Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 16-01-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128097)
About there. Should be M1 or at most is M2 grade.
Gross should be higher with the Performance bonus and Profit Sharing Scheme
$6.5k should include the AWS inside already

STE has nice building, office also not bad. Stability is there but sucks if you want to cheong your career.

You must have worked at ST Electronics before, this is so accurate.

Unregistered 19-01-2020 10:20 PM

bonus

Joined ST electronics as a software engineer a few months ago.

Anyone know roughly how much will the bonus be in march?

For A, B or C graders?? and if i joined only 6 months, would my bonus be "prorated"??]

is there such thing a D grader?

Unregistered 21-01-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128198)
Joined ST electronics as a software engineer a few months ago.

Anyone know roughly how much will the bonus be in march?

For A, B or C graders?? and if i joined only 6 months, would my bonus be "prorated"??]

is there such thing a D grader?

A+
A
B+
B
C+
C
D
E

A+ = Dunno, never get before
A = 2.4 mths
B+ = 2 mths
B = 1.8mths (not sure exact)
C = 1.2mths
C = 0.8mths
D will go for Performance Review

Unregistered 22-01-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128245)
A+
A
B+
B
C+
C
D
E

A+ = Dunno, never get before
A = 2.4 mths
B+ = 2 mths
B = 1.8mths (not sure exact)
C = 1.2mths
C = 0.8mths
D will go for Performance Review

True? Anyone can verify? Will there be prorated bonus for people who just joined 6months and bonus payout in march or will bonus be paid out in full?

Unregistered 22-01-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128255)
True? Anyone can verify? Will there be prorated bonus for people who just joined 6months and bonus payout in march or will bonus be paid out in full?

Now dun have grading no A, B C already.
Heard from friend they change to Band1,2,3....something like that

Unregistered 22-01-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128258)
Now dun have grading no A, B C already.
Heard from friend they change to Band1,2,3....something like that

Is the number of months bonus same? If not, what's the accurate bonus for the different bands or grade?

Unregistered 22-01-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128255)

If its like in the past... likely prorated bonus for 2019 depending on the number of months you have worked as long as you are a "confirmed" staff.
Don't expect it to be good as 1st year staffs haven't gone through the grading appraisal...

Bonus wise depends on which company you belong to under ST...
I remembered getting more than 2.4 months on 2019 but my grade is relatively poor.

Now no more A,B,C
Current one is band system:
from my understanding there's 5 visible tier.... 1(top), 1, 2, 3, 3(btm 5%).

Unregistered 22-01-2020 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128279)
If its like in the past... likely prorated bonus for 2019 depending on the number of months you have worked as long as you are a "confirmed" staff.
Don't expect it to be good as 1st year staffs haven't gone through the grading appraisal...

Bonus wise depends on which company you belong to under ST...
I remembered getting more than 2.4 months on 2019 but my grade is relatively poor.

Now no more A,B,C
Current one is band system:
from my understanding there's 5 visible tier.... 1(top), 1, 2, 3, 3(btm 5%).

which sector are you from? electronics? are you doing IT related work?

Unregistered 23-01-2020 01:06 AM

Moonlighting

Hi,

I am about to get a job with ST. Just wanted to ask if moonlighting is allowed when working at ST. Is there any clause in the contract that prohibits moonlighting? One of my friends working in a private company has a clause in his contract that specifically prohibits that.

Thanks!

Unregistered 23-01-2020 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128286)
which sector are you from? electronics? are you doing IT related work?

Electronics. Yep IT related.

Unregistered 24-01-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128288)
Hi,

I am about to get a job with ST. Just wanted to ask if moonlighting is allowed when working at ST. Is there any clause in the contract that prohibits moonlighting? One of my friends working in a private company has a clause in his contract that specifically prohibits that.

Thanks!

Depends on what moonlighting I guess. If it's something like hitching people to work everyday or driving grab during weekends then it's ok I guess. If you're talking about freelance IT work then you shouldn't so in work hours. Maybe at home is fine.

