Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MAS for Mid Career Professionals (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2119-monetary-authority-singapore-mid-career-professionals.html)

Unregistered 24-05-2017 12:55 PM

Bridleway AVENUE

how long it takes for an average performer joining fresh with say first class honor to reach 10k/month in MAS. what grade/title likely is that salary?

Unregistered 26-05-2017 11:07 PM

As mentioned in a previous post, MAS' bonus is high. So depends on your 10k per month is including or excluding bonus.

Including bonus, and depending on the economy, as the bonus is also dependent on Singapore's economy, it may take you around 6-8 years to reach 10k per month.

Excluding bonus, my guess is that it would take at least 10 years for an average performer.

Unregistered 02-06-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97639)
As mentioned in a previous post, MAS' bonus is high. So depends on your 10k per month is including or excluding bonus.

Including bonus, and depending on the economy, as the bonus is also dependent on Singapore's economy, it may take you around 6-8 years to reach 10k per month.

Excluding bonus, my guess is that it would take at least 10 years for an average performer.

do you know on average how many months' of bonus in MAS for average performer?

Unregistered 05-06-2017 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97788)
do you know on average how many months' of bonus in MAS for average performer?

In recent years the bonus has shrunk. Avg would be ard 3-4 months. MAS does not hv aws component. In short, not much different from pte on a 15 month package

Unregistered 05-06-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97823)
In recent years the bonus has shrunk. Avg would be ard 3-4 months. MAS does not hv aws component. In short, not much different from pte on a 15 month package

I will also add that it depends on the economy. So if our GDP grows faster than expected, you can expect 1 month more. Similarly if we hit recession, it may be 1-2 months less.

Unregistered 26-06-2017 09:57 AM

Is the bonus of 3-4 months inclusive of group bonus? Heard there is both group and variable bonus payout

Unregistered 26-06-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98267)
Is the bonus of 3-4 months inclusive of group bonus? Heard there is both group and variable bonus payout

In total besides 12 month basic salary, one should be able to get another 6 months +/- of additional pay in most years.

Unregistered 26-06-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98269)
In total besides 12 month basic salary, one should be able to get another 6 months +/- of additional pay in most years.

Wow 6 months is a lot! Assuming I join MAS as an assistant Director. May I know how long it takes for an average performer to promote from Assistant Director to Deputy Director and from Deputy Director to Director? Is it true that you need to rotate every 3 years to be promoted?

Thanks for your kind advice!

Unregistered 01-07-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98269)

U wait long long 😂
Your info must be from 10 yrs ago
Nowadays if you can get 16 months pa u can laff liao
Grp bonus ard 2 months on avg. so pb 1-2 months norm for avg performer
If economy no gd then grp bonus reduce

Unregistered 01-07-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98278)
Wow 6 months is a lot! Assuming I join MAS as an assistant Director. May I know how long it takes for an average performer to promote from Assistant Director to Deputy Director and from Deputy Director to Director? Is it true that you need to rotate every 3 years to be promoted?

Thanks for your kind advice!

If u r joining as mid career expect ur promo to b slower than most.
Director only for the hand picked ones. Majority end up as dd