Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 15-12-2020 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151190)
a while back had an interview for some infosec role. The interviewer(obviously came from china), starts to berate me for not having a Cissp at that time. Then came his boss who was a real skinny lad, almost look like drug addict. He begins to ask if i can stay long because the previous staff stayed for 6 months( i wonder why). Proceeds to ask other basic question and says he used to earn 5 digits at a US MNC. At this point i already guessed these two are barely capable to lead anything so i kept quiet. Best part is, they didn book a meeting room, it was done in the canteen.

Like every other "managerial" role. Honestly no idea what does a manager do other than hold meeting.
Give progress update. Approve leave.

Like this CB can already tell. We don't need a world full of managers.
Ppl don't stay long obviously, this generation want high pay and don't want to do the work.

Entitlement.

Canteen okay what. Casual. You want nice formal office meeting room ah. Wait till you see your small cubicle.

Unregistered 15-12-2020 07:59 AM

What's the salary range for a M3?

Unregistered 15-12-2020 09:31 AM

Expect little... its a dumping ground here

Unregistered 15-12-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151206)
What's the salary range for a M3?

10k to 15k....

Unregistered 15-12-2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151213)
10k to 15k....

Wow. So much. How long to get promoted from E5 to M3?

Unregistered 15-12-2020 07:40 PM

hahaha, most of them are only looking forward to weekends while you looking to m3

thinkinghard 15-12-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151190)
a while back had an interview for some infosec role. The interviewer(obviously came from china), starts to berate me for not having a Cissp at that time. Then came his boss who was a real skinny lad, almost look like drug addict. He begins to ask if i can stay long because the previous staff stayed for 6 months( i wonder why). Proceeds to ask other basic question and says he used to earn 5 digits at a US MNC. At this point i already guessed these two are barely capable to lead anything so i kept quiet. Best part is, they didn book a meeting room, it was done in the canteen.

i guess this is first interview with them, most of the time is those useless guy, there are good one in infosec, i know who is that china man as i am ex-info comm, u r right, he is not good.

for everyone information there will be internal merger into inforsec, since now everywhere is about security and security now is the core of every design and infra, so some management head is gonna roll...

Unregistered 16-12-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151213)
10k to 15k....

LOL you dream on dude

Unregistered 16-12-2020 08:26 AM

buay ta han... some stupid people here like to spread fake news

Unregistered 16-12-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151344)
LOL you dream on dude

Eh excuse me. My previous boss who resigned last year told me he taking a pay cut to pursue his dream job. He can't stand the politics.

He is the one who gave me that range 10k to 15k without being specific.
He was M3