Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 30-11-2020 11:09 AM

Poly diploma expected salary?

I am a poly diploma graduate with about 2-3 years of experience. Recently got offered a job with ST Engineering to do system integration work as a technician/engineer. What is the salary range that I should be looking at?

Thanks for any inputs

zero_88 30-11-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150222)
I am a poly diploma graduate with about 2-3 years of experience. Recently got offered a job with ST Engineering to do system integration work as a technician/engineer. What is the salary range that I should be looking at?

Thanks for any inputs

ard 3k man

Unregistered 30-11-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Thanks for any inputs

You are quite lucky. Some divisions only offer Associate Engineer or Senior Associate Engineer to Diploma holders which further reduce the starting salary.

Unregistered 30-11-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Thanks for any inputs

More like 2.7k-3k

Unregistered 01-12-2020 12:17 AM

Quote:

Thanks for any inputs

If you are offered E5 as a poly diploma graduate, you probably can strong-arm for a wage floor of 3k. Jiayou in negotiation.

Unregistered 01-12-2020 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150272)
If you are offered E5 as a poly diploma graduate, you probably can strong-arm for a wage floor of 3k. Jiayou in negotiation.

E5 is 3.5k and above, E4 with 2-3 years exp is like 2.7k - 3k

Unregistered 01-12-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Thanks for any inputs

You didnt mention if you are been offered E5 Engineer position though. why everyone assume you are getting offered E5 Engineer?

More likely Associate Engineer, senior Associate Engineer is a bonus.

I have a colleague with diploma and worked a few years before joining and was also offered for Associate Engineer.

Unregistered 01-12-2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150330)
You didnt mention if you are been offered E5 Engineer position though. why everyone assume you are getting offered E5 Engineer?

More likely Associate Engineer, senior Associate Engineer is a bonus.

I have a colleague with diploma and worked a few years before joining and was also offered for Associate Engineer.

Am the original poster and you are right, was offered E4 (assoc engineer). Apparently E5 is only offered to someone w about 5 years +/- work experience.

Unregistered 01-12-2020 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150348)
Am the original poster and you are right, was offered E4 (assoc engineer). Apparently E5 is only offered to someone w about 5 years +/- work experience.

I thought E4 should be senior associate engineer?

E5 is offered to those who have degree. Not so sure if 5 years +/- work experience is gonna give you a E5. But for sure if you have a degree, you can get it

Unregistered 02-12-2020 10:35 PM

Under your HR profile page, there is one line that got some characters before your paygrade. For example, something 1A/E5. Does that 1A mean that I'm at the subgrade just before the next grade?