Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ICA (under Home Affairs) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2147-ica-under-home-affairs.html)

Unregistered 12-05-2016 10:56 PM

Average performer and still expect to retire at AC? You in la la land ah? Do you know AC is a superscale position which very few people will reach? If not scholar, you don't even smell it unless you are the top 5-10%. To be in the top 5-10%, you have to get consistent A or at least B, B+ grades.

You're asking how long it takes to get from insp to asp, meaning you probably don't have a good honors degree. So, let not talk about scholars, you won't even be on par with direct entry asp. So what makes you think you can reach AC?

If average performer, you're lucky to retire at DSP. Wake up your idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uoq (Post 85397)
Any idea hw is the career progression like? Hw long does it takes to get from INSP to ASP? What is the average performer CEP like? AC at retirement?

Unregistered 01-07-2016 09:03 PM

Any idea what is the annual increment is like? Is it a fixed amount or varies depending on Performance Grading?

Unregistered 08-07-2016 09:20 AM

meeting up

Anyone current SO willing to meet up? keen to know more details face to face. graduating student here from a local uni

Unregistered 08-07-2016 11:23 PM

don't join..

tzh 24-09-2016 10:42 PM

Applying to be SO

Hi all, thinking of applying to be SO..

Any fellow ICA SO care to share how the job is like? Like the job scope etc.

What are some of the interview questions asked?

Need to prepare cover letter to submit on Careers.gov so quite sian procrastinating around~

Thanks!

Unregistered 14-10-2016 11:18 PM

Why don't join?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88299)
don't join..

Why don't join? how much is the monthly pay like?

Unregistered 01-05-2017 10:03 PM

What is the average increment for a C grader senior officer? 5% ?

Unregistered 02-05-2017 11:20 PM

less than $200.

Unregistered 17-06-2017 04:27 PM

Any age limit ??

Hey guys do you know if there is any maximum age limit ??

Unregistered 18-06-2017 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98101)
Hey guys do you know if there is any maximum age limit ??

I presume you would be a mid careerist since u are concerned w age limit.. There isn't rly an age limit but the organization doesn't count ur experience, esp if it's in pte sector.. you will be treated as a fresh grad in terms of salary and position.. R u prepared to draw a less than 4k salary and doing an exec role duties at your current age??

Unregistered 18-06-2017 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzh (Post 90678)
Hi all, thinking of applying to be SO..

Any fellow ICA SO care to share how the job is like? Like the job scope etc.

What are some of the interview questions asked?

Need to prepare cover letter to submit on Careers.gov so quite sian procrastinating around~

Thanks!

Read the ICA website for details.. it is fairly reflective of what the ICA SO are tasked to perform..

Unregistered 18-06-2017 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88039)
Any idea what is the annual increment is like? Is it a fixed amount or varies depending on Performance Grading?

Fixed amt which is tagged to your rank and PG..

Unregistered 18-06-2017 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84931)
Did anyone else apply for this position? Sent in my application last month but heard nothing back.

Nthg is good news.. not the best job.. not the worst either..

Unregistered 18-06-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 81229)
Does it have any career progression?

Sure it does, but what exactly does career progression mean to you? Higher pay? Higher responsibility? Higher rank?

Unregistered 24-09-2017 05:04 PM

How is the typical career path for a senior officer like? Understand that the initial few years might be foundational posting but I would like to know more about the job and career paths in the long run. Thanks!

Unregistered 25-09-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100385)
How is the typical career path for a senior officer like? Understand that the initial few years might be foundational posting but I would like to know more about the job and career paths in the long run. Thanks!

Hope for people ahead of you to either quit or leave the service so that there are positions for you to progress......

It is relatively stagnating, but then you still got your yearly increment and stuff.

Unregistered 29-11-2017 04:18 PM

How is the job as a senior officer like? What do you have to do on a day to day basis?

Unregistered 22-12-2017 01:27 AM

(ICA) Inspector

did anyone apply for the Inspector position?
Any idea what is the written assessment about?

Unregistered 22-12-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103278)
did anyone apply for the Inspector position?
Any idea what is the written assessment about?

U got a call tdy to do the written test?

Unregistered 22-12-2017 04:23 PM

Davallia roding

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103285)
U got a call tdy to do the written test?

informed by email.
asked me to submit documents and take the written test.
Any idea what is the written test about?

any idea about the hiring process for the inspector position?
can shed more light about the job?

Unregistered 28-02-2018 12:59 PM

The written test is by means of psychometric Tests to gauge your personality, moral ethics and value system.

