Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 08-01-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152913)
But that's the job of project manager all along what.
And the industry paid managers more.

It's only recent years tech developers are highly paid and sought after due to presence of international tech company.

To the point he forgot that he set deadline for all his projects on the same day. Tell him about it he replied "oh is it? I don't know because I don't keep track".

I will be glad if I can get a quarter of his pay added to my mine.

Unregistered 08-01-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152918)
To the point he forgot that he set deadline for all his projects on the same day. Tell him about it he replied "oh is it? I don't know because I don't keep track".

I will be glad if I can get a quarter of his pay added to my mine.

You novice kena bluffed liao. My boss always use this tactics.
Schedule few meeting same day. So he can go to the "less stressful" one.

And its always urgent meeting... Then if really can't lie his way out
He will use the "I can attend 15 minutes etc. Need to leave. I rescheduled my other meeting 15 minutes late for you"

Then turns out is he go dsta lunch meeting with his buddies for bonding bonding only.
Nothing urgent
But will tell us like got tender meeting la. Prospect la. Very important need to go.

Yeah chase non existent project prospect but the current one can't deliver and meet deadline cause no manpower, don't want to manage.

Unregistered 08-01-2021 12:53 PM

Yeah I have to keep cancelling on client cause boss always schedule meeting then last minute cancel postponed ask me go represent him...

Then how about this. We cut your pay. So that pay can be used to hire another manager? Since you can't attend so many meeting. We pay you so much for what.

Unregistered 08-01-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152919)
You novice kena bluffed liao. My boss always use this tactics.
Schedule few meeting same day. So he can go to the "less stressful" one.

And its always urgent meeting... Then if really can't lie his way out
He will use the "I can attend 15 minutes etc. Need to leave. I rescheduled my other meeting 15 minutes late for you"

Then turns out is he go dsta lunch meeting with his buddies for bonding bonding only.
Nothing urgent
But will tell us like got tender meeting la. Prospect la. Very important need to go.

Yeah chase non existent project prospect but the current one can't deliver and meet deadline cause no manpower, don't want to manage.

This one not meeting, but development teams have to submit deliverables. Since he is not the one doing and will push to the respective leads to answer, he don't need to care at all. So after that I also pattern more than badminton with him before I left.

Unregistered 08-01-2021 01:21 PM

Haha I read this forum wanna laugh.
You all think only engineers don't get promotion.

Alot of manager or senior manager all stuck in same position for many years.
Also only a few get promoted to senior vice president.

This issue with shortage of promotion is universal.
From kitchen staff to fast food people to delivery man to post to teacher to layer to engineer to scientist to police to civil servant.

Promotion is ALL luck, fate and destiny.
Pray more can liao

In the mean time it's tgif ffs, just enjoy the end of work week.

Unregistered 08-01-2021 01:28 PM

Promotion means can afford better things. Car. House. Families

No promotion means forever stuck as fresh grad entry level pay

Unregistered 08-01-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152924)
Promotion means can afford better things. Car. House. Families

No promotion means forever stuck as fresh grad entry level pay

in ST a promotion likely give you only addition 4 - 6 % only, and you need to to do double workload......not a good deal man....

Unregistered 09-01-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152951)
in ST a promotion likely give you only addition 4 - 6 % only, and you need to to do double workload......not a good deal man....

No la. I've seen scholar just chillx and network. 2 years promote 1 time. 6 years m2. Okay what....

Unregistered 09-01-2021 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152974)
No la. I've seen scholar just chillx and network. 2 years promote 1 time. 6 years m2. Okay what....

ya lor ok what, u are either on the long end or short end of the stick.

Unregistered 09-01-2021 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152767)
We don't even work. Let low level ppl like you work after your breakfast and lunch.

after lunch, I go and watch movie at cinema. LOL


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2