Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   LTA (Land Transport Authority) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2213-land-transport-authority-land-transport-authority.html)

Unregistered 25-09-2022 09:25 PM

Anyone knows the pay ceiling for senior manager grade 10?

Unregistered 26-09-2022 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230269)
Hi, does anyone knows whats the starting pay for fresh grad in LTA after the salary review? fch, second upper/lower.

uol fch can expect how much, I'm interested.

Unregistered 13-10-2022 09:02 AM

Help me with LTA Offer - To Join or Not to Join

Hi all,

I really hope to have some kind-hearted advice. I have received an offer from LTA, and have been sitting on it for quite long and not accepted the offer yet. The deadline is tomorrow.

I'm currently in the private sector (was in the public service previously for more than a decade) at the moment. I am happy with the work, pay, location, colleagues, environment, etc. But the thing is, LTA's offer is about 12% higher (significant?) and it will help me in my leadership track as it is a managerial position and I'll be leading a team. I like the role as well.

But I've heard so many horror stories about LTA and its high staff turnover rate. Even at the interview, the panel said that the turnover is very high and in fact, there were a few vacancies for me to choose from. That is extremely unlike any public service agency interview, as you would know.

I am happy in my current role, but at the same time, I really wanna move on the leadership track at LTA. But, I'm just afraid of jumping to the wrong ship and end up sinking.

Could any kind souls advise me please?

Unregistered 13-10-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232528)
Hi all,

I really hope to have some kind-hearted advice. I have received an offer from LTA, and have been sitting on it for quite long and not accepted the offer yet. The deadline is tomorrow.

I'm currently in the private sector (was in the public service previously for more than a decade) at the moment. I am happy with the work, pay, location, colleagues, environment, etc. But the thing is, LTA's offer is about 12% higher (significant?) and it will help me in my leadership track as it is a managerial position and I'll be leading a team. I like the role as well.

But I've heard so many horror stories about LTA and its high staff turnover rate. Even at the interview, the panel said that the turnover is very high and in fact, there were a few vacancies for me to choose from. That is extremely unlike any public service agency interview, as you would know.

I am happy in my current role, but at the same time, I really wanna move on the leadership track at LTA. But, I'm just afraid of jumping to the wrong ship and end up sinking.

For me I don’t recommend to go LTA and is true the turnover rate is quite high and u need to support multiple project and night work. If your current job is stable and wlb I won’t resign

Unregistered 13-10-2022 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232528)
Hi all,

Hi,

I hope is not to late.

Ask this question to yourself.
1)Are you ready to work night and weekend work?
2)Are you working 8-5 office hrs without OT or night work ? if yes, think twice even increase 12% overall consider quite bad because u need to work day and night and there is no wlb at all.
3)Are you ok those red tape ? if no, better don't join.
4)You will handle multiple due to high turn over rate

Unregistered 14-10-2022 02:35 PM

Help me with LTA Offer - To Join or Not to Join

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232548)
Hi,

I hope is not to late.

2)Are you working 8-5 office hrs without OT or night work ? if yes, think twice even increase 12% overall consider quite bad because u need to work day and night and there is no wlb at all.

Thank you for your thoughts. Appreciate them!

Unregistered 20-10-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232548)
Hi,

I hope is not to late.

I have worked with LTA staff before. Their working hours are very long and start/end at different timings depending on projects they are handling.

Unregistered 20-10-2022 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233019)
I have worked with LTA staff before. Their working hours are very long and start/end at different timings depending on projects they are handling.

Maybe it depends on the dept? I see my friend offline on the dot de leh

Unregistered 23-10-2022 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233028)
Maybe it depends on the dept? I see my friend offline on the dot de leh

Maybe coz rushing to go home rest, and come back for night work few hours later. Heard of stories of engineers working 8.30am to 6pm in office, then go site at midnight, and back to office in the afternoon (all in the span of 2 days).

Unregistered 24-10-2022 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233230)
Maybe coz rushing to go home rest, and come back for night work few hours later. Heard of stories of engineers working 8.30am to 6pm in office, then go site at midnight, and back to office in the afternoon (all in the span of 2 days).

this really depends on division and dept. I know of engineers who work round the clock and also those who work office hours only. Do gather more info on the position, dept and division you're working at before you sign the contract.