Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ICA (under Home Affairs) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2147-ica-under-home-affairs.html)

Unregistered 20-10-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73940)
Im pretty sure the uniformed organisation has gotten abit lax in their requirement. Been a mata for over 5 yrs now.. just a JO but recently attained a degree from PSB academy. I know alot of SO here who enters with SIM degree, a few from SMF. Any bros here care to share if they personally know SO from other uniformed org with degree from pte instituitions as well?

yes. they fall under advanced diploma. not degree pay and road map

Unregistered 06-12-2015 02:37 AM

Anyone know what question they normally asked during face to face interview?

Unregistered 06-12-2015 02:39 AM

I got a degree from Queensland University of Technology an university from Australian. Iszit hard for me to apply for a senior officer post using this degree?

Unregistered 15-02-2016 06:56 PM

Bumps...................

zero_88 13-03-2016 12:27 AM

Does it have any career progression?

Unregistered 26-03-2016 07:37 PM

The pay auto increases every year. Remuneration, for SO, default C grade is 2.25 mths (used to be 2). C+ 2.75, B 3.25. There's a bit of politics going on inside.

Very rigid, follow SOP, don't question much and do as you're told should be able to do well.

Overall, the pay package is good. You take back about 16-17 mths pay per year on average. 13th mth + 2.25 mth PB + middle of the year small bonus (~0.5) + year end bonus (~0.5 - 1).

Job is not hard, but selfish backside coverers on top and numbers chasers make it hard.

These days, due to the security situation, you becoming like half a policeman already. So much more security focused than last time.

Unregistered 25-04-2016 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82186)
The pay auto increases every year. Remuneration, for SO, default C grade is 2.25 mths (used to be 2). C+ 2.75, B 3.25. There's a bit of politics going on inside.

Very rigid, follow SOP, don't question much and do as you're told should be able to do well.

Overall, the pay package is good. You take back about 16-17 mths pay per year on average. 13th mth + 2.25 mth PB + middle of the year small bonus (~0.5) + year end bonus (~0.5 - 1).

Job is not hard, but selfish backside coverers on top and numbers chasers make it hard.

These days, due to the security situation, you becoming like half a policeman already. So much more security focused than last time.

Sounds like ure already in ICA as an SO. Any idea if its easier for a JO from other home team dept (5+ years of relevant working experience) to join as an SO in ICA with a private degree?

Unregistered 04-05-2016 12:17 PM

Did anyone else apply for this position? Sent in my application last month but heard nothing back.

Unregistered 05-05-2016 08:52 PM

I need help! Who can donate money to me?

Uoq 11-05-2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82186)

Any idea hw is the career progression like? Hw long does it takes to get from INSP to ASP? What is the average performer CEP like? AC at retirement?