,250,405 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,303 Replies, 666,468 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,802 Replies, 2,460,740 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 21,586 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,403 Replies, 6,978,147 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,265 Replies, 10,621,660 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
512 Replies, 279,307 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,463 Replies, 2,466,622 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
831 Replies, 439,878 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
888 Replies, 418,719 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 14,232 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,860 Replies, 1,613,872 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,589 Replies, 1,434,003 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,176 Replies, 1,121,186 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,932 Replies, 2,953,387 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,459 Replies, 3,534,485 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,835 Replies, 1,543,555 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,222 Replies, 3,878,165 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,570 Replies, 684,785 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
938 Replies, 545,429 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
771 Replies, 447,645 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
143 Replies, 55,090 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
45 Replies, 61,382 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
372 Replies, 260,783 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,967 Replies, 4,803,244 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 411,965 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 161,816 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,431 Replies, 4,896,355 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 389,878 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
202 Replies, 183,681 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2