Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 28-01-2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155324)
Then can throw letter already.

Don't waste paper la.
Just WhatsApp can liao.
Wait. Don't waste your mobile data.
Just pack and leave can liao.

Unregistered 28-01-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155326)
Don't waste paper la.
Just WhatsApp can liao.
Wait. Don't waste your mobile data.
Just pack and leave can liao.

Yes. Please leave...
So there is 1 less headcount to distribute bonus..

Unregistered 28-01-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155325)
Please read news la.
Sheng shiong say their bonus scheme is the same since 2007.

Group bonus is 20% of the profit.
They made around 100 million profit.
So bonus is around 20 million to be distributed to the employee based on their typical title tank etc.

It's the same as ST what... Just that ST never made 100 million dollars profit.
Revenue is high. Cost is also high so profit is marginal.

After paying dividend to the investors, not much bonus left to be distributed.
And when distributed the top senior management take up all the bonus first.

Story short. ST didn't make enough profit to give high bonus to employee.
Employee didn't work hard enough to generate profit for the company.

Working hard is not the same as creating value.
So don't overtime la. It's those senior management, director, VP job role to get business for the company and grow the profit...

So for them to meet their kpi for profit...
Just cut cost lo. 1 project engineer do multiple projects... To save cost.

For the project engineer, he thinks "I worked on 3 different project, my bonus should be good."
But he never realised that he's working on 3 projects cause management want to increase profit margin.
Otherwise they would hired multiple prokect engineers for 1 project. Instead of 1 project engineer handling multiple projects.

Then when you overtime etc thinking you deserve a good bonus... But reality is you help your VP to meet his kpi profit margin. And since your VP meet his kpi.. The big bonus go to him lo.

So the prokect engineer work longer, with no bonus. Get all the ****. While the VP lifestyle get better. Car get bigger. Condo get bigger. Even the noise they make in office also louder..

I like your last paragraph. Very apt description.

To the management with old mentality, doing OT is a must and a way to show that someone is doing work.

If leave early they will start question.

I used to leave on time as I worked quite efficiently. Once I left office, calls and WhatsApp started coming in from bosses and those colleagues who spent the whole day talking away. So I started to hang around for a while and leave once the bosses go back.

Some of their famous words:

1. "6pm end work doesn't mean 6pm go home." (doesn't apply to managers)

2. "Wah sure or not so fast finish?"

Unregistered 28-01-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155333)
I like your last paragraph. Very apt description.

To the management with old mentality, doing OT is a must and a way to show that someone is doing work.

If leave early they will start question.

I used to leave on time as I worked quite efficiently. Once I left office, calls and WhatsApp started coming in from bosses and those colleagues who spent the whole day talking away. So I started to hang around for a while and leave once the bosses go back.

Some of their famous words:

1. "6pm end work doesn't mean 6pm go home." (doesn't apply to managers)

2. "Wah sure or not so fast finish?"

I always use excuse... "have to pick up my kid from Child care. Later my son ask where is papa where is papa... Later my wife divorce me..."

6pm end work is 6pm end work.
Like that then 9 am start work I come in 11 am okay?

If customer need this deadline 12 pm, then we submit 4pm OK.

Unregistered 28-01-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155333)
I like your last paragraph. Very apt description.

To the management with old mentality, doing OT is a must and a way to show that someone is doing work.

If leave early they will start question.

I used to leave on time as I worked quite efficiently. Once I left office, calls and WhatsApp started coming in from bosses and those colleagues who spent the whole day talking away. So I started to hang around for a while and leave once the bosses go back.

Some of their famous words:

1. "6pm end work doesn't mean 6pm go home." (doesn't apply to managers)

2. "Wah sure or not so fast finish?"

Last order 10 pm is last order lo.
Last train is 1158 pm means its 1158 pm... Not 1203 am. Ask your boss to go die la.

No increment. No bloody bonus. Want me to work extra.
I not stupid.

Unregistered 28-01-2021 05:59 PM

The time is now 6 pm.
I'm walking out.
If you have a problem then please ask HR to increase my pay to reflect the increase in working hours.

Limpeh don't give a rat ass.

Unregistered 29-01-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155335)
I always use excuse... "have to pick up my kid from Child care. Later my son ask where is papa where is papa... Later my wife divorce me..."

6pm end work is 6pm end work.
Like that then 9 am start work I come in 11 am okay?

If customer need this deadline 12 pm, then we submit 4pm OK.

My bosses really don't care about deadline. PM don't keep track, keep delay until customer make a lot of noise.

Unregistered 29-01-2021 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155337)
Last order 10 pm is last order lo.
Last train is 1158 pm means its 1158 pm... Not 1203 am. Ask your boss to go die la.

No increment. No bloody bonus. Want me to work extra.
I not stupid.

In the 2nd in ST before I left, I leave on time or at most 15 minutes more because of bus timing. I really got marked down on that in appraisal, increment and everything.

Want senior engineer / Assistant PE don't want to promote, use E5 to with experience to be "senior" in the team.

My final year in ST, I left even before 6pm. Since I already made up my mind and was already looking out for new job, I got nothing to lose from there already. Can't even be bothered to stay for the bonus then.

Unregistered 29-01-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 155381)
In the 2nd in ST before I left, I leave on time or at most 15 minutes more because of bus timing. I really got marked down on that in appraisal, increment and everything.

Want senior engineer / Assistant PE don't want to promote, use E5 to with experience to be "senior" in the team.

My final year in ST, I left even before 6pm. Since I already made up my mind and was already looking out for new job, I got nothing to lose from there already. Can't even be bothered to stay for the bonus then.

If the work you finish liao, leave on time there is nothing wrong.

Leave 15 min early? That one cannot la.. If we cut your lunch time to 15 min only can or not? Its just 15 min what...

Then you come work 15 min earlier also can or not?

Basically the rule of thumb is..
If you are able to finish the work.. Go home on time no issue

Can't finish work..
But always come late. Long lunch and leave early on time.
Thats where you got marked.

Maybe that's why all those seniors... They never in office until like 9 to 930 am
. But they stayed back like 5 min or 10 min later... This is the reason la.

Office politics.
I have staff she is rhe earliest. And she also never go long lunch. Like 15 min pantry lunch..
And she finish her work so she leave on time no problem.

I have another staff E5 stroll in office 930 am follow th seniors.. Work cannot finish. Deadline cannot meet. Still dare to leave on time to rush home..

That one I also put in rh. Appraisal... Work can't complete. Rush home..

Unregistered 29-01-2021 11:44 AM

Leave early is definitely a no no.
If leave early that's called slacking off. Subject to HR for disciplinary action.

Leave on time you did nothing wrong.
Work overtime you also did nothing wrong. But don't expect company to pay you more.

If you can't get the work done. Don't care you work 8 hours or 8 hours 5 min. The work is not done..
This is why people don't want to work in environment where there is not enough resources.

You 1 person do 3 people's work also don't get the bonus.
Must learn from the seniors la.

They are hibernation mode... 5 days a week. Finish liao don't update.
But when boss ask for updates, immediately got update liao..

This office politics you must master in ST.
Must appear to be working. But don't work too much or you'll get arrowed all the time.

Just work enough. And see the environment... If people ot etc rushing. You also smart abit go home a little late. Or they will arrow you... "eh xxx so early every go home early,... Get him to help out"


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2