Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 17-05-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134314)
Lies. I joined DSTA as fresh grad in 2018 was offered 3.9k only but higher than my peers who are getting around 3.6k that was the market salary.

Did the starting pay increase by 1k over 2 years? Yikes.

3.9k? are you from local uni? i know of private uni software engineers getting 4k in ST in 2019. And it is 4.5k - 4.9k for comp science grads for DSTA market rate pay in 2019. You're the delusional one thinking you're getting good salary but still 20% lower than those fresh grads in DSTA

Unregistered 17-05-2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134438)
3.9k? are you from local uni? i know of private uni software engineers getting 4k in ST in 2019. And it is 4.5k - 4.9k for comp science grads for DSTA market rate pay in 2019. You're the delusional one thinking you're getting good salary but still 20% lower than those fresh grads in DSTA

3.9k for procurement/generalist role, still can believe.

3.9 for engineering/software role is definitely fake news.

Unregistered 17-05-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

stop shitting on other people alright? it's sad enough that they have low pay. gosh, just leave them alone to cry will you

liangan123 17-05-2020 03:33 PM

Epic triplex 3 way Digital Lock

1 Attachment(s)
My Digital Lock selling epic triplex 3 way digital Lock at lowest price in Singapore for HDB Main Door
The epic triplex 3 way Digital Lock can unlock using card, pin and key , do give us a call
You can call me , Mike 87839309 to purchase epic triplex 3 way digital lock at 289$ only and free installation.
Promotion epic digital lock comes with 1 year warranty
Visit our website https://www.mydigitallock.com.sg/ or facebook page for the latest promotion
When you Purchase Epic triplex 3 way Digital Lock , you will receive!!!
1. $50 Discount on EPIC 5G Pro Gate Digital Lock
2. $100 Discount on HDB Main Door
3. $50 Discount on HDB Gate
4. $50 Discount on Bedroom Door
5. $50 Discount on PVC Toilet Door
6. $100 Discount on My President Mattress Mattress
After you purchase any of the 6th items, you will receive a digital door viewer for FREE
#HDBDoor #Firerateddoor #maindoor #condodoor #btodoor #doorfactory #cheapestdoor #hdbgate #mildsteelgate #wroughtirongate #firerateddoor #digitallock #samsungdigitallock #epicdigitallock #keywedigitallock #gatemandigitallock #cheapestdigitallock #digitaldoorlock #toiletdoor #koreadigitallock #homeautomation #latestdigitallock #MYDIGITALLOCK #hariraya #locksmith #digitallockspoil #24hoursdigitallock #circuitbreaker #cbdigitallock

liangan123 17-05-2020 03:35 PM

Epic card gate Digital Lock

1 Attachment(s)
My Digital Lock selling Epic card gate digital lock at lowest price in Singapore for HDB Main Door
The Epic card gate digital lock can unlock using card, pin and key , do give us a call
You can call me , Mike 87839309 to purchase epic card gate digital lock at 399 $ only and free installation.
Visit our website https://www.mydigitallock.com.sg/ or facebook page for the latest promotion
When you Purchase Epic card gate Digital Lock , you will receive!!!
After you purchase any of the 6th items, you will receive a digital door viewer for FREE
#HDBDoor #Firerateddoor #maindoor #condodoor #btodoor #doorfactory #cheapestdoor #hdbgate #mildsteelgate #wroughtirongate #firerateddoor #digitallock #samsungdigitallock #epicdigitallock #keywedigitallock #gatemandigitallock #cheapestdigitallock #digitaldoorlock #toiletdoor #koreadigitallock #homeautomation #latestdigitallock #MYDIGITALLOCK #hariraya #locksmith #digitallockspoil #24hoursdigitallock #circuitbreaker #cbdigitallock

Unregistered 17-05-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liangan123 (Post 134448)
My Digital Lock selling Epic card gate digital lock at lowest price in Singapore for HDB Main Door
The Epic card gate digital lock can unlock using card, pin and key , do give us a call
You can call me , Mike 87839309 to purchase epic card gate digital lock at 399 $ only and free installation.
Visit our website [s://.mydigitallock.com.sg/[/ or facebook page for the latest promotion
When you Purchase Epic card gate Digital Lock , you will receive!!!

spam call mike 87839309 tell him to gtfo and stfu

Unregistered 17-05-2020 07:38 PM

Quote:

cannot be I know of 3 years working experience software developer who is only offered 3.6k in 2019. how can fresh grad in 2019 get higher than 3 years working in ST that is only earning 3.6k..

I think ST is cheating their existing employee BIG TIME.

Unregistered 17-05-2020 07:43 PM

i was offered 4.8k new scheme in 2019. guess i get higher pay than 4.5k dsta hahaha

Unregistered 17-05-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134488)
i was offered 4.8k new scheme in 2019. guess i get higher pay than 4.5k dsta hahaha

4.8k as fresh graduate?

