Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ICA (under Home Affairs) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2147-ica-under-home-affairs.html)

Unregistered 29-03-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115599)
Get 2nd upper or first class honours from Ntu Nus will get ASP direct entry, or else will just start off as an inspector

old news la.. from jul 2018, all start of as insp..

Unregistered 29-03-2019 08:16 PM

eh how ah, recently anyone got callled up after document submission?

Unregistered 30-03-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115640)
old news la.. from jul 2018, all start of as insp..

Wouldn’t this deter some of the 2nd upper 1st class people from joining since they are now starting at a lower rank?

Unregistered 30-03-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115681)
Wouldn’t this deter some of the 2nd upper 1st class people from joining since they are now starting at a lower rank?

Not necessary. it helps to prevent rank inflation. Ica is very operational. Actual job performance matters more than class of honours.

Unregistered 30-03-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115682)
Not necessary. it helps to prevent rank inflation. Ica is very operational. Actual job performance matters more than class of honours.

hahaha exactly. grades too smart and join uniform group, better off at mindef.

Unregistered 01-04-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115647)
eh how ah, recently anyone got callled up after document submission?

i went for panel last week, then next day called for medical le. I think they really short handed

Unregistered 01-04-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

My thoughts is .. if you have 2nd upper or FCH ( but you are not a scholar) , would you want to join ICA?

Unregistered 01-04-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

best not to join, skills are totally nt transferable. And the bosses can be a complete arse at times.. if kena marked that's it, ur whole career gone..

Unregistered 03-04-2019 01:20 AM

One man meat is another man poison

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115841)
My thoughts is .. if you have 2nd upper or FCH ( but you are not a scholar) , would you want to join ICA?

People have their motivation for joining that sometimes go beyond grades. My friend joined simply because can work at tuas, she stay nearby. Plus the shift work is good she can take care of children when hubby is at work, taking turns with mother.

Joining bonus solid.. PB also solid, but very operational not all is happy to do. Besides, if you are so qualified, you likely sit in office relax and settle paperwork, blow aircon why no good?

Unregistered 03-04-2019 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116031)
People have their motivation for joining that sometimes go beyond grades. My friend joined simply because can work at tuas, she stay nearby. Plus the shift work is good she can take care of children when hubby is at work, taking turns with mother.

Joining bonus solid.. PB also solid, but very operational not all is happy to do. Besides, if you are so qualified, you likely sit in office relax and settle paperwork, blow aircon why no good?

Yea. Confiscated contraband end up smoking them behind close doors