ST Electronics - Page 240 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




ST Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2391 (permalink)  
Old 26-10-2021, 09:17 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Promote only scholar. Scholar do mostly presentation and networking. Take minutes for bosses. Non technical competent.

Technical guys face delayed promotion. Bad grade etc.
I agree with this. ST has a weird culture in some divisions (at least the one I was in) to promote non project related engineers. I have seen project engineers being promoted at lightning speed (E6 to M3 in 4 years) but their support teams like hardware and software barely see any promotion for years, except for very rare occurrence of exceptional performance (e.g. programming god).

Reply With Quote
  #2392 (permalink)  
Old 29-10-2021, 10:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thinking of joining ST as cyber security engineer. Anyone have experience there?

Reply With Quote
  #2393 (permalink)  
Old 29-10-2021, 11:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thinking of joining ST as cyber security engineer. Anyone have experience there?
or as IT support engineer

Reply With Quote
  #2394 (permalink)  
Old 31-10-2021, 04:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thinking of joining ST as cyber security engineer. Anyone have experience there?
Busy and might no work life balance.
Reply With Quote
  #2395 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2021, 05:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with this. ST has a weird culture in some divisions (at least the one I was in) to promote non project related engineers. I have seen project engineers being promoted at lightning speed (E6 to M3 in 4 years) but their support teams like hardware and software barely see any promotion for years, except for very rare occurrence of exceptional performance (e.g. programming god).
Some department you wear skirt can promote quite fast. Some just use their mouth and take others credit and push blame also can promote very fast. So managers are damn big story tellers that they can convince the bosses not to promote you. It's bread and butter for these managers. So if there's a good deal out there, don't go thinking of staying in ST.
Reply With Quote
  #2396 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2021, 05:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some department you wear skirt can promote quite fast. Some just use their mouth and take others credit and push blame also can promote very fast. So managers are damn big story tellers that they can convince the bosses not to promote you. It's bread and butter for these managers. So if there's a good deal out there, don't go thinking of staying in ST.
Usually after 2 - 3 years, people will start to look out for opportunities outside of ST.
Reply With Quote

  #2397 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2021, 08:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some department you wear skirt can promote quite fast. Some just use their mouth and take others credit and push blame also can promote very fast. So managers are damn big story tellers that they can convince the bosses not to promote you. It's bread and butter for these managers. So if there's a good deal out there, don't go thinking of staying in ST.
It's unfortunate for technical staff are appraised by management who do not have technical backgrounds.

My former sup tried to promote the E5s and E6s over the 5 years I was there. He only managed to successfully promote one.
Reply With Quote
  #2398 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2021, 10:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some department you wear skirt can promote quite fast. Some just use their mouth and take others credit and push blame also can promote very fast. So managers are damn big story tellers that they can convince the bosses not to promote you. It's bread and butter for these managers. So if there's a good deal out there, don't go thinking of staying in ST.
Some just use their mouth and take others credit and push blame also can promote very fast. >> This sounds like the PM I had.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2399 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2021, 09:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's unfortunate for technical staff are appraised by management who do not have technical backgrounds.

My former sup tried to promote the E5s and E6s over the 5 years I was there. He only managed to successfully promote one.
These is very correct. While other companies are putting electric vehicles on road. Or use development softwares to analysis and improve semicon developments

ST only says leadership quality. Leadership is our forte who ever have ",
Leadership" will get promoted.
We have 10 leaders and 2 technical staff who really get things done.
And use politics to say the 2 technical staff no leadership.
Reply With Quote
  #2400 (permalink)  
Old 14-11-2021, 07:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
These is very correct. While other companies are putting electric vehicles on road. Or use development softwares to analysis and improve semicon developments

ST only says leadership quality. Leadership is our forte who ever have ",
Leadership" will get promoted.
We have 10 leaders and 2 technical staff who really get things done.
And use politics to say the 2 technical staff no leadership.
Who is the ST biggest client? How many % of business are they giving ST?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After Getting Diploma from Aerospace Electronics ? Dionne Monic Education and Personal Growth 6 10-02-2018 12:46 PM
Circuits and Electronics Engineering Tutor yice Income and Jobs 2 29-10-2012 04:02 PM
Electronics Design Course Promotion sthua Education and Personal Growth 1 16-08-2012 05:50 AM
Production Engineer (Electronics) curryrice Income and Jobs 1 25-03-2011 10:24 AM
How much does an electronics engineer get paid ? omara007 Income and Jobs 8 15-10-2009 08:03 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,570 Replies, 2,222,139 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,196 Replies, 858,065 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
150 Replies, 91,424 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
172 Replies, 112,071 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
333 Replies, 123,969 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,898 Replies, 1,853,730 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,995 Replies, 8,644,068 Views
Buying or renting a property ???... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 24,447 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,462 Replies, 1,959,964 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
832 Replies, 386,758 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,425 Replies, 3,357,353 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,948 Replies, 772,829 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
819 Replies, 168,921 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,624 Replies, 867,155 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,817 Replies, 6,193,021 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
538 Replies, 184,482 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
316 Replies, 207,010 Views
Anyone ever rage quitted your job... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 967 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,829 Replies, 2,783,223 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
848 Replies, 588,580 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,193 Replies, 877,657 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
343 Replies, 133,959 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
133 Replies, 59,450 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
843 Replies, 220,095 Views
DXC Technology Software Developer ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 2,060 Views
Dilemma: Higher paying job vs...
9 Replies, 694 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,324 Replies, 2,216,516 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,040 Replies, 353,451 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
212 Replies, 239,494 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
870 Replies, 501,645 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2