Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 21-04-2021 02:37 PM

Still on this topic? Seriously a waste of time.
There will always be self entitled dumbasses who believe their degree is a business class ticket to classified them as higher caste entitled to promotion and increment automatically.
Live with it. No point arguing with them. These people can only survive in ST, as long as you don't join ST, you won't have the problem of having to deal with these people. Go and read up the posts in the early parts of the thread and you will have an idea how the company is like inside.

There are also the other type of people who focus on their performance and value. Some have degree some don't but they know what they create is what defines their value. They get kicked out once they don't perform, that degree is not going to save them. These people can survive anywhere not ST. So Good news, you still have the majority of space to find work like getting into a MNC.

Unregistered 21-04-2021 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166018)
In MNC, we pay our non degree holder better than that, a senior engineer gets at least 5K regardless if he has a degree or not. We pay if he proves he can. We promote base on performance, not if you have a degree or not.
I can relate to some of the posts here. I still remember that hilarious interview I had with a ST staff a few years back. Don't know what DOE is, cannot even explain how to use a DFMEA or DMAIC. No knowledge about product development roadmap, almost zero knowledge of the products the role needs to design on. He has this very weird idea that promotions and incentives are tied to his paper qualifications. I don't know why did the agency even sent him to us. Then we asked him why we should hire him. And some of you might have guessed, "Because I have a degree".
My other colleague told him that it is not the degree, it is your competence.

This is how ST loses the competent staff, only paper qualifications matter.

Unregistered 22-04-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166085)
This is how ST loses the competent staff, only paper qualifications matter.

Then go get the qualification

Unregistered 22-04-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166149)
Then go get the qualification

I will rather leave ST.
Qualifications don't stop when I get the paper. It is only the beginning. So leaving ST is the better choice.

Unregistered 22-04-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166153)
I will rather leave ST.
Qualifications don't stop when I get the paper. It is only the beginning. So leaving ST is the better choice.

If you're such a competent engineer already. Why is it so difficult to enrol in part time degree course and attend class and take exam? Then start your own tech company. Be the founder. Get investment and funding. Hire your own diploma engineers and be billionaire lo.

You can look up the role model poke Dyson or Elon musk

And when you have a successful company that create products and made you a fortune for your children and grandchildren so they don't have to work.
Then make sure your hiring policy is just to hire diploma.

Period.

Unregistered 22-04-2021 12:24 PM

People with degree.
Paid for uni school fee.
Attended course and lecture to learn.
Did the tutorial and labs and exercises.
Took the exam and pass... Or can't graduate.

For 4 years. With no pay...

And you want to complain that non degree should be qualified just ad much ad degree.
Just go complete your degree.
Enough said. Don't need harvard or mit.
Any private uni is fine.

Point is. If you want degree pay. Get a degree

Unregistered 22-04-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166155)
If you're such a competent engineer already. Why is it so difficult to enrol in part time degree course and attend class and take exam? Then start your own tech company. Be the founder. Get investment and funding. Hire your own diploma engineers and be billionaire lo.

You can look up the role model poke Dyson or Elon musk

And when you have a successful company that create products and made you a fortune for your children and grandchildren so they don't have to work.
Then make sure your hiring policy is just to hire diploma.

Period.

I already have a degree. I just see how uncompetitive I get if I continue to stay in ST. If you like to continue your entitled mentality that you deserve to promote because you got a degree then good for you. I think critically and I don't want to be a laughing stock when I get compared with my friends from MNC whenever they talk about real knowledge, technology, exposure and experience. So ST is not for me.

Unregistered 22-04-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166157)
I already have a degree. I just see how uncompetitive I get if I continue to stay in ST. If you like to continue your entitled mentality that you deserve to promote because you got a degree then good for you. I think critically and I don't want to be a laughing stock when I get compared with my friends from MNC whenever they talk about real knowledge, technology, exposure and experience. So ST is not for me.

You should join Dyson.
They hiring. So you have a global brand.
But UK people don't like Dyson..
So yep.
Anyway with the ST brand in your resume you can easily go into Dyson or etc.

As compared to if you worked in some tan ah kow Pte Ltd
Brand name is always good.

You got degree. Then complain about non degree...

So basically you're saying you are the incompetent degree holder and that your non degree colleagues are more knowledgable than you. And they don't want to share or teach you..

So now I see

Unregistered 22-04-2021 01:43 PM

People in ST just want to retire la.
They don't want to upgrade skill or learn new things or compete with the world best engineering.

Why? Cause work hard also don't translate to promotion or high pay.
Engineers in ST is treated like **** while the managers get promoted higher and higher and they retain the power.

In other company you don't bring in value out you go.
ST you have the connection, you come in straight away become senior manager...

And can't deliver anything. Just power trip...

Unregistered 22-04-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166157)

I am the poster of 1931.
My advise for you is don't waste your time on those who self entitled dumbasses.