Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 03-12-2020 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150399)
Under your HR profile page, there is one line that got some characters before your paygrade. For example, something 1A/E5. Does that 1A mean that I'm at the subgrade just before the next grade?

Outsource don't have this kind of subgrade.
How? We treated differently from perm staff?

Unregistered 04-12-2020 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150437)

now then u know 🤷*♂️

Unregistered 04-12-2020 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150437)

I always thought the A# refers to the workplace that we are attached to... cuz prior to that its SGP/A#/...../ and finally E# at the end... outsource ppl might not have a fixed area

Unregistered 04-12-2020 08:41 AM

Outsource staff are like servants.
Perm staff are the house guests.
The real master are the top management.
And so many top manager outlasting each other all want to be the ultimate master and hold the key.

Sad really. The hierarchy in this company

Unregistered 06-12-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150461)
I always thought the A# refers to the workplace that we are attached to... cuz prior to that its SGP/A#/...../ and finally E# at the end... outsource ppl might not have a fixed area

That row is called "pay scale level" so unless they pay people from different workplace differently, the numbers before the E# probably means something. Idk tho

Unregistered 06-12-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150473)
Outsource staff are like servants.
Perm staff are the house guests.
The real master are the top management.
And so many top manager outlasting each other all want to be the ultimate master and hold the key.

Sad really. The hierarchy in this company

Why are you still in this company then? lol!

Unregistered 08-12-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150616)
Why are you still in this company then? lol!

$$$$$

When times are bad, it is hard to be choosy.

Unregistered 10-12-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runningboy (Post 150351)
Where do you work now? After all, it is very difficult to work now, since covid took many jobs from us. I am grateful for my knowledge of electronics and technical details, as it allowed me to keep working at least remotely. I have studied [URL="s://.4pcb.com/laminate-material-vendors.html"]circuit board material[/ in detail for many years, and I would have been happy to work with ST Electronics myself, but I think that they wanted to deceive you at that time. I would prefer to work there, although I'm quite good at working for myself right now. I have my own small business.

Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!

Unregistered 11-12-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150925)
Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!

Why? You regret joining this company already?

Unregistered 14-12-2020 11:53 PM

extremely bad experience

a while back had an interview for some infosec role. The interviewer(obviously came from china), starts to berate me for not having a Cissp at that time. Then came his boss who was a real skinny lad, almost look like drug addict. He begins to ask if i can stay long because the previous staff stayed for 6 months( i wonder why). Proceeds to ask other basic question and says he used to earn 5 digits at a US MNC. At this point i already guessed these two are barely capable to lead anything so i kept quiet. Best part is, they didn book a meeting room, it was done in the canteen.