Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 08-01-2021 09:01 AM

Talking about annual leave lol.

Outsource
Annual leave - 14 days.
Sick leave - 14 days.

Perm M1
Annual leave - 18 days
Sick leave - 21 days.

Sure the one toiling away is the outsource staff.
Yet the perm staff managerial get all the benefit.

I don't know how many times my M1 RO go on sudden sick leave whenever there is a meeting with customer and I need to go instead of him.

This company is no good.

Unregistered 08-01-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152890)
Talking about annual leave lol.

Outsource
Annual leave - 14 days.
Sick leave - 14 days.

Perm M1
Annual leave - 18 days
Sick leave - 21 days.

Sure the one toiling away is the outsource staff.
Yet the perm staff managerial get all the benefit.

I don't know how many times my M1 RO go on sudden sick leave whenever there is a meeting with customer and I need to go instead of him.

This company is no good.

morale of the story: if you need to go then quickly find a way out. the longer you prolong, the worst it gets

Unregistered 08-01-2021 09:07 AM

This reorg benefited my team lead. He got promoted to M1.

Yet his responsibility have lessened cause I took over his project.

What a joke.
Promoted here means take higher pay, get more benefit and do less work..

Shouldn't the one who did the most get promoted? Those not pulling their weight should be let go? Retrained? Or pay cut?

No wonder so many deadweight in this company

You are the manager right? How about you manage the customer and reply the email instead is asking me to reply them with the technical fact.

You manager don't have to do tech job.
Also don't want to manage customer.
Then do what. Suck up to higher management. That's what most M1 and M2 do.

And that's how they get promoted aka pet.

So blame all yourself outsource E5 for not knowing how to play the game

Unregistered 08-01-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152889)
Why didn't you become a pet yourself?

That's a good question. My then big boss only promoted those who previously worked under him in project teams. Then the PM who used to work under the big boss only recommend people under him and the big boss approved.

For my team, my supervisor tried to get a number of us promoted and tried to explain that some things are beyond our control, like need to invest in new software and hardware to improve on work process. Management insist no big bang changes means no good performance.

So far the team I was in only managed to get one converted and promoted because of his experience in a niche industry before.

Unregistered 08-01-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152891)
morale of the story: if you need to go then quickly find a way out. the longer you prolong, the worst it gets

Alot of people already left.
Can't play the long game. Will lose. Cause those benefiting from this system ain't budging.
People see this cycle repeats itself so many times until jaded.

Unregistered 08-01-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152893)
That's a good question. My then big boss only promoted those who previously worked under him in project teams. Then the PM who used to work under the big boss only recommend people under him and the big boss approved.

For my team, my supervisor tried to get a number of us promoted and tried to explain that some things are beyond our control, like need to invest in new software and hardware to improve on work process. Management insist no big bang changes means no good performance.

So far the team I was in only managed to get one converted and promoted because of his experience in a niche industry before.

My director is profit driven
He only care about his kpi. So those project managers that manage those project that helps maintain his KPI profit margin...
PO
He promote.
Those working on maintenance losing money no prospect no promotion. Just leaking and slowly get smaller..

Again this culture stinks from the top.
Top want to get ahead. Their way to do so is to climb over each other
Top only care about kpi. Cause the investor and board of chairman demands it.

This company is basically just investors, senior management who reap the reward of all the engineers.
What's more shocking is... Get this... Directors are not engineers themselves. Business school. Accounting..

I'm like huh. Engineering company is not run by engineers one ah

Unregistered 08-01-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152892)
So blame all yourself outsource E5 for not knowing how to play the game

I think this line is unfair. When you are faced with a management with no technical knowledge whatever you do is wrong. That's already first impression gone.

Want to play the game, yes, with new management with new mindset. Most of the management are there for at least a good 15-20 years. Their perceptions are already moulded. Without knowledge and a flexible mindset, only those who fits the mould get the promotion.

My previous bosses like to say things like "you are already the lead" or "you are the senior here" but never once promoted anyone.

As I have stressed, not all divisions are equal. If a division of over 40-50 people only the same 2 to 3 people kept getting promotion, I think really there is something wrong.

Unregistered 08-01-2021 09:20 AM

We technician, non degree holder even worst la.

Take whatever we can. It's just a job to make ends meet.

Unregistered 08-01-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152897)
I think this line is unfair. When you are faced with a management with no technical knowledge whatever you do is wrong. That's already first impression gone.

Want to play the game, yes, with new management with new mindset. Most of the management are there for at least a good 15-20 years. Their perceptions are already moulded. Without knowledge and a flexible mindset, only those who fits the mould get the promotion.

My previous bosses like to say things like "you are already the lead" or "you are the senior here" but never once promoted anyone.

As I have stressed, not all divisions are equal. If a division of over 40-50 people only the same 2 to 3 people kept getting promotion, I think really there is something wrong.

Pet get promoted cause bosses have worked with them for so long.
Why would boss promote someone new. Untested and have never worked with him.

Promoting a new guy instead of old will upset the old loyal staff.
Promoting only old guy instead of new will upset new staff..

Most other company... Promotion is really really really based on years.
You worked here 3 years. Auto become senior role already.
Not. Decided by directors one....
This company don't know HR.

EVERY ORHER COMPANY YOU WORKED A CERTAIN NUMBER OD YEARS YOU ARE PMEOTOED.

YOU ARE NOT STILL A FRESH GRAD AFTER WORKING FOR 4 to 5 years.

Those on top promoted to be the lead or the principal engineer. Well ofc it have to be based on skills. Not number of years. Why promoted someone who never designed a railway system to be a principal engineer just because he stayed in this company for 10 years?

If someone new can come in and design and make the system work fault tolerance...
That new guy deserve to be promoted. Cause that guy is doing the principal engineer work.

The promotion scheme in this company is brainless. Based on dictatorship and. It merit.
For a country that stresses on meritocracy, this company favor favoritism and loyalty.

Unregistered 08-01-2021 09:33 AM

Join dsta better la.
Wny be the 3rd party. Join dsta then you can manage ST people