Unregistered 17-05-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134312)
Sure..

And this year covid-19 fresh grad expecting 5k starting pay too i guess. LOL

Good that covid-19 hit and all this fresh grad can wake up their ****ing idea.

im a fresh grad there and really getting 5 LOL

Unregistered 17-05-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134491)
4.8k as fresh graduate?

Technically I graduate in Dec 2018 but I join in Jun 2019. So I suppose I'm a fresh grad with 6 months experience?

Unregistered 17-05-2020 08:07 PM

I asked for 3.6k in 2018 and was given 3.6k but 1 year later it was changed to 4.4k due to change in salary.

I thought I was doing OK cause I was asking for the market rate and 1 year I'm already at 4.4k but hearing that fresh grad is already at 4.9k just make me a little sad.

What can I do differently. Should I join another company. Will that make my resume look bad csisr I only work on ST for 1 year?

Unregistered 17-05-2020 09:04 PM

I'm an experienced mechanical engineer from a small SME. My last drawn salary was 4.9k but that's 6 years of experience. I join ST because I wanted to get into a more stable corporate company. SME can collapse anytime and was feeling stuck 6 years.

HR offered me 4.5k because according to them 4.9k going to exceed the pay range. I was given E6 job title. Also my SME only have year end aws no performance bonus. ST reasoned that there is up to 3 months PB so they can't match exactly 4.9k that I'm asking.

I accepted the offer at 4.5k. Got 1 aws and 2 months bonus. So per annum ST did give me a better offer compared to my old SME. After the new scheme my pay was increased to 5k.

Im shocked that fresh grad is getting 5k..
Can I rejoin ST as a fresh grad with 7 work experience? And ask for 5.2k?

Unregistered 17-05-2020 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134507)
I'm an experienced mechanical engineer from a small SME. My last drawn salary was 4.9k but that's 6 years of experience. I join ST because I wanted to get into a more stable corporate company. SME can collapse anytime and was feeling stuck 6 years.

HR offered me 4.5k because according to them 4.9k going to exceed the pay range. I was given E6 job title. Also my SME only have year end aws no performance bonus. ST reasoned that there is up to 3 months PB so they can't match exactly 4.9k that I'm asking.

I accepted the offer at 4.5k. Got 1 aws and 2 months bonus. So per annum ST did give me a better offer compared to my old SME. After the new scheme my pay was increased to 5k.

I think it is 5k for DSTA fresh grad. One of the post mentioned that he gotten 5.4k with 5 years experience and people started comparing between DSTA and ST.

Unregistered 18-05-2020 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134507)

4.5k - 4.9k is for DSTA, not ST. ST fresh grad comp science degree software engineers get offered 3.6k - 4k with no experience. other roles get 3.6k+ for fresh grad with no exp.

Your field is mechinical engineering. most people's mentioned salary for their E6 role is for the IT related work in ST electronics. Your salary of 4.5k - 4.9k offer is fine & average for your field with 6 years experience

Unregistered 18-05-2020 10:13 AM

I just joined ST in Jan 2020 as M3 managerial role. 15k per month. not bad.

Unregistered 18-05-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134537)
I just joined ST in Jan 2020 as M3 managerial role. 15k per month. not bad.

I slightly lower than you, joined as E6 14.9K per month.

Unregistered 18-05-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134542)
I slightly lower than you, joined as E6 14.9K per month.

I slightly slightly lower than you bro, 14.8K/month as E5. LOL.

Unregistered 18-05-2020 02:42 PM

Deputy Director (approx 10 years exp) then can see 12k+

14k need to wait long long.

Unregistered 18-05-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134547)
I slightly slightly lower than you bro, 14.8K/month as E5. LOL.

I am slightly better than the M3, E4 with 15.1k/mth.

Unregistered 18-05-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134549)
Deputy Director (approx 10 years exp) then can see 12k+

14k need to wait long long.

What job grade is that? M5?

mugenboy 20-05-2020 03:15 PM

How possible could an outsource staff able to get perm status in ST Electronics? Is it better to look elsewhere now?

Unregistered 20-05-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugenboy (Post 134696)
How possible could an outsource staff able to get perm status in ST Electronics? Is it better to look elsewhere now?

Quite hard for outsource staff to get perm role. I have seen people working 10+ years as outsource without converting to perm role. If you currently don't have a job right now, i would say take this job now, then start finding for another job. if you want stability, ST is a good place. salary wise lose outside market rate. only good thing about ST is stability.

Unregistered 06-06-2020 10:57 AM

Will we get a raise this year ? Guys

Unregistered 06-06-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136959)

Use your brain la. Other company senior management already pay freeze pay cut during the initial covid-19 outbreak.

