Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 24-11-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27595)
Hi everyone,

I am currently offered the position of Procurement Executive. Executive pay is 3.2K a month (I'm a girl). for guys, it'll be 3.5K.

Engineers pay is much higher than Executive's pay. My friend is getting 3.9K for second upper.

I have yet to start work, but my friends who are in DSTA told me increment is about 10% each year, and the bonus depends very much on the economy. They got 2-3 months last year.

Hope it helps!

Hi anyone went for interview for position of procurement executive at dsta? I understand that the interviewee has to do a 20mins essay writing prior to the interview. Anyone care to share what's the essay topic like and what questions they ask during the interview?

TIA

Unregistered 24-11-2013 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone,

I am currently offered the position of Procurement Executive. Executive pay is 3.2K a month (I'm a girl). for guys, it'll be 3.5K.

Engineers pay is much higher than Executive's pay. My friend is getting 3.9K for second upper.

I have yet to start work, but my friends who are in DSTA told me increment is about 10% each year, and the bonus depends very much on the economy. They got 2-3 months last year.

Hope it helps!

May i check how long does it take for the HR to get back to you after your first interview? I went for the interview 3 weeks ago, no news up till now. Am i out of the game? :(
Anyway i was told by the HR there is only one interview.

Unregistered 12-12-2013 01:52 PM

Hey I went for Procurement Exec interview on the 3rd wk of Nov. No news till now too. U got any updates frm hr?

Unregistered 12-12-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45610)
Hi everyone,

Hope it helps!

May i check how long does it take for the HR to get back to you after your first interview? I went for the interview 3 weeks ago, no news up till now. Am i out of the game? :(

lol you sure dsta got 10% increment per year?

Unregistered 13-12-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45610)
Hi everyone,

Hope it helps!

gal 3.2k, guy 3.5k. For 2nd upper or first class? I know ministry/stat board every jump in hons class in +200. 3.5k for fresh grad exec kinda decent. Does the bonus follows that of civil servants? Or DSTA has its own discretion on bonus payout? Anyway, I do know of a friend who left DSTA procurement after 2 years realizing that there is very little transferable skills to gain from the job scope. Was told that many left after 2 years also.

Unregistered 15-12-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46248)
lol you sure dsta got 10% increment per year?

Yep, over a few years, it'll average out to that.
That was pretty much the case when I was there many years ago.

Unregistered 15-12-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44893)
monthly salary around 4k x (12months + 1 months aws + 3 months performance bonus) = 64k

not forgetting quarterly Market Adjustment Component for salary to be matched competitively to the market. the adjustment will never be negative, either 0% or increase.

quarterly Market Adjustment Component(MAC) for salary to be matched competitively to the market.

got such thing one ah??normally how much is the MAC, how often is the MAC more than 0%

LEt say an engineer getting $4000 in Jan 2013,

MAC in Apr13 = 1% = $4040
MAC in Jul13 + AI(Annual increment) in jul13= 1.5% MAC + 5% AI = $4302
MAC in Oct13 = 1% = $4345
MAC in Jan14 = 1% = $4388

Mean in a span of 1 yr from Jan2013 to Jan 2014, his salary increase from 4000 to 4388, mean ~9.7% increment in total in a year!!!

Am I correct from the above example??

Unregistered 16-12-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45321)
let say someone with 2nd lower with NS join DSTA as an engineer,

assume he is average performer, or C grader constantly for all 5 years, and with all annual increments & all quarterly Market Adjustment Component + 1 promotion,

what will be his salary after 5 years?

Please advise

I didn't know DSTA hires 2nd lower these days.

Unregistered 16-12-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 46327)
I didn't know DSTA hires 2nd lower these days.

Yes they do.

Unregistered 22-12-2013 08:59 PM

how much will be the annual salary of engineer start working from fresh grad (With NS 2nd lower/upper) after 6 years in DSTA, assuming he is average performer.

What will be the annual salary range?

60k - 70k
70k - 80k
80k - 90k
more than 90k

which one?