ST Electronics - Page 109 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




ST Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1081 (permalink)  
Old 16-12-2020, 08:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LOL you dream on dude
My division almost every M2 and above drive car.
Even some M1 starting to drive also.
Only the lowly engineers take bus, company bus, mrt to work.

Funny thing is those poor people like me all come quite punctual. At most 10 min late.
Those drive one... Can come in 1 hour late. Or at 9 or at 930.

And we are supposed to not complain about the top doing nothing.and getting high pay.
This company only reward long timers.
Not actual work.

You see most of the newly appointed head all brag they have been with company for 20 years to 30 years la.
As if its a prerequisite to be the Head.

Reply With Quote
  #1082 (permalink)  
Old 16-12-2020, 08:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Those canteen ladies. Cleaning auntie. Security guard.
All come work at 7 am lol.

The lower you are in the hierarchy the earlier you have to be here.
So yeah E5 to E6 don't complain Pls.

Some E4 non degree holder. Store room. No office. Even worse. Have to tap in and out.
Like factory worker. Those are even more punctual.

The higher you are. The less accountable. The lazier. The more entitled

Reply With Quote
  #1083 (permalink)  
Old 16-12-2020, 05:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My division almost every M2 and above drive car.
Even some M1 starting to drive also.
Only the lowly engineers take bus, company bus, mrt to work.

Funny thing is those poor people like me all come quite punctual. At most 10 min late.
Those drive one... Can come in 1 hour late. Or at 9 or at 930.

And we are supposed to not complain about the top doing nothing.and getting high pay.
This company only reward long timers.
Not actual work.

You see most of the newly appointed head all brag they have been with company for 20 years to 30 years la.
As if its a prerequisite to be the Head.
Some divisions even E6 who are there for some time own a car.

And if your job doesn't allow you to wayang or complain in front of the big bosses, can forget about career progression.

Reply With Quote
  #1084 (permalink)  
Old 17-12-2020, 07:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some divisions even E6 who are there for some time own a car.

And if your job doesn't allow you to wayang or complain in front of the big bosses, can forget about career progression.
Fresh grad also can afford car la.
Monthly cost of owning a car is like < 1k.
Fresh grad all asking so high pay. Can easily waste 1k on car monthly
Reply With Quote
  #1085 (permalink)  
Old 17-12-2020, 11:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fresh grad also can afford car la.
Monthly cost of owning a car is like < 1k.
Fresh grad all asking so high pay. Can easily waste 1k on car monthly
I was there as lowly E5 for almost 5 years. New E5s come in their package already worth more than my experience by about 30% in extreme cases.

Then the most ridiculous thing is, I was expected to perform duties of a E6 or M1 without promotion.
Reply With Quote
  #1086 (permalink)  
Old 17-12-2020, 12:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was there as lowly E5 for almost 5 years. New E5s come in their package already worth more than my experience by about 30% in extreme cases.

Then the most ridiculous thing is, I was expected to perform duties of a E6 or M1 without promotion.
Ya lo. And then all those M1 claim to be doing the work of the M2 and M3.

So not sure what is the purpose of those senior positions.
This company really relies on the cheap E5 labor to run
Reply With Quote

  #1087 (permalink)  
Old 17-12-2020, 12:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Eg E5 project engineer. But is put as project manager.
Then customer keep shooting me.

Shoot my boss M3 senior manager la. They don't approve this don't approve that. But hide behind their office.
Don't face the customer. Got deadline but no resources.
Say covid la. This and that. Just appear once a while in meeting to exert dominance and give so many comments.

Talk is cheap! Where is the action.

Well they are the senior manager. High paid 10 to 15k drive nice car. Come late. Have personal office.
But don't handle customer.

Keep saying. "let us run the show"
How about give us your salary also then.

Haiyo!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1088 (permalink)  
Old 17-12-2020, 02:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eg E5 project engineer. But is put as project manager.
Then customer keep shooting me.

Shoot my boss M3 senior manager la. They don't approve this don't approve that. But hide behind their office.
Don't face the customer. Got deadline but no resources.
Say covid la. This and that. Just appear once a while in meeting to exert dominance and give so many comments.

Talk is cheap! Where is the action.

Well they are the senior manager. High paid 10 to 15k drive nice car. Come late. Have personal office.
But don't handle customer.

Keep saying. "let us run the show"
How about give us your salary also then.

Haiyo!!!!!
Yes, they make it sound like the engineers below are the ones making the decisions. To them, they get the contract and nothing else matters to them. Any problems after that are the engineers' to solve. Yet, they are unwilling to give a little more benefits like higher increment or even off days. It's not even asking for promotion.

"Let you all run the show"... sounds so familiar.
Reply With Quote
  #1089 (permalink)  
Old 17-12-2020, 02:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, they make it sound like the engineers below are the ones making the decisions. To them, they get the contract and nothing else matters to them. Any problems after that are the engineers' to solve. Yet, they are unwilling to give a little more benefits like higher increment or even off days. It's not even asking for promotion.

"Let you all run the show"... sounds so familiar.
Yes. My division even worse. The principal engineer "let us run the show" cause he say we day in day out touch the system, we should be familiar than him.

True.

Then we should take this salary. And he take our salary.
Swap job responsibilities, also swap salary right?
Reply With Quote
  #1090 (permalink)  
Old 17-12-2020, 03:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes. My division even worse. The principal engineer "let us run the show" cause he say we day in day out touch the system, we should be familiar than him.

True.

Then we should take this salary. And he take our salary.
Swap job responsibilities, also swap salary right?
Your encounter sounds very familiar too... or the term "you are the expert".
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After Getting Diploma from Aerospace Electronics ? Dionne Monic Education and Personal Growth 6 10-02-2018 12:46 PM
Circuits and Electronics Engineering Tutor yice Income and Jobs 2 29-10-2012 04:02 PM
Electronics Design Course Promotion sthua Education and Personal Growth 1 16-08-2012 05:50 AM
Production Engineer (Electronics) curryrice Income and Jobs 1 25-03-2011 10:24 AM
How much does an electronics engineer get paid ? omara007 Income and Jobs 8 15-10-2009 08:03 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
New Job Offer that only match... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 4,901 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,957 Replies, 1,817,118 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,748 Replies, 7,503,642 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
518 Replies, 348,847 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,402 Replies, 4,849,968 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,126 Replies, 1,332,910 Views
Can share your your car... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 15,144 Views
Facility Engineer ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 7,770 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 39,269 Views
Career options for a fresh...
6 Replies, 831 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
524 Replies, 298,498 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 11,383 Views
Shell Graduate program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
160 Replies, 146,321 Views
FD Technologies
0 Replies, 36 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,075 Replies, 2,584,910 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,211 Replies, 2,601,854 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,071 Replies, 569,543 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,461 Replies, 1,404,809 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,884 Replies, 630,956 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,944 Replies, 1,466,920 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 10,043 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
483 Replies, 290,275 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,791 Replies, 4,423,841 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,122 Replies, 275,378 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 73,545 Views
Fresh grad programmer earning... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 15,144 Views
Working at Changi Business Park ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 7,413 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
825 Replies, 224,281 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2