Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 17-02-2016 11:56 PM

Career after DSTA

Hi just wondering. Where can a DSTA employee go to after about 3-4 years inside DSTA?

Unregistered 20-02-2016 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79985)
It's been 3 weeks since the interview. Should I assume that I have failed to get an offer? Is it DSTA practice to inform candidates even if they've failed?

yes, most probably you are rejected. May i know which uni u from and honor?

Unregistered 21-02-2016 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80114)

Spu masters in eee

Unregistered 21-02-2016 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80114)

2nd low from NTU EEE part time. With relevant work experience while studying.

Is it considered rude to check with the HR lady that have requested me to do the G50 whether I have failed the interview?

Unregistered 21-02-2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80124)
2nd low from NTU EEE part time. With relevant work experience while studying.

Is it considered rude to check with the HR lady that have requested me to do the G50 whether I have failed the interview?

u may try, they are quite friendly and helpful. For my case, i was invited to NTU networking session last october, went for the interview and got the job offer around 8 days after the interview. Most of my friends got it within 2 weeks. We were asked to fill up the G50 after we signed the contract.

Unregistered 24-02-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79995)
Hi just wondering. Where can a DSTA employee go to after about 3-4 years inside DSTA?

Uppzz anybody?

Unregistered 24-02-2016 05:12 PM

i don't think the skillset acquired at DSTA is very transferrable. maybe you can jump around public sector, but moving around anywhere else would be rather hard.

Unregistered 25-02-2016 08:39 PM

But i did a search on linkedin and most who do not earn CFA or financial certifications usually do a PMP and go down the project mgmt route. so idk..

Unregistered 28-02-2016 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80352)
i don't think the skillset acquired at DSTA is very transferrable. maybe you can jump around public sector, but moving around anywhere else would be rather hard.

Top dsta engineers can easily Move to banking and earn 5 digit pm.

Unregistered 03-03-2016 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79995)

Depends on which areas of engineering you are in. I was in the Building Infra team and went on to the private sector to manage private sector construction projects