Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 13-07-2021 01:24 AM

For 5 years exp, if it's IT/cyber/engineering, approx mid $6k

For generalist like HR, procurement, approx low $5k

Unregistered 13-07-2021 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177437)
I have read tons of negative reviews on Glassdoor. But since I had a good interview exp with the hiring managers, it made me change my mind. Hoping someone from inside can share their real exp? :)

people wise, too subjective to comment, so you decide for yourself if you like the people and culture when you join.

work wise, the most important part you need to be ok with is red tape. of cos with every govt agency there will be some red tape, but being a defence related stat board, the red tape is much, much more than other agencies. be prepared to do a lot of staff work. if you are the kind who cannot deal with the bureaucracy and things not moving, this is not the job for you and you will not last long.

just my two cents. good luck and hope you can make a decision that you are happy with.

Unregistered 13-07-2021 09:04 AM

Generally how long does the HR take to get back to me on the interview result? The HR lady mention 2 weeks, but i have seen other post mentioning more than 2 weeks and can be up till months.

Please advise, thanks!

Unregistered 13-07-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177695)
Generally how long does the HR take to get back to me on the interview result? The HR lady mention 2 weeks, but i have seen other post mentioning more than 2 weeks and can be up till months.

Please advise, thanks!

I think you shld wait for 2 weeks then check in with hr again. dont read too much into it and keep looking for other jobs while waiting for answer.

I am speculating those who got offer months later is likely the case where they were not the first choice but got bumped up because the first choice candidate withdrew their acceptance or resigned in first few days.

Unregistered 13-07-2021 01:00 PM

I think you shld wait for 2 weeks then check in with hr again. dont read too much int

Thanks for the advise. Will update on the job status again

Unregistered 15-07-2021 12:02 PM

I was given a verbal offer from DSTA. What is the usual timeline from verbal offer to offer letter?

Anyway, i am working in private sector drawing monthly salary of 4.5k. What is the expected salary i should be negotiating with the HR?

Unregistered 17-07-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177857)
I was given a verbal offer from DSTA. What is the usual timeline from verbal offer to offer letter?

Anyway, i am working in private sector drawing monthly salary of 4.5k. What is the expected salary i should be negotiating with the HR?

Since you are changing job, minimum should ask for 10% increment

CorgiHamster 23-07-2021 01:28 AM

Applying as an Engineer

Hi all, understand procurement is terrible in DSTA, but how about technical roles? I plan to apply to DSTA as an AI Engineer or a Robotics Engineer, any technical related advise and feedback about working in DSTA as the above technical roles?

NTU FCH

Unregistered 24-07-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorgiHamster (Post 178269)
Hi all, understand procurement is terrible in DSTA, but how about technical roles? I plan to apply to DSTA as an AI Engineer or a Robotics Engineer, any technical related advise and feedback about working in DSTA as the above technical roles?

NTU FCH

depends on what you consider "technical"...most "engineer" titles in govt agencies are project management and rather than actual engineering work

Unregistered 26-07-2021 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorgiHamster (Post 178269)

NTU FCH

If you can do engineering in other orgs will be better...you will evemtually be doing more paper writing and red tape shenanigans than actual tech work.

The only good thing abt engineer here is the excellent starting pay (really unmatched by most places for an engineering degree except maybe CS roles in FAANG type of companies or niche areas)