Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 06-05-2021 01:46 PM

DSTA rejects every single application i submitted despite fulfilling the requirements.

Are they only looking for NTU and NUS grads?

Unregistered 06-05-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167823)
DSTA rejects every single application i submitted despite fulfilling the requirements.

Are they only looking for NTU and NUS grads?

feels like that is the case over civil service, regardless of what they say...paper qualifications still king

Unregistered 06-05-2021 06:03 PM

i think will reconsider applying here. too many red flags from negative glassdoor reviews.

Unregistered 07-05-2021 03:47 PM

Hi, i got accepted by DSTA and have signed a conditional offer with DSTA and underwent all the medical checkup required but formal contract will only be signed on first day of work. However, i received another offer from the private sector and wish to rescind my offer with DSTA. Anyone knows if i am able to do it without paying back the medical fee?

Unregistered 07-05-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166815)
Heard that DSTA engineer fresh grad pay is 5k pm. Any idea what is the progression and increment like? How long will it take to hit 10k pm? TQ.

bump post ^^

Unregistered 07-05-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167962)
Hi, i got accepted by DSTA and have signed a conditional offer with DSTA and underwent all the medical checkup required but formal contract will only be signed on first day of work. However, i received another offer from the private sector and wish to rescind my offer with DSTA. Anyone knows if i am able to do it without paying back the medical fee?


Don't think its a good idea to owe money to public orgs... they may or may not chase you for it, but you never know if this will affect you in case you ever want to join the service 10-20 years down the road. Probably better to pay the relatively small amount than to leave a bad mark

Unregistered 07-05-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167963)
bump post ^^

Fresh grad 5k pm will become 10k pm after 5 years.

Unregistered 12-05-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167962)
Hi, i got accepted by DSTA and have signed a conditional offer with DSTA and underwent all the medical checkup required but formal contract will only be signed on first day of work. However, i received another offer from the private sector and wish to rescind my offer with DSTA. Anyone knows if i am able to do it without paying back the medical fee?

are we allowed to rescind offer after accepting it?

Unregistered 12-05-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167997)
Fresh grad 5k pm will become 10k pm after 5 years.

and with 17/18 mths package?

Unregistered 12-05-2021 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168478)
are we allowed to rescind offer after accepting it?

you can do anything you want lah. no one can stop you if you don't show up on the first day.

but do your own due diligence and study your contract details. understand the possible repercussions of doing so before committing.

and of course don't expect to ever get another offer from this place in the future if you renege. so better make sure you don't ever wanna work here


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2