Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 06-03-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114500)
has anyone gone for interview in this month already?

I applied on 1st Feb, till now still no updates in the application status.. probably not successful..

Unregistered 08-03-2019 10:45 AM

I just received an offer from DSTA for engineer role, application took abt a month and then interview.

Was told during the interview it was a 2 year contract before they decide whether to extend or confirm.

Are all the roles in DSTA supposed to be that?

Unregistered 09-03-2019 12:20 AM

DSTA Undergraduate Scholarship

Just received my A-level results and I want to apply for DSTA scholarship and I have some qns.

1. Although there isnt any cutoff rp for it, with 85rp and with decent portfolio, will I at least be shortlisted for interview?
2. How long do they take to reply to notify me of an interview?
3.What are some of the things that the organization is looking out for in possible scholars?

Unregistered 14-03-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114500)
has anyone gone for interview in this month already?

Hi, I applied for the procurement role opening this Feb too. Just went for my interview.
*Fingers crossed*

Unregistered 14-03-2019 05:47 PM

only procurement people went for interview already???

Unregistered 15-03-2019 05:43 PM

Hello, anybody knows whether DSTA pays SVP bonus to its employees just like ministries do? My understanding is that not all stat boards pay the SVP; some only pay the AVC, NPAA and PB. Would appreciate any replies thx!

visualstudio 21-03-2019 01:22 PM

Some job agency called and told me to attend interview at DSTA for the role of Senior System Analyst for a procurement system

It's a 1 year renewable contract and my pay will be paid by the agency not by DSTA.

Does it mean i'm not really under DSTA? Am I a vendor for DSTA or is it that's how government job works. As far as I know there will be AWS but still don't know anything about bonus.

Unregistered 19-04-2019 04:02 PM

Procurement

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114847)
only procurement people went for interview already???

Hi , I recently went for the procurement interview it was quite fast , took only less than 20 mins. Hr is friendly and the interview is simple. May I know usually how long does it take for then to get back?

The area interests me alot and I am quite keen to get in :

Unregistered 19-04-2019 04:05 PM

Procurement

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114809)
Hi, I applied for the procurement role opening this Feb too. Just went for my interview.
*Fingers crossed*

Hi , may I know how long did it take for them to get back to u ?

Heard it ‘s only one round of interview, did u do the online assessment ? It was pretty hard?

How long did the interview last , did they talk abt pay ? Did u get the offer ?

Unregistered 19-04-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by visualstudio (Post 115249)
Some job agency called and told me to attend interview at DSTA for the role of Senior System Analyst for a procurement system

It's a 1 year renewable contract and my pay will be paid by the agency not by DSTA.

Does it mean i'm not really under DSTA? Am I a vendor for DSTA or is it that's how government job works. As far as I know there will be AWS but still don't know anything about bonus.

Sounds like a vendor role.

Unregistered 25-04-2019 08:47 PM

Procurement

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117298)
Hi , may I know how long did it take for them to get back to u ?

Heard it ‘s only one round of interview, did u do the online assessment ? It was pretty hard?

How long did the interview last , did they talk abt pay ? Did u get the offer ?

Yes, one round of interview. Didnt take any online assessment prior to it.

straightforward panel interview, to get to know you better and your understanding of the job

if successful, will proceed to do clearance first before offer is made.

Good luck!

Unregistered 28-07-2019 05:58 PM

Hi,

May I know how long they took for clearance before the offer was made? And did you apply for a procurement position?

Thanks in advance! :)

Unregistered 03-08-2019 11:29 AM

Any idea how long a typical g50 security clearance would take? And how does the bonus works in dsta?

pandemonium 18-08-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122380)
Any idea how long a typical g50 security clearance would take? And how does the bonus works in dsta?

G50 should take a couple of months at most. Bonus in DSTA is 2.5 for average performer, with AWS, and the other civil service bonuses(AVC, mid term). So typical annual will be ~16.5

Unregistered 18-08-2019 05:54 PM

DSTA seems like a great place to farm until retirement

Unregistered1 23-08-2019 11:51 AM

i just went for my interview ytd. There were three interviewers. The HR was quite friendly.
I did the online assessment as well, didnt finish quite a few questions due to the lack of time. However they did not mention how long they will take to get back to me and i forgot to ask as well.

Hybridingz 26-08-2019 05:55 PM

I have accepted their provisional offer for procurement position. Anyone knows how long the security clearance will take?

