Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 10-06-2022 07:50 PM

Typically is the miserable 1 to 3%.

Unregistered 11-06-2022 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220392)
Been in ST Aero for 3.5years, under Procurement.
Bosses only promote those they favour, but those that they favour cannot get job done.
Appraisal is a joke, ganna force to acknowledge might as well don't do.

But luckily managed to secure a better job with 40% increment.
Btw I'm a E3. Can you imagine stuck at E3 for 3 years. LOL.
Over this 3 years more than 30 ppl come and go.
So ya, join at your own risk.

I agree. Anyway general progression is 3-4yrs per promo. So for us without a degree, simply put no future. Better off switching after 1-2 yrs. that’s my take.

Unregistered 12-06-2022 02:26 PM

They seem to change the Band 1-3 naming from the year 2022 and the way they do the appraisal is a joke. Sometimes the manager don’t see meet you to talk, you write in feedback into system. HR and whatever management go through the process and then result come back, ask you to click acknowledge only. What you say don’t make a difference at all, very stupid.

Unregistered 13-06-2022 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221519)
They seem to change the Band 1-3 naming from the year 2022 and the way they do the appraisal is a joke. Sometimes the manager don’t see meet you to talk, you write in feedback into system. HR and whatever management go through the process and then result come back, ask you to click acknowledge only. What you say don’t make a difference at all, very stupid.

No matter what you say, the grading also won't change. Can only acknowledge lor, 2nd year onwards I DGAF already.

Unregistered 14-06-2022 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220392)
Been in ST Aero for 3.5years, under Procurement.
Bosses only promote those they favour, but those that they favour cannot get job done.
Appraisal is a joke, ganna force to acknowledge might as well don't do.

But luckily managed to secure a better job with 40% increment.
Btw I'm a E3. Can you imagine stuck at E3 for 3 years. LOL.
Over this 3 years more than 30 ppl come and go.
So ya, join at your own risk.

Favouritism plays a big part in promotion in ST.

90% of those promoted engineers were under the pet PM, who promoted multiple times in 5 years from E6 to M3. Cannot get the job done is an understatement.

My former colleagues were still slogging out in office overtime, while I see this boss pet shopping in malls on Friday nights.

Unregistered 14-06-2022 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221519)

If you are an outsourced staff, the appraisal is even non-existent. You only know you are already appraised when they are prepared to offer you a contract extension.

Unregistered 16-06-2022 09:23 PM

workplace is extremely toxic, no amount of pay is able to cover it.
pay is not even high.

If you are a fresh grad and is looking for a stepping stone, I suggest you to take low pay job or internship at a better company. don't waste time here.

Unregistered 16-06-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222295)
pay is not even high.

If you are a fresh grad and is looking for a stepping stone, I suggest you to take low pay job or internship at a better company. don't waste time here.

why toxic? can you elaborate further?

Unregistered 17-06-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222295)
pay is not even high.

Your colleagues keep farting ah?

Unregistered 19-06-2022 02:52 AM

join ST if u wan relax, leh pak pace compared to other similar coys

good for fresh grads who have rich parents, or have side business and need outside time since dont need OT much