Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 13-04-2021 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165263)
Just curious, can a fresh grad be a project manager in ST?

sure.. then without experience he will screw up the project and make the company lose money

Unregistered 13-04-2021 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165313)
sure.. then without experience he will screw up the project and make the company lose money

But with degree he won't screw up. Thats why degree holders fresh grad can be project managers.

Unregistered 13-04-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165316)
But with degree he won't screw up. Thats why degree holders fresh grad can be project managers.

you 12yo ah?

so childish... sorry i dun talk to kids

Unregistered 13-04-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165323)
you 12yo ah?

so childish... sorry i dun talk to kids

If degree fresh grad cannot become manager then why i take degree
Only those who are self entitled think they deserve to promote because they are charismstic or have experience. But this is a Singaporean company, if you cannot even bother to take a degree, how do you expect to can promote. A degree is a degree. No amount of experience and knowledge can replace. As a project manager, i don't need to know anything about my project take whatever pmp as long as my men know what to do. If diploma can be project manager then You ask yourself how many managers in ST don't have degree?

Unregistered 13-04-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165325)
If degree fresh grad cannot become manager then why i take degree
Only those who are self entitled think they deserve to promote because they are charismstic or have experience. But this is a Singaporean company, if you cannot even bother to take a degree, how do you expect to can promote. A degree is a degree. No amount of experience and knowledge can replace. As a project manager, i don't need to know anything about my project take whatever pmp as long as my men know what to do. If diploma can be project manager then You ask yourself how many managers in ST don't have degree?

Everyone can get a degree now. SIM etc. Pay and study for it. Don't be lazy.

Project manager need skills la.
1) thick face
2) lie to boss / lie to customer
3) cover own ass
4) appear as team player but be selfish
5) inspire team to do the work while you just manage and track progress...

Not easy. For people with self respect.
Everyday just meeting. Worrying about deadline but can't affect the outcome

Unregistered 13-04-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165332)
Everyone can get a degree now. SIM etc. Pay and study for it. Don't be lazy.

Project manager need skills la.
1) thick face
2) lie to boss / lie to customer
3) cover own ass
4) appear as team player but be selfish
5) inspire team to do the work while you just manage and track progress...

Not easy. For people with self respect.
Everyday just meeting. Worrying about deadline but can't affect the outcome

Yah lah. I also don't understand why some people can be so lazy die die don't want to take degree and they think they got many years of experience managing project or some pmp cert can become project manager. How can experience be better than a degree that we spend 4 years to study for.

Unregistered 13-04-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165313)

Project manager is pretty useless. PMP? I can get the cert in 2 weeks.

Unregistered 13-04-2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165378)
Project manager is pretty useless. PMP? I can get the cert in 2 weeks.

You joking bro? 2 weeks? I just need 2 days.

Unregistered 13-04-2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165412)
You joking bro? 2 weeks? I just need 2 days.

Yes, 1.5 days is also possible if you want to chiong. Seriously, jd that asked for useless cert is not worth applying for. Normally the salary is low as well adjusted to the number of experience.

Unregistered 14-04-2021 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165413)
Yes, 1.5 days is also possible if you want to chiong. Seriously, jd that asked for useless cert is not worth applying for. Normally the salary is low as well adjusted to the number of experience.

With a good degree I think I can get my pmp certificate in 1 day. Useless certificate lah. Take a degree with first class honours and automatic become project manager in ST. You no need to know anything about the project or your whatever product as long as your men know their job. Anyway you cannot do much as a project manager except to pray for no problems.