For ICA, understand that there is 2 rounds to pass.

1st is written test, 2nd shld be a panel interview.

All the best to those applying & let’s all help to keep SG safe!

Unregistered 24-04-2018 07:06 PM

Anyone can share how the retention bonus for ICA senior officer works?

meatball 05-06-2018 02:51 AM

if im posted to the department where i have to breathe in the smoke from the vehicles entering singapore then how often do they send me to for medical checkup to test my lungs?

Unregistered 05-06-2018 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatball (Post 107652)
if im posted to the department where i have to breathe in the smoke from the vehicles entering singapore then how often do they send me to for medical checkup to test my lungs?

i find it hard to believe bcos those jobs are done by Junior Officers, not Senior Officers.

Unregistered 07-07-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107653)
i find it hard to believe bcos those jobs are done by Junior Officers, not Senior Officers.

And I find it hard to believe that meatball is applying for a SO position, rather than a JO position. In any case, NO , there is no sending you to test your lungs.. because your lungs would already be damaged in your locker room by your fellow JOs smoking just about any chance they can find to smoke..

Unregistered 24-07-2018 08:27 PM

Anyone applied for Direct entry inspector position currently?

JoblessGrad 21-08-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109097)
Anyone applied for Direct entry inspector position currently?

Me. did u get any response?

poh kim 09-09-2018 01:37 AM

how much vehicle smoke do i need to breath in everyday as an ICA officer?

Unregistered 28-03-2019 06:25 PM

Seeking Advice

Anyone able to advise on progression of Senior Officer? From what i understand is insp to asp will take approximately 4 years. But after that?

Also from what i know is after 3 years of foundation posting at checkpoints, what will happen next ? Office hours? or still continue to be on shift ?

Unregistered 28-03-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115591)
Anyone able to advise on progression of Senior Officer? From what i understand is insp to asp will take approximately 4 years. But after that?

Also from what i know is after 3 years of foundation posting at checkpoints, what will happen next ? Office hours? or still continue to be on shift ?

Get 2nd upper or first class honours from Ntu Nus will get ASP direct entry, or else will just start off as an inspector

Unregistered 29-03-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115599)
Get 2nd upper or first class honours from Ntu Nus will get ASP direct entry, or else will just start off as an inspector

old news la.. from jul 2018, all start of as insp..

Unregistered 29-03-2019 08:16 PM

eh how ah, recently anyone got callled up after document submission?

Unregistered 30-03-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115640)
old news la.. from jul 2018, all start of as insp..

Wouldn’t this deter some of the 2nd upper 1st class people from joining since they are now starting at a lower rank?

Unregistered 30-03-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115681)
Wouldn’t this deter some of the 2nd upper 1st class people from joining since they are now starting at a lower rank?

Not necessary. it helps to prevent rank inflation. Ica is very operational. Actual job performance matters more than class of honours.

Unregistered 30-03-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115682)
Not necessary. it helps to prevent rank inflation. Ica is very operational. Actual job performance matters more than class of honours.

hahaha exactly. grades too smart and join uniform group, better off at mindef.

Unregistered 01-04-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115647)
eh how ah, recently anyone got callled up after document submission?

i went for panel last week, then next day called for medical le. I think they really short handed

Unregistered 01-04-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

My thoughts is .. if you have 2nd upper or FCH ( but you are not a scholar) , would you want to join ICA?

Unregistered 01-04-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

best not to join, skills are totally nt transferable. And the bosses can be a complete arse at times.. if kena marked that's it, ur whole career gone..

Unregistered 03-04-2019 01:20 AM

One man meat is another man poison

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115841)
My thoughts is .. if you have 2nd upper or FCH ( but you are not a scholar) , would you want to join ICA?

People have their motivation for joining that sometimes go beyond grades. My friend joined simply because can work at tuas, she stay nearby. Plus the shift work is good she can take care of children when hubby is at work, taking turns with mother.

Joining bonus solid.. PB also solid, but very operational not all is happy to do. Besides, if you are so qualified, you likely sit in office relax and settle paperwork, blow aircon why no good?

Unregistered 03-04-2019 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116031)
People have their motivation for joining that sometimes go beyond grades. My friend joined simply because can work at tuas, she stay nearby. Plus the shift work is good she can take care of children when hubby is at work, taking turns with mother.

Joining bonus solid.. PB also solid, but very operational not all is happy to do. Besides, if you are so qualified, you likely sit in office relax and settle paperwork, blow aircon why no good?

Yea. Confiscated contraband end up smoking them behind close doors