Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 23-06-2016 10:24 AM

It's been 2 weeks since my interview and g50 submission for dsta, does it mean I have no chance already:( how Long does it take for them to give the verbal offer?

Unregistered 23-06-2016 06:07 PM

Need help! for some reason, the date on my cover letter is wrong. 54 June... should i withdraw my application or should i just leave it?

Unregistered 24-06-2016 05:51 PM

Got a call from HR today for an interview as procurement executive next week. Submitted application about a month ago or so..

Read that there is a written test before a panel interview.. Is it still the same now?
Also, they seem to be asking a lot of procurement specific questions. Does that means they are looking for people with relevant experience?

Unregistered 24-06-2016 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87607)
Need help! for some reason, the date on my cover letter is wrong. 54 June... should i withdraw my application or should i just leave it?

I made a similar date mistake before, withdrew and re-submitted. Now awaiting interview

Unregistered 26-06-2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87664)
Got a call from HR today for an interview as procurement executive next week. Submitted application about a month ago or so..

Read that there is a written test before a panel interview.. Is it still the same now?
Also, they seem to be asking a lot of procurement specific questions. Does that means they are looking for people with relevant experience?

I did a panel interview thats all. they just want to know that you are not the kind that will jump after 1 year. So if u really wanna get it, go read up on procurement and do your research. Generally, the interview is fairly easy, they didnt ask me any questions that will threw me off guard.

INTERVIEW TIPS : go read why people think procurement is interesting - you might be able to adapt some perspectives from there and tweak your interview. After all, an interview is a show of your "talking skills" (they need to see you are interested in procurement and will be here to stay).

Source : was offered procurement position 6 weeks after interview (i thought no hope already). was given G50 form to fill up within 1 week after interview.

Have question : they offered me a salary but I want to ask for a raise of maybe 50-100. is it possible ? anyone have experience with this ? how to go about doing it ?

Unregistered 26-06-2016 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87576)
It's been 2 weeks since my interview and g50 submission for dsta, does it mean I have no chance already:( how Long does it take for them to give the verbal offer?

they still hiring and I think not just one but a group of procurement executives. Be patient ! clearance takes time - you know how the army/govt sector works

Unregistered 26-06-2016 11:52 PM

Can share how much are you offered and your honors?

Unregistered 27-06-2016 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87710)
I did a panel interview thats all. they just want to know that you are not the kind that will jump after 1 year. So if u really wanna get it, go read up on procurement and do your research. Generally, the interview is fairly easy, they didnt ask me any questions that will threw me off guard.

INTERVIEW TIPS : go read why people think procurement is interesting - you might be able to adapt some perspectives from there and tweak your interview. After all, an interview is a show of your "talking skills" (they need to see you are interested in procurement and will be here to stay).

Source : was offered procurement position 6 weeks after interview (i thought no hope already). was given G50 form to fill up within 1 week after interview.

Have question : they offered me a salary but I want to ask for a raise of maybe 50-100. is it possible ? anyone have experience with this ? how to go about doing it ?

Wow, this has been very insightful. Thank you very much for taking the time to type this out :)

Unregistered 28-06-2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87737)
Can share how much are you offered and your honors?

Results not fantastic... im not the book/exam smart kind of person. dont listen to those who say third class honours wont be considered. All you need is to convince the director/interviewer u have the passion to excel in this role and stay in this job for awhile.

Pay is quite standard to what the others shared earlier.

Unregistered 28-06-2016 02:01 PM

DSTA daily routine never ever changes.

7.30 - start work
8.30 - breakfast (1 hour)
9.30 - return to office
11.30 - drive out, lunch, pay bills, buy stuff for home (2 hours)

1.45 - back at office
3.00 - tea break (30 mins)
3.35 - back at office
4.45 - go toilet, clear bladder
4.55 - back at desk
5.00pm - shut down pc, go back home