Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

zero_88 28-10-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111223)
Roughly the increment for GLC is how much? Is there a formula or approximation given years of service/experience?

Assuming a fresh IT grad today starts at 3.6k, I take it as the average salary. Every year add a fixed $100 or $50? Or a percentage of the salary e.g. 3% to 4% adjustment?

most people is $50 la

dun have too high hope

the performance is base on whether your boss like you or not

just assume is $50 per year

Unregistered 29-10-2018 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 111214)
I work in ST

Con - politics
I can tell, really a lot of politics one, cos ST Electronics himself is TOO BIG

gt different division, then those old people like to stalk at people and see what are u doing, like are u surfing the web, or doing real work, and you tio mark bo dai bo ji, I know some people tio marked b4, just becos the old people management "don't like u"

I can say, there dun focus on the output of the work, but rather people skill, social skill and how well u able to interact with colleague

(almost) everyone damn fake and wear mask everyday. But there are still nice people around

Pro is - really very slack most the times, but of cos thing u must do la, sometimes need to go down to site and do testing. Sometimes will go home quite late but once in a blue moon kind, you also wun stay alone la.

Working timing is sibei flexible one, if you know the boss on leave, you can come work at 10am, nobody know unless your colleague bao toh you (which refer to the first point of office politics). If you miss your breakfast, can go out for a breakfast and start work at your free time.

1130pm lunch, lunch is no fixed time, but we usually go at 1130pm, can come back anytime, usually we come back at 1230pm

OT is optional, actually how much work u done, nobody know, even your boss also dun know, cos they will not check on you. You need to DELIVER something by the end of the day. BUT, if your co worker, blackmouth you or complain say u nvr do thing, YOU KENNA. Back to point 1, KEEP A GOOD RELATIONSHIP with your colleagues.

Take MC and leave is piece of cake, you can easily take 2 day mc, I still gt about 10 days of MC for this year havent finish

Conclusion
-------------

I recommend this to people who are like to chup and smoke and mix with people, generally 30+ to 40+. Don't mind wear a mask everyday and keep good relationship with colleague at all time. It is very stable.

If you are introvert, young and vibrant, and also like to experiment new technology or like to be alone, this is really not a place for you.

Salary is above average, just above the line of average. Bonus is good

If vs NCS, I would choose ST over NCS

How many months is the average bonus for ST?

How about the yearly increment part?

zero_88 29-10-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111239)
How many months is the average bonus for ST?

How about the yearly increment part?

I already told $50 liao

you want me to say how many time?

Unregistered 29-10-2018 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 111259)
I already told $50 liao

you want me to say how many time?

you under contract? full-time staff usually will get 3% (C+ grade)

bonus varies for different SBA ... avg is about 4/3/2/1.5. contract staff will usually get about half of full-time staff

Unregistered 31-10-2018 11:33 AM

Fresh grad here.
  • Is it a good place for unambitious tech-oriented hands-on people?
  • Looking for a stable company that won't retrench and will always renew contract
  • Not interested in climbing career ladder or moving up to management or team lead role
  • Just be engineer/senior engineer working on assigned project(s) day-to-day
  • Not interested in playing politics to backstab colleagues or coworkers

Just hoping to live on the yearly increment and pay adjustment.

Unregistered 31-10-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 111229)
most people is $50 la

dun have too high hope

the performance is base on whether your boss like you or not

just assume is $50 per year

Work there 10 years if no promotion add $500?

So fresh grads who joined 10 years ago is getting 3.6k + 500 = 4.1k today?

Unregistered 31-10-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111268)
you under contract? full-time staff usually will get 3% (C+ grade)

bonus varies for different SBA ... avg is about 4/3/2/1.5. contract staff will usually get about half of full-time staff

1.5 to 4 months performance bonus for average performers? That's quite high.

Unregistered 02-11-2018 10:31 PM

What will happened?
 
I had been convicted for 1 day over 10 years ago. Had been working hard with an oem for a Long time and was promoted to a senior level and was recently offered to join ST info-soft with a decent package.

I am thinking to take the dive, but worry about hr finding out about my bad past.

By the way, would original transcripts be needed? All are gone many years ago during moving..

Unregistered 04-11-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111355)
I had been convicted for 1 day over 10 years ago. Had been working hard with an oem for a Long time and was promoted to a senior level and was recently offered to join ST info-soft with a decent package.

I am thinking to take the dive, but worry about hr finding out about my bad past.

By the way, would original transcripts be needed? All are gone many years ago during moving..

Better stay, don't join

zero_88 06-11-2018 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111301)
Fresh grad here.
  • Is it a good place for unambitious tech-oriented hands-on people?
  • Looking for a stable company that won't retrench and will always renew contract
  • Not interested in climbing career ladder or moving up to management or team lead role
  • Just be engineer/senior engineer working on assigned project(s) day-to-day
  • Not interested in playing politics to backstab colleagues or coworkers

Just hoping to live on the yearly increment and pay adjustment.

unambitious tech-oriented hands-on people mean what?

Are u updated with all the latest technology?

Not interested in playing politics? I think you go where also the same

but for ST definitely have politics and one lead to another
I advise to work for big company outside corporate world and see what u really good at


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2