Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   A*Star (Agency for Science, Technology and Research) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2389-star-agency-science-technology-research.html)

kakarukeys 19-01-2013 03:55 PM

A*Star (Agency for Science, Technology and Research)

Applied for engineer position, current job 4.5k, asked for 5k because fresh grad is getting like 4k (told them to refer to salary.sg) and I had a 3yrs experience + master degree. They called me and said want to offer but cannot match my current pay, asked will you reconsider based on astar's reputation and career path, etc, etc.

What should I do?

Unregistered 19-01-2013 06:26 PM

You still haven told us how much they offering you.

kakarukeys 19-01-2013 09:59 PM

Basically they said if I say no (to a lower pay) they will not offer.

Unregistered 20-01-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakarukeys (Post 32515)
Applied for engineer position, current job 4.5k, asked for 5k because fresh grad is getting like 4k (told them to refer to salary.sg) and I had a 3yrs experience + master degree. They called me and said want to offer but cannot match my current pay, asked will you reconsider based on astar's reputation and career path, etc, etc.

What should I do?

You asked them to refer to salary.sg!
Wahahahaha!!!!
That's a good one.

Unregistered 20-01-2013 02:22 PM

Don't take it. Anywhere that offers you a lower pay is probably signaling that it doesn't value rewarding employees that much.

Unregistered 20-01-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 32535)
You asked them to refer to salary.sg!
Wahahahaha!!!!
That's a good one.

kekekekeke!! but seriously hor, don't go astar la. if you smart and hardworking better continue in industry. what "reputation"?? ok la, i don't say too much.

Unregistered 20-01-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 32539)
Don't take it. Anywhere that offers you a lower pay is probably signaling that it doesn't value rewarding employees that much.

if one is hungry, one has to accept any job offer.

Unregistered 20-01-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

What should I do?

ok, serious mode ah. did you know that astar is stat board and got 15 month in total per year, higher if you score high in your yearly eval (basically r u good at suck up to bosses)

so you current job got bonus or not.

if you really want just say 'ya interested, but u can't accept too low cos of family commitment etc. then see how much they offer lor. you job in astar is shakeleg one, and stable. so if you looking for shakeleg job and you like to feel like bigshot when you whip out your astar namecard when talking to vendor, then go for it. but if you are ambitious and hardworking and talented, don't go astar. stay inindustry.

Unregistered 21-01-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

What should I do?

What reputation does Astar has, good pay master? Good benefits?
If you are good enough, they will pay.
You only asked for 10% more, which is in my view, too low.
Don't shortchange yourself

icy water 21-01-2013 06:55 PM

They will offer you 4.6k at most.

Furthermore, you refer them to here?!!! If I am the HR I will not even consider hiring you just for doing that.