Unregistered 25-01-2020 02:40 PM

Moonlight

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128320)
Depends on what moonlighting I guess. If it's something like hitching people to work everyday or driving grab during weekends then it's ok I guess. If you're talking about freelance IT work then you shouldn't so in work hours. Maybe at home is fine.

Thanks! Of course I don't mean doing personal work during office paid hours. But as long as ST engineering doesn't try to claim copyright or otherwise, I'm good. Thank you for your help!

Unregistered 01-02-2020 05:58 PM

Contract test associate engineer

Hi, i went for the interview .
Waiting for reply about a week.
Just curious i was told my work related to MRT project.

No 13th Month salary.

How about Overtime work? Will have many OT ??
How about weekend work? Or less OT?
Still i get engineering bonus every month??

My basic range from 2400 to 2600 only. The rest i depend on allowance and OT to support my family.

Thank you
Ben

Unregistered 01-02-2020 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128485)
Hi, i went for the interview .
Waiting for reply about a week.
Just curious i was told my work related to MRT project.

No 13th Month salary.

How about Overtime work? Will have many OT ??
How about weekend work? Or less OT?
Still i get engineering bonus every month??

My basic range from 2400 to 2600 only. The rest i depend on allowance and OT to support my family.

Thank you
Ben

I'd advise you to study part time degree to maximize future earnings.

Unregistered 05-02-2020 10:55 AM

Offer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128110)
You must have worked at ST Electronics before, this is so accurate.

Hi guys, I just got an offer from st eng, E6 level, I have 9 years experience, but the hr told at most they can offer 5.8K, lower than I expected. Could you give some advices? thank you in advance..

Unregistered 05-02-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128597)
Hi guys, I just got an offer from st eng, E6 level, I have 9 years experience, but the hr told at most they can offer 5.8K, lower than I expected. Could you give some advices? thank you in advance..

i think (5.8k/mth x 12mth) is already inclusive of aws portion. (New scheme 2019)

old scheme should be ~[(5.3k/mth x 12mth) + 1aws]

Unregistered 05-02-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128601)
i think (5.8k/mth x 12mth) is already inclusive of aws portion. (New scheme 2019)

old scheme should be ~[(5.3k/mth x 12mth) + 1aws]

Ya man. She say no 13th month aws, only have performance bonus. Is this the st standard ? Should I take the offer ?

Unregistered 06-02-2020 11:55 AM

The ceiling of E6 under the old scheme (with AWS) is around 5.5k. but I came from another ST group so I guessed is the same across all

Unregistered 06-02-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128637)
The ceiling of E6 under the old scheme (with AWS) is around 5.5k. but I came from another ST group so I guessed is the same across all

Ok thanks man. It’s really under the market rate ..

Unregistered 11-02-2020 08:25 PM

Hi does anyone know how is it like to work as a data analyst at st electronics? Cos I just applied though but I am not experienced

Unregistered 15-02-2020 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128781)
Hi does anyone know how is it like to work as a data analyst at st electronics? Cos I just applied though but I am not experienced

What is your backgroud?

Unregistered 16-02-2020 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128943)
What is your backgroud?

I was a math graduate and was an educator.

Unregistered 16-02-2020 06:21 PM

currently E5 Software Engineer grading, worked almost a year drawing 3.7 under new scheme with no aws.

Am very interested in doing Cyber security related jobs in the future and possibly try out other jobs like network, System admin in the future.

Have some questions to ask the more experienced people here.

1) If i leave my current role(software) after 1-2 years and work in cyber security for about 2 years and decide to come back to ST(for job stability), would i be offered a E6 role with my 1-2 year software exp + 2years cyber exp? heard some people got offered 5k for E6 grading with 3-4 years exp.