Hybridingz 26-08-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered1 (Post 122817)
i just went for my interview ytd. There were three interviewers. The HR was quite friendly.
I did the online assessment as well, didnt finish quite a few questions due to the lack of time. However they did not mention how long they will take to get back to me and i forgot to ask as well.

They got back to me in a little after 1 week, which position did you apply for?

Unregistered 29-08-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hybridingz (Post 122867)
I have accepted their provisional offer for procurement position. Anyone knows how long the security clearance will take?

Same situation here. Submitted my G50 on 26 Jul, accepted their provisional offer on 16 Aug but still waiting :( Can update here when yours is cleared?

Unregistered 29-08-2019 02:59 PM

ng

all the best and hv a nice day! tks

flawless94 09-09-2019 10:08 AM

Does anyone experience or in the Enterprise IT department? How is it like? E.g. culture, management etc

Unregistered 17-11-2019 11:04 AM

Is DSTA a good place to go for mech engg fresh grad?

Heard it stifles growth cuz not much to learn in terms of technical skills

Unregistered 17-11-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125119)
Heard it stifles growth cuz not much to learn in terms of technical skills

Depends if you are in software engineering or project mgmt side.

Unregistered 18-11-2019 12:22 AM

What is the equivalent pay grade of mx11a in dsta? Grade 9?

Unregistered 18-11-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125131)
Depends if you are in software engineering or project mgmt side.

Mechanical engineer wont be doing software engineering right?

Unregistered 22-11-2019 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125135)
What is the equivalent pay grade of mx11a in dsta? Grade 9?

Any HR ppl here knows?

Unregistered 25-11-2019 07:08 PM

Why is DSTA starting pay is so high? 5K for FCH

Unregistered 26-11-2019 10:07 AM

Anyone knows how DSTA annual leaves increase over the years?

Unregistered 05-01-2020 07:19 PM

I was "fooled" into joining dsta because of the high salary when I first graduated three years ago. Hoping to get out of the company now but with lack of necessary skills, employers are not keen in hiring me. I feel like I'm stuck in a blackhole.

Unregistered 05-01-2020 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127826)
I was "fooled" into joining dsta because of the high salary when I first graduated three years ago. Hoping to get out of the company now but with lack of necessary skills, employers are not keen in hiring me. I feel like I'm stuck in a blackhole.

Care to elaborate what role you are?

Unregistered 05-01-2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127833)
Care to elaborate what role you are?

I'm a project engineer, mainly working with vendors, did some simple technical studies and cost estimation.

Unregistered 05-01-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127838)
I'm a project engineer, mainly working with vendors, did some simple technical studies and cost estimation.

Wouldn't the skills gained from being a project engineer be transferable? What position are you looking for outside of DSTA?

Unregistered 06-01-2020 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127839)
Wouldn't the skills gained from being a project engineer be transferable? What position are you looking for outside of DSTA?

If you mean project management skills, yes. But technical wise, I would say no. I'm applying for data analytics roles.

Unregistered 06-01-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127844)
If you mean project management skills, yes. But technical wise, I would say no. I'm applying for data analytics roles.

Your current role is not in the same field, how do you expect the technical skills to be transferable to data analytics?

Unregistered 06-01-2020 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127826)

How much did your pay increase after these 3 years and what was your starting?

DarkFlueret 06-01-2020 10:11 PM

Pardon me if I'm asking obvious questions as I'm quite ignorant in this area. Given that I'm a fresh grad who holds a private diploma & wants to find my first job, is it even possible to get called up for an interview under DSTA or even any public agencies by sending an email to them even though they didn't list any job offers online?

At this point, I wouldn't even mind requesting for an Internship.

And if more information matters, I graduate in Cyber Security & Forensics though IT security is my stronger suit. I also hold professional certs from EC-Council too as those were the additional modules in my course.

Appreciate any helpful replies.

Unregistered 12-02-2020 11:12 PM

Inquiry on offer/rejection of dsta engineer role

Hi all,

I got called up for an interview at DSTA last Monday. Till now, I still have not have any calls or rejection pertaining to DSTA engineer role. My friend on the other hand has got an offer through a call the following day after his interview...

How long approximately will they take to offer you for the position?
And will they notify you if you are rejected for the role?

Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 15-02-2020 10:18 PM

Anyone applied for the procurement role recently?

Unregistered 17-02-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128932)
Anyone applied for the procurement role recently?

I did one month ago. You got called up for an interview?

Unregistered 18-02-2020 05:09 PM

Notice of Acceptance / Rejectance?

Hello all,

Would like to find out if the HR will send an email to notify you the outcome of the interview if you are rejected or no reply within 2 weeks implies the same?