Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 08-03-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158069)
So that someone like u got chance to continue stay in ST lol.

Must protect my iron rice bowl

Unregistered 08-03-2021 01:14 PM

Anyone from training and simulation can advise what is the culture like?
I attended an interview for software but can't seem to get what the culture iis like.

Feels very secretive.

I'm interested in the job description but at the same time I'm not sure whether I have the simulation background for it?

I come from Web development background.

CorgiHamster 08-03-2021 03:28 PM

Starting pay for SgIS scholar?
 
currently FCH from NTU, planning to apply for SgIS scholarship into ST, aiming to do Robotics & AI in ST. Anyone know how much the starting pay today? Heard from career coach is very high now, like mid 4k, but i see people here still burning ST for terrible pay?? very confused now

Unregistered 08-03-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorgiHamster (Post 158107)
currently FCH from NTU, planning to apply for SgIS scholarship into ST, aiming to do Robotics & AI in ST. Anyone know how much the starting pay today? Heard from career coach is very high now, like mid 4k, but i see people here still burning ST for terrible pay?? very confused now

FCH don't waste your time at ST

CorgiHamster 08-03-2021 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158109)
FCH don't waste your time at ST

but then people say scholarship got guarantee fast track progression leh

Unregistered 08-03-2021 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorgiHamster (Post 158107)
currently FCH from NTU, planning to apply for SgIS scholarship into ST, aiming to do Robotics & AI in ST. Anyone know how much the starting pay today? Heard from career coach is very high now, like mid 4k, but i see people here still burning ST for terrible pay?? very confused now

Congrats.
I joined ST as mechanical engineer back in 2008 with starting pay of 3k.
Every year increment is like 3% on average. One peodinotioj I got 8%.

So right now im close to 4.8k.

So I'd you join as fresh grad now. I probably get same pay as your or lower but I'm 13 years exp.

Yes sad. But ofc I excluded the 2 to 3 months bonus in the equation.

Not sure why work so many years so long only to be on par with fresh grad.
Its also like, wait for it, experience has no value.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorgiHamster (Post 158110)
but then people say scholarship got guarantee fast track progression leh

All the more reasons don't join.
Your colleagues all are like 2nd lower, private uni, diploma, won't respect you fch for being privileged.
You won't gain any respect here.

So don't join better.
Join dsta or a star those scholars places so your can flaunt your FCH amongst each other. Then they can compare dual degree or MIT or business degrees or master or PhD.

Don't come ST cause ST engineers, including management are all average students, so is average employee now

CorgiHamster 08-03-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158111)
Congrats.
I joined ST as mechanical engineer back in 2008 with starting pay of 3k.
Every year increment is like 3% on average. One peodinotioj I got 8%.

So right now im close to 4.8k.

So I'd you join as fresh grad now. I probably get same pay as your or lower but I'm 13 years exp.

Yes sad. But ofc I excluded the 2 to 3 months bonus in the equation.

Not sure why work so many years so long only to be on par with fresh grad.
Its also like, wait for it, experience has no value.

so its true fresh grad starting pay for IT close to 4k+ already? any sources? or hearsay from fresh grads in ST? regarding your salary, back in 2008, career coach say the pay was horrible... so i guess its unfortunate to join at that time since your progression will be pegged to starting salary?

Unregistered 08-03-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 158112)
All the more reasons don't join.
Your colleagues all are like 2nd lower, private uni, diploma, won't respect you fch for being privileged.
You won't gain any respect here.

So don't join better.
Join dsta or a star those scholars places so your can flaunt your FCH amongst each other. Then they can compare dual degree or MIT or business degrees or master or PhD.

Don't come ST cause ST engineers, including management are all average students, so is average employee now

Worst kind are managers with average brain but scholar pay check, won't listen to fch advise one.
You will end up always arguing with dumb managers and your seniors...
You won't be happy here.

Unregistered 08-03-2021 03:40 PM

just curious, u FCH wouldn have been poached already? I'm surprised you are looking here for information(genuine curious)


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2