2) Considering to apply for ST info sec side, wondering how i should apply for interviews as i'm currently working in ST also, tell the interviewers that i'm interested in cyber side and want to change job scope/role? and would it be awkward to tell my boss/tender after i get offer?

3) also considering to go outside of ST, i know the salary is higher outside but ST gives good job stability and decent annual increment. Not sure what to do.

might leave my current software role in like 1year or less, any advice?

Unregistered 18-02-2020 05:30 PM

Anyone work at ST Eng(info&sys)? Normally how much is the yearly increment ? And how long it takes to promote to M1 from E6? Thanks

Unregistered 18-02-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129114)
Anyone work at ST Eng(info&sys)? Normally how much is the yearly increment ? And how long it takes to promote to M1 from E6? Thanks

Increment from 50 to 100. Promotion depends on your dept and boss

Unregistered 18-02-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129120)

50-100?not 3%-5% meh ?

Unregistered 19-02-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129120)

Can anyone verify please?

Unregistered 19-02-2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129151)
Can anyone verify please?

I definitely got something more than that...
roughly 3% on an average

3% - 5% sounds like a better gauge.
But I heard ppl getting as low as 1% (30-50 range) when their appraisal grades are relatively poor.

Unregistered 26-02-2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129163)
roughly 3% on an average

But I heard ppl getting as low as 1% (30-50 range) when their appraisal grades are relatively poor.

If hit the max cap salary for the grade, will there be any more increment in the following year? And if hit max cap and the bosses don't fight for your promotion even for above average appraisal, what will be the minimum increment or will there be no increment?

Unregistered 26-02-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

roughly 3% on an average

If hit the max cap salary for the grade, will there be any more increment in the following year? And if hit max cap and the bosses don't fight for your promotion even for above average appraisal, what will be the minimum increment or will there be no increment?

Unregistered 26-02-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

roughly 3% on an average

Unregistered 29-02-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129365)

Hit means no increment, unless there is a market adjustment.

Unregistered 01-03-2020 03:25 AM

Will st engineering follow the other companies and tell all the staffs to take pay cut?

Unregistered 08-03-2020 09:39 AM

E6 range

Anyway knows whats the E6 range under new schema ?

Unregistered 10-03-2020 05:08 PM

Outsource contract?

Hello, I see this mentioned alot in this thread: can anyone share what it means exactly to be employed under outsource contract?

1. Are you reporting to ST or the boss / lead of the attached company?
2. Do you lose out on employment benefits (package, leave, etc)
3. Does it mean you have to stay for that period since it is a contract (cannot leave like perm staff)
4. Who performs appraisal for your work, and usually what performance bonus can we expect?
5. Is ST a good place for experience / resume buff despite the supposedly lower pay?

ST outsource E5 11-03-2020 08:50 AM

Outsource contract benefit the company... Not the staff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129899)
Hello, I see this mentioned alot in this thread: can anyone share what it means exactly to be employed under outsource contract?

