Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MAS for Mid Career Professionals (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2119-monetary-authority-singapore-mid-career-professionals.html)

Unregistered 14-06-2020 09:06 PM

Need advice..have been thinking should I accept MAS offer...I m currently working in a stat board. MAS recently offer me with annual package which is 2%+ from my current stat board annual package. Will you join MAS or stay in current stat board?

Reason why I want to leave my current place is because a manager (also a team lead) left as he was backstabbed by another manager. I m told to take over the portfolio from the manager who left, but team lead title is given to the backstabber. Feel that I m unappreciated. So, now I m doing two managers' portfolio (my own and the mgr who left).

If you are me, will you accept MAS offer? Or reject as annual package no much increment?

Unregistered 14-06-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138249)
Need advice..have been thinking should I accept MAS offer...I m currently working in a stat board. MAS recently offer me with annual package which is 2%+ from my current stat board annual package. Will you join MAS or stay in current stat board?

Reason why I want to leave my current place is because a manager (also a team lead) left as he was backstabbed by another manager. I m told to take over the portfolio from the manager who left, but team lead title is given to the backstabber. Feel that I m unappreciated. So, now I m doing two managers' portfolio (my own and the mgr who left).

If you are me, will you accept MAS offer? Or reject as annual package no much increment?

Accept MAS. Need to change your work environment for now.

Unregistered 14-06-2020 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138266)
Accept MAS. Need to change your work environment for now.

Thanks for your advice. I wondering no much increment for annual package is due to the bad economy?

If I reject the MAS offer this time, not sure whether the opportunity will come 2 or 3 years later (after economy pick up)...I feel coming 2 to 3 years will be a tough time for me as backstabber already trying to push his work to me in addition to the mgr portfolio which I supposed to take over...

Unregistered 14-06-2020 11:34 PM

Quote:

Should be ok to leave if you've been in the statboard for at least 3 years.

Unregistered 15-06-2020 12:38 AM

Quote:

I would just accept MAS. You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Unregistered 15-06-2020 12:38 AM

Unregistered 15-06-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138301)

May I know what do I gain when you referring to "everything to gain"?

Unregistered 15-06-2020 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138272)
Thanks for your advice. I wondering no much increment for annual package is due to the bad economy?

If I reject the MAS offer this time, not sure whether the opportunity will come 2 or 3 years later (after economy pick up)...I feel coming 2 to 3 years will be a tough time for me as backstabber already trying to push his work to me in addition to the mgr portfolio which I supposed to take over...

Look at the present situation first -- i.e. your current work environment.

Don't look at the future based on your "wondering' or 'if' where the events you worry about may not happen at all. Cut off the noises people have on you first. Accept the current bad economy and move on from here by accepting the MAS offer.

Unregistered 15-06-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138329)
May I know what do I gain when you referring to "everything to gain"?

you get to keep your current pay (+2%), have a stable job, and a new boss/team. not sure about your current SB but i would think MAS is an upgrade?

Unregistered 15-06-2020 09:56 PM

Sorry to hijack but does MAS sponsor Masters? How about overseas Masters?