Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 18-01-2022 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198233)
Pathetic. Normally ranges from 5-10%.

Speaking from experience, about 8%

Unregistered 18-01-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198211)
Nah, ST is Iron Rice bowl, they wun fire you. You are just getting a 3 base on the boss mood and bell curve.

I not sure sure about brand 1 and 3 cos NV kena them before. In my department, for brand 1, I NV heard anyone in my department got it(maybe given to the management?) and brand 3 will not be given as long as you got cat 2 and above clearance.

Anyway, brand 2 only give me 3-4% increment and close to 1 m bonus last yr.

My colleague worked hard but gotten band 3 for two years straight. The boss doesn't have a choice, someone in the team has to get a band 3. He just suay I guess, become the sacrificial lamb. Shortly after, he left the company.

Unregistered 18-01-2022 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198248)
My colleague worked hard but gotten band 3 for two years straight. The boss doesn't have a choice, someone in the team has to get a band 3. He just suay I guess, become the sacrificial lamb. Shortly after, he left the company.

That sucks big time. This bell curve really ****

Unregistered 18-01-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Nah, ST is Iron Rice bowl, they wun fire you. You are just getting a 3 base on the boss mood and bell curve.

I not sure sure about brand 1 and 3 cos NV kena them before. In my department, for brand 1, I NV heard anyone in my department got it(maybe given to the management?) and brand 3 will not be given as long as you got cat 2 and above clearance.

But i guess getting Band 3 will likely hinder promotion prospects am i right? Especially if the person is not well liked by the boss and the boss already is prejudice against this staff..

Unregistered 18-01-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198252)
But i guess getting Band 3 will likely hinder promotion prospects am i right? Especially if the person is not well liked by the boss and the boss already is prejudice against this staff..

nah, even you get brand 2 also dun mean you can promote, i see ppl stuck in the same rank for 5 yr and more.

1) you have to be the boss dog.
2) need to have a empty space on top, most likely they hire from outside then promote inside.
3) even internal promote, will promote the scholar > Dog > commoner

you wan promotion prospect then dun join st, st is more for those people who want to just yolo and get they end of the month pay. promotion or not they dun care.

Unregistered 19-01-2022 09:16 AM

Quote:

Not bad for 3 to 4% for a "2" grading. Previously with the old grading, my former division B and C grades only got 1 to 2% increment before COVID.

Unregistered 19-01-2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198384)
Not bad for 3 to 4% for a "2" grading. Previously with the old grading, my former division B and C grades only got 1 to 2% increment before COVID.

my fren jump out got 28% more.....

Unregistered 20-01-2022 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198430)
my fren jump out got 28% more.....

Quite curious, where did your friend jump to? If it's too sensitive then perhaps just the sector/job description will do

Unregistered 21-01-2022 05:41 AM

Cyber. He jump from 4k plus to near 6k

Unregistered 21-01-2022 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198676)
Cyber. He jump from 4k plus to near 6k

After how long at ST?