ST only wait until they all get their bonus payout then only declare pay cut.
even then it's supposed to be secret.

You think you will get pay raise when those greedy atas get their pay cut?

Unregistered 06-06-2020 01:41 PM

US subsidiary of ST Engineering Aerospace suffers massive data breach

Unregistered 06-06-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Yah loh. You see so many those management level all drive nice car. Carpark full.
Only those lowly engineers take bus mrt shuttle bus.

Can use brain la. I heard M3 is 15k le. Think about it.

Unregistered 06-06-2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Your boss will probably tell you... You still got a job should be happy liao. Still dare ask for pay raise.

Unregistered 06-06-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugenboy (Post 134696)

in many companies, if your company and the provider does not have a contract that prohibits transfer, if you perform beyond the standard of what they can get as perm staff, you can have chance

Unregistered 07-06-2020 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137057)
in many companies, if your company and the provider does not have a contract that prohibits transfer, if you perform beyond the standard of what they can get as perm staff, you can have chance

You dunno the inner working of ST.

TO make ST stocks looks profitable. They don't hire lots of perm staff. That is the way they keep cost low. That's why the stock look attractive.

If can't sustain then don't renew outsource staff..
Unless u are one of those few that the management like.

Don't even bother with this company. My colleagues and I have left this a year ago. We have been outsource renewed 4 times that's 8 years of stupidity

Unregistered 07-06-2020 10:25 AM

Anyone knows this “assistant principle engineer” under which grade? M1? And what salary range is it ? Thanks ..

Unregistered 07-06-2020 11:22 AM

E4-assistant engineer (for diploma holder entry)
E5-engineer (for degree holder entry)
E6-senior engineer
M1-assistant principal engineer
M2-assistant principal engineer
M3-principal engineer
M4-senior principal engineer
M5-deputy chief engineer
M6-chief engineer

Technical role for above.

E6-senior engineer
M1-assistant manager
M2-assistant manager
M3-manager
M4-senior manager
M5-director/deputy general manager/general manager
M6-general manager

Managerial role above.

Unregistered 07-06-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137135)
E6-senior engineer
M3-principal engineer
M5-deputy chief engineer
M6-chief engineer

E6-senior engineer
M1-assistant manager
M2-assistant manager
M3-manager
M4-senior manager
M6-general manager

Managerial role above.

Good bro.. very detailed.. possible to know the salary range ?

Unregistered 07-06-2020 12:18 PM

This year got increment?

Unregistered 07-06-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137140)
This year got increment?

yes 0.1% is also increment

Unregistered 07-06-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137135)
E6-senior engineer
M3-principal engineer
M5-deputy chief engineer
M6-chief engineer

E6-senior engineer
M1-assistant manager
M2-assistant manager
M3-manager
M4-senior manager
M6-general manager

Managerial role above.

Sorry. Your wrong misconception.

Engineers are only E4 to E6
M1 and M6 THEY ALL CONSIDERED THEMSELVES MANAGERS.

my department all the M1 all their job title put MANAGER THIS. MANAGER THAT. DEPUTY MANAGER THIS. OPERATIONS MANAGER THAT.

All say M1 they are not technical. so all act dumb. just manage paper work. prepare weekly report. powerpoint only. easy simple job.

THose hard job is outsourced to actual / technicallly trained / real-qualified ENGINEERS.

Unregistered 07-06-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137130)
Anyone knows this “assistant principle engineer” under which grade? M1? And what salary range is it ? Thanks ..

Ok wait. So they hire you from outside to be M1 and you don't know your own pay range?
while the internal staff who been working here toiling for years no promotion, climb super slow...
no wonder the ST engineers don't respect their managers.

Unregistered 07-06-2020 02:45 PM

I share with you la:

MRT project.
M4 - name tied to the project. meeting with big bosses give progress. finance stuff.
M3 - do what the M4 want. No name tied to the project.
M2 - principal engineer - just attend meeting to be the right hand of M3 to execute what the M3 get the order from M4.
M1 - is the left hand for the M3 but M2 dont want to do.

E6 - is the actual one who go to the lab to test the design works. validate the design. come up with the design. get the quotation with supplier. provide weekly update. provide technical spec.
E5 - fresh grad come in build resume claim they do all the work for this MRT project. But boss all don't assign them work cause they 'too fresh'. end up they stuck as E5 for 4 to 5 years.

Thats the work style in ST.

Unregistered 07-06-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137164)
Ok wait. So they hire you from outside to be M1 and you don't know your own pay range?
while the internal staff who been working here toiling for years no promotion, climb super slow...
no wonder the ST engineers don't respect their managers.

M1 cap $6500, is it ?

Unregistered 07-06-2020 04:36 PM

Wah HR offer you 6.5k for M1 is it?
So high. E6 only 4.2k to 4.8k le