You report to ST but the payroll, timesheet, leave etc is thru jobline portal. Pay is St pat to jobline. Jobline pay to us.
Very much so. Eg they have a family care leave 1 day introduced in 2019. Outsource staff been asking is it applicable to outsource staff? No response from HR. Some say "it's factored into our base salary" which I highly doubt.
3. Does it mean you have to stay for that period since it is a contract (cannot leave like perm staff)
No you can leave anytime. Since there is no bonus for contract completion now as well.
The reason ST offer outsource contract is twofold. 1. They lazy to go thru resume and hire a huge HR to find and source for candidate. So they outsource this task to jobline for a fee. Second the senior manhenent here is really only think about $ cause their boss on top give them KPI likr must earn 1 million this year etc... So they are very "mindful". More like stingy with their pay offer. Compound that with ST don't always get lots of business. So they always aim for few millions dollars project but lack the talent and manpower to do it. They call it chicken and egg. I call it more like self created problem.
4. Who performs appraisal for your work, and usually what performance bonus can we expect?
Jobline Reminds ST to do appraisal. ST appraise then submit to the division head to approve. Once approved money released to jobline. Jobline deposit into our bank. They do all the admin stuff. I been hearing different story. Some say ST has the culture of 1 month AWS + at least 1 month bonus. But I heard its also depending on boss. So in short. Don't expect for 2 to 3 months bonus. Cause that's in the past. You'll most likely get 1 of 1.5 months bonus.. Which they already calculated and budgeted before they offer you the 2 years contract. So don't be like my juniors who join and work day and night overtime thinking can get 3 to 5 months bonus. He left eventually cause felt used. But I already advise him. Most of the staff here adopt this culture. Don't work like you're the best. Don't work like you're the worst. Especially those perm staff all scared to take on more responsibility. So all always siam and push work. Which created this disgusting culture of incompetency
5. Is ST a good place for experience / resume buff despite the supposedly lower pay?
My advice to you is if outside offer you like more pay. Take it cause work here the incremental is just like 1 to 2 percentage... Aka 100 to 200 range... Which means if you work damn hard for 2 years your pay will only increment at most 400. Don't dream about promotion. Those are for perm staff. Outsource staff is really used as a service. Not meant for career growth

I have seen people on outsource contract here for 4 to 5 years. Me including 2 times already renewed. Recently they say 3 years outsource will be considered for renewal. I been asking but all I hear is excuses. Division not making enuff money la. Cannot justify headcount la. No contract to feed thr staff la. While at the same time the company profit keep growing and the senior manhenent take big fat pay check.

You make your own decision. But for me ill be leaving and looking for job elsewhere after this coronavirus period and before my contract renewal next year cause I am sick and tired of being renewed as an outsource staff for the 3rd time 6 years... While I see the other perm staff keep getting promoted every 3 years or so. What a joke.

Yes the colleagues here are nice... Well they are nice cause they feel guilty and they don't want to train someone new whe you leave. Cause they want to retire relax. So to them pay low also don't care. But I'm young and ambitious man... Don't come to ST if you have dreams.. Cause you'll see it like an retirement village for people who want to be averahe working for average pay

Sorry for rant.

Unregistered 13-03-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129899)

1. You report to ST. I assume you are outsource jobline. Jobline acts as a recruitment agency and also administer your pay, leave, etc. Your RO, AO is ST people, could be perm, could be outsource themselves. Outsource staff go thru jobline portal. Perm staff go thru their concur portal.
2. Outsource staff will say yes. Cause perm staff I heard got different number of sick leave. Extra annual leave after xx number of years. Outsource don't have. Also recently 2019 they introduced 1 day family care leave. Outsource staff been asking "why we don't have" or how to take cause jobline portal don't have this family care leave. HR NO REPLY. Or the usual excuse we been hearing for so many years under outsource is "its already factored into our higher base pay"
3. Can leave anytime. Last time got annual contract completion which is like the AWS to keep you committed to stay for the whole 1 year.. Now no more this bonus. So leave anytime.. Nothing to lose out.
4. ST appraise your boss. But when go up to division head they suka suka grade you based on how many they can give B or C+ per division. So take it that everyone is C+ unless you don't pefrom then it's lower. Almost never B. Those are kept for the boss to promote their perm staff those who been with them forever.
5. Ofc ST is better compared to some ABC Technologies. No name. But whether ST is better than the other brand like NCS or Govtech or Accenture.. Is hard to say. But if given offer you should consider. HR do look out for branded company names

Unregistered 13-03-2020 03:13 PM

Jobline will tell you bonus can go up to 3 months. Reality is its only 1 to 1.5 months max. 3 months is those A grade which won't be eligible to some no name outsource staff.

Unregistered 13-03-2020 04:27 PM

how is working at st electronics eservices like?

Unregistered 20-03-2020 04:54 PM

Anyone able to share what is ST's bonus like now after the salary adjustment?