Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 10-01-2021 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152951)
in ST a promotion likely give you only addition 4 - 6 % only, and you need to to do double workload......not a good deal man....

No leh, i see those promoted do less work cause can arrow those below them to do for them.

double pay half the work.

Unregistered 10-01-2021 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153004)
No leh, i see those promoted do less work cause can arrow those below them to do for them.

double pay half the work.

You saying about yourself is it

Unregistered 10-01-2021 10:02 AM

This year got bonus???

Unregistered 10-01-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153034)
This year got bonus???

Yes 6 months bonus for those president and gm earning 500k+ per year while the engineers get 0 bonus

Unregistered 11-01-2021 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153043)
Yes 6 months bonus for those president and gm earning 500k+ per year while the engineers get 0 bonus

engiers still got flex benefits la.

Unregistered 11-01-2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152923)
Haha I read this forum wanna laugh.
You all think only engineers don't get promotion.

Alot of manager or senior manager all stuck in same position for many years.
Also only a few get promoted to senior vice president.

This issue with shortage of promotion is universal.
From kitchen staff to fast food people to delivery man to post to teacher to layer to engineer to scientist to police to civil servant.

Promotion is ALL luck, fate and destiny.
Pray more can liao

In the mean time it's tgif ffs, just enjoy the end of work week.

At least those managers have got the chance to be promoted to their managerial posts, less those who came in as managers. What has been discussed here are basically the observation of vague and skewed promotion criteria and decision practiced by some bosses to the point engineering and technical skillsets are basically made redundant in their divisions.

Unregistered 11-01-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153100)
At least those managers have got the chance to be promoted to their managerial posts, less those who came in as managers. What has been discussed here are basically the observation of vague and skewed promotion criteria and decision practiced by some bosses to the point engineering and technical skillsets are basically made redundant in their divisions.

You don't know some division just care about bringing in project.
Don't care who implement it.
End up alot of things is outsourced to third party.

Bring in xxx+extra
Outsource to 3rd party xxx.

Earn the extra.
All the responsibility goes to 3rd party

Unregistered 11-01-2021 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153100)
At least those managers have got the chance to be promoted to their managerial posts, less those who came in as managers. What has been discussed here are basically the observation of vague and skewed promotion criteria and decision practiced by some bosses to the point engineering and technical skillsets are basically made redundant in their divisions.

Seen a relative of a senior management. 2-3 years promote 1 time till M6. Keep changing department every 1-2 years. How much can you contribute if you keep changing department. worst of all, after changing department he/she won't know that department culture work flow etc. Still can get promoted every 2-3 years. just got to know the details of the project, change department and get promotion. says alot about of ST management and culture.

Unregistered 11-01-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153104)
Seen a relative of a senior management. 2-3 years promote 1 time till M6. Keep changing department every 1-2 years. How much can you contribute if you keep changing department. worst of all, after changing department he/she won't know that department culture work flow etc. Still can get promoted every 2-3 years. just got to know the details of the project, change department and get promotion. says alot about of ST management and culture.

Senior management don't know got how many condo.
Landed property behind ST...

Unregistered 11-01-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153104)
Seen a relative of a senior management. 2-3 years promote 1 time till M6. Keep changing department every 1-2 years. How much can you contribute if you keep changing department. worst of all, after changing department he/she won't know that department culture work flow etc. Still can get promoted every 2-3 years. just got to know the details of the project, change department and get promotion. says alot about of ST management and culture.

I once heard some divisions will rank all their engineers together regardless of their team, projects or specialisations. The top will then choose maybe 5 out of the 50-60 engineers to promote. I don't even know how they can some to decide when the top management don't even work with the engineers.

They claim they know what's going on which I think is really laughable especially when their decisions are made.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2