Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 08-07-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 175075)
i think your question has been answered in many of the previous posts here, and also this thread s://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/13768-defence-science-technology-agency-vs-defence-science-organisation-2.html

but generally it seems that the gist from the reviews is that procurement is shorthanded from high attrition, has heavy workload, poor training & mismanagement, bad remuneration and career progression and lack of respect and support by both SAF users and engineers.

engineer wise doesn't seem as bad since the pay is very high, but sounds like very little in the way of technical development and a lot of project management work.

Sounds discouraging but yet there are still hopeful applicants for job openings, judging by the postings in this forum. Maybe it is not really that bad as what some have described it to be.

Unregistered 08-07-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152464)
masters for management path.

In other words, carry balls, carry eggs.

Unregistered 08-07-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177345)
Sounds discouraging but yet there are still hopeful applicants for job openings, judging by the postings in this forum. Maybe it is not really that bad as what some have described it to be.

then again, hopeful applicants don't know what's in store for them since they haven't joined the organisation yet yah... i guess with the covid recession any job is better than no job.

one thing that catches attention is they are always hiring for procurement positions, which is a bit of a red flag and also lines up with what posters have said about the high turnover in the procurement dept.

Unregistered 09-07-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177376)
then again, hopeful applicants don't know what's in store for them since they haven't joined the organisation yet yah... i guess with the covid recession any job is better than no job.

one thing that catches attention is they are always hiring for procurement positions, which is a bit of a red flag and also lines up with what posters have said about the high turnover in the procurement dept.

I have read tons of negative reviews on Glassdoor. But since I had a good interview exp with the hiring managers, it made me change my mind. Hoping someone from inside can share their real exp? :)

Unregistered 09-07-2021 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177437)
I have read tons of negative reviews on Glassdoor. But since I had a good interview exp with the hiring managers, it made me change my mind. Hoping someone from inside can share their real exp? :)

What role did you applied for?

Unregistered 10-07-2021 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177437)

You sound pretty convinced from your interview experience. In that case you should forget about all these online reviews be it on glassdoor or here and decide based on what you feel is best for you and what you know from your interview. not like another review here is going to be more "real" and have greater weight in changing your decision since they are all online anonymous reviews (negative or positive), yes? Anyway lots of people have shared their experience in this thread recently, so there's plenty of info for you to go through and decide if their experiences are valid.

if you want anything more substantial, you're going to have to ask friends in dsta or network with dsta staff on linkedin and hope they are willing to share.

Unregistered 10-07-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177472)
What role did you applied for?

I applied for Procurement!

Unregistered 12-07-2021 07:19 AM

-

I had an interview for a system engineer role. The interview was with a HR guy and two director. Interview was around 40 mins, the process was quite smooth.

The thing is there is an engineer I think called me 2 hours after interview telling me the director pass him my profile. It makes me thinking there is a high chance i might get it.

Please advise on this topic

Unregistered 12-07-2021 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177598)
I had an interview for a system engineer role. The interview was with a HR guy and two director. Interview was around 40 mins, the process was quite smooth.

The thing is there is an engineer I think called me 2 hours after interview telling me the director pass him my profile. It makes me thinking there is a high chance i might get it.

Please advise on this topic

Seems likely they are interested in your profile. All the best.

Unregistered 12-07-2021 01:56 PM

Seems likely they are interested in your profile. All the best.

Hopefully so.. understanding from HR the result will be out in two weeks time.

Just wondering, given 5 years of working experience. What should be the expected salary i can be ask for.