Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

lamerena 27-11-2018 09:57 AM

I have a few questions below, appreciate if someone can answer.

1)Anyone know the pay of the fresh grad now?
2)Do ST contract now provided only by agency?
3)Do ST provide its own contract 1 year contract?
4)What exactly is an outsource contract does it means by agency?
5)If yes to 3 and 4. What is the benefit different between outsource contract?

Unregistered 27-11-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 111939)
I have a few questions below, appreciate if someone can answer.

1)Anyone know the pay of the fresh grad now?
2)Do ST contract now provided only by agency?
3)Do ST provide its own contract 1 year contract?
4)What exactly is an outsource contract does it means by agency?
5)If yes to 3 and 4. What is the benefit different between outsource contract?

1) it depends on which business unit that hire you but I would say it is in the range of 3.4-3.6
2) I am not certain about that but I do know that some that received job here via agency do tend to be contract position
3)I won't say no but the trend seems to be if you directly apply to ST, odds are it's a perm position
4) I am not 100 percent sure about this but it seems that outsource contract means you are hired by another company but outsourced to ST as a worker
5) from what I can tell, if it is a contract by ST or agency to work directly to ST, you will have a higher chance of getting perm compared to outsource

This are based on what I know atm as an employee here but I could be wrong about a few things

lamerena 27-11-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111942)
1) it depends on which business unit that hire you but I would say it is in the range of 3.4-3.6
2) I am not certain about that but I do know that some that received job here via agency do tend to be contract position
3)I won't say no but the trend seems to be if you directly apply to ST, odds are it's a perm position
4) I am not 100 percent sure about this but it seems that outsource contract means you are hired by another company but outsourced to ST as a worker
5) from what I can tell, if it is a contract by ST or agency to work directly to ST, you will have a higher chance of getting perm compared to outsource

This are based on what I know atm as an employee here but I could be wrong about a few things

If it is in a range of 3.4-3.6 does it mean that ST doesnt pay you by the degree honour you have?

Any idea what do i look out for? I went for the 2nd interview last week and they verbally offer me a role. Because I am afraid I might get shortchange(example the benefit) if it is a contract by agency as I doesn't know whether ST provides its own contract for contract workers.

Unregistered 27-11-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 111943)
If it is in a range of 3.4-3.6 does it mean that ST doesnt pay you by the degree honour you have?

Any idea what do i look out for? I went for the 2nd interview last week and they verbally offer me a role. Because I am afraid I might get shortchange(example the benefit) if it is a contract by agency as I doesn't know whether ST provides its own contract for contract workers.

I heard they do pay extra for first class honour but I haven't met anyone with that classification so I can't really guarantee that

I assume you are being employed under ST via an agency right? In that case you should be a contract staff and usually will have limited benefits compared to perm but I am quite confident to say that you should be able to convert to perm in after a year of work. My impression is contract staff directly from ST or from another agency shouldn't have much difference benefits wise.

lamerena 27-11-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111945)
I heard they do pay extra for first class honour but I haven't met anyone with that classification so I can't really guarantee that

I assume you are being employed under ST via an agency right? In that case you should be a contract staff and usually will have limited benefits compared to perm but I am quite confident to say that you should be able to convert to perm in after a year of work. My impression is contract staff directly from ST or from another agency shouldn't have much difference benefits wise.

Currently, have an verbal offered from info-soft system 2nd interview for a data analytics role but waiting for HR for the contract details which I apply through agency.

Then I had another call last week from info-soft system but different department to go for an interview. Which she told me is cyber security on the phone but the email stated "software engineer" and the job will be attached to dsta. If in this case, will it be consider as an outsource contract?

Prospect and pay wise which job will be better?

Unregistered 27-11-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 111947)
Currently, have an verbal offered from info-soft system 2nd interview for a data analytics role but waiting for HR for the contract details which I apply through agency.

Then I had another call last week from info-soft system but different department to go for an interview. Which she told me is cyber security on the phone but the email stated "software engineer" and the job will be attached to dsta. If in this case, will it be consider as an outsource contract?

For the dsta one while true will be consider an outsource contract to dsta, if you are a perm position in ST then benefits wise, this will be better hands down, perm will always be better than contract staff.

To keep things simple benefit wise, just focus one thing, is your job with ST a perm or contract, don't bother with details such as outsource to dsta or whatnot

As for prospect, I assume you mean promotion and increment and my answer to that is don't expect much

Unregistered 27-11-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 111947)

To keep it simple benefits wise, just focus on one question, is this job with ST a perm or contract, perm again will confirm has better benefits

As for prospect, I assume u meant promotion and increment and my view is don't expect too much

Unregistered 27-11-2018 05:01 PM

Which university did you graduate from? ST is a **** company lol. only rejects go there.

lamerena 27-11-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111954)
Which university did you graduate from? ST is a **** company lol. only rejects go there.

NTU com science

Unregistered 27-11-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 111963)
NTU com science

no wonder................goodluck at ST................