Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

zero_88 28-11-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 111939)
I have a few questions below, appreciate if someone can answer.

1)Anyone know the pay of the fresh grad now?
2)Do ST contract now provided only by agency?
3)Do ST provide its own contract 1 year contract?
4)What exactly is an outsource contract does it means by agency?
5)If yes to 3 and 4. What is the benefit different between outsource contract?

for ST electronics it is 1 year contract for newly join staff, in house contract and external contract there is a different

outsource have lesser contract

zero_88 28-11-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111967)
no wonder................goodluck at ST................

Not so bad la

just that really gt many politics

dun even dream of "feedback" to upper management or ur RO

if u feedback to the management, like thing may not be right, they will tell u thing like

"You go where also the same one....", "you must learn to get used to it....", "this is how thing are for now..."

Good or bad I dk, just dun say I nvr warn u all

lamerena 28-11-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 111990)
for ST electronics it is 1 year contract for newly join staff, in house contract and external contract there is a different

outsource have lesser contract

Can ask you what is inhouse contract,external contract and outsource? And can tell me the diff maybe pay and benefit?

Unregistered 28-11-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 111992)
Can ask you what is inhouse contract,external contract and outsource? And can tell me the diff maybe pay and benefit?

Differences = who pay you the money: ST, Contracted Vendor for HR Services, or Sub-contractor.

Unregistered 29-11-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112003)
Differences = who pay you the money: ST, Contracted Vendor for HR Services, or Sub-contractor.

Captain Obvious retarded answer

zero_88 02-12-2018 01:20 PM

ST Electronics offer me 1 year contract renewal

But the thing is, they want me to give them an answer 1 month ahead of my contract end date. The manager tell me dun play him out if I accept his offer

Actually I already started looking for job this few month, since oct

and already gt a few promising job interview, should I accept the 1 year contract job again?

or shld I just look for perm job outside?

SushiSamurai 03-12-2018 01:47 AM

Are you the same person who posted on EDMW asking for advice? Everyone there has been telling you to take care of yourself first (i.e. accept the job offer first, but continue to look for other jobs). You're not playing anyone out if you renege on your acceptance, this is simply the name of the game.

I can see that you're a kind person since you care about not playing others out. But bear in mind it is actually not much of a harm to your ST employer even if you renege on your offer. It's just more admin work for him and the HR dept to find another candidate, as well as some minor disruption to his planning.

Meanwhile if you forsake a better job offer, that's lost earnings numbering in the thousands (and more, if you factor in future lost earnings). Or worse yet, if you choose not to accept the ST contract because you're a nice person but you end up being unable to find a new job thereafter, that's unemployment right there. Even if you do manage to find a job after you've quit your ST job, that's your bargaining from a weaker position -- how can you negotiate for a higher salary when the next potential employer knows that the alternative option for you is unemployment?

Renew your ST contract, but keep looking for better offers elsewhere too. You're too nice. You owe your boss nothing, and trust me he will screw you over instead if he had to.

Unregistered 01-01-2019 11:30 PM

Heard from my friend that there are changes to some of the hr policy, like bonus . Anyone working there can share some insights?

Unregistered 02-01-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112750)
Heard from my friend that there are changes to some of the hr policy, like bonus . Anyone working there can share some insights?

heard some "rumour" that bonus will factor into your monthly pay; higher pay but lesser bonus payout .... annual package will still remain the same

Unregistered 03-01-2019 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112779)
heard some "rumour" that bonus will factor into your monthly pay; higher pay but lesser bonus payout .... annual package will still remain the same

Lesser bonus means lower pb or no 13th month? Still got yearly increment?