Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 19-10-2016 12:55 PM

HELLO guys! Can I know if anyone are still waiting for interviewsome like the above guy? Mine is normal engineer.

Liberators 19-10-2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91292)
Hi can I know if it is normal for Dsta to take more than 8 weeks to reply you? Does it means I'm rejected? This is the 8th week already!

How long did they tell you to wait after the interview? My friend was told to wait for 2-4 weeks but only got called up after 2 months.

Liberators 19-10-2016 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91293)
HELLO guys! Can I know if anyone are still waiting for interviewsome like the above guy? Mine is normal engineer.

How long have you waited? I was called up for interview one month after the online application.

Unregistered 19-10-2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberators (Post 91294)
How long did they tell you to wait after the interview? My friend was told to wait for 2-4 weeks but only got called up after 2 months.

They say 8 weeks. Does it means I'm rejected? Even with a fch?

Unregistered 19-10-2016 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberators (Post 91295)
How long have you waited? I was called up for interview one month after the online application.

Hi I applied in late AUG. It's already 1 month though.

Liberators 19-10-2016 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91307)
Hi I applied in late AUG. It's already 1 month though.

In that case maybe you are not even shortlisted for the interview. Could have something to do with your honours or degree type.

Unregistered 19-10-2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91284)
Anyone went for the first round of interview recently and heard from them yet? I went for the first round on the first week of October but didn't get any reply. May I know what's the typical timeline that applicants will know the outcome of their interview and whether it's common practice for dsta to inform applicants that they are not successful? Thanks!

Hi, again. I'm the one that posted this. Surprised to see the volume of discussion on this. I'm not sure if they are not done with the first round of interview or that I'm already rejected. I was expecting government agencies to take a long time, but HR told us that we will be notified within 2 weeks after the first round. Thethe two weeks is almost up and sadly and I haven't heard from them. Hope they are still in the process of shortlisting, fingers crossed.

Liberators 19-10-2016 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91309)
Hi, again. I'm the one that posted this. Surprised to see the volume of discussion on this. I'm not sure if they are not done with the first round of interview or that I'm already rejected. I was expecting government agencies to take a long time, but HR told us that we will be notified within 2 weeks after the first round. Thethe two weeks is almost up and sadly and I haven't heard from them. Hope they are still in the process of shortlisting, fingers crossed.

Yeah but interviews are continued throughout the weeks of our notice.

Someone how i feel that it's harder for us since our panel is the non-traditional 7 man panel.

Anyways, i'll mail them next week if i still do not get a notice.

Unregistered 19-10-2016 09:42 PM

Currently working in DSTA and I've posted the timeline for recruitment (my experience) more than thrice. Do take the time to scroll to previous pages if you're really concerned..?

Applied in April, got a call for interview in end June. Unless you've received some form of notification that you're rejected, anything is still possible. Patience is key. Don't jump to conclusions.

Liberators 19-10-2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91309)

Would like to know from you also, were you asked to do any G50 clearance? Read that usually will ask to do one week after the interview but i don't have any notice to do it.

Unregistered 19-10-2016 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberators (Post 91323)
Would like to know from you also, were you asked to do any G50 clearance? Read that usually will ask to do one week after the interview but i don't have any notice to do it.

Yea, I went back to read the previous post and saw that most received instructions on G50...

Sadly, I didn't received any email or calls from them since the first round of interview...

khim22 20-10-2016 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberators (Post 91311)
Yeah but interviews are continued throughout the weeks of our notice.

Someone how i feel that it's harder for us since our panel is the non-traditional 7 man panel.

Anyways, i'll mail them next week if i still do not get a notice.

Woah really 7 people shooting questions at one interviewee? I heard from my friends it used to be 3 man panel.

Anyway, may I know what type of interview questions can I expect? I was just called up for interview next Tuesday.

Unregistered 20-10-2016 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91324)
Yea, I went back to read the previous post and saw that most received instructions on G50...

Sadly, I didn't received any email or calls from them since the first round of interview...

did u call them to check ur status after first round?

Unregistered 20-10-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91341)
did u call them to check ur status after first round?

Attended the only 1 interview with Director, Team Lead & HR 1 month back.

Received rejection email after 10 days.
Career.gov.sg also updated to "Unsuccessful".

Unregistered 20-10-2016 05:31 PM

Hi guys, any tips for the first interview? And is there 2nd interview?

Liberators 21-10-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91324)

Got the mail for submitting G50! Did you received it too?

Can only access from next Wed onwards though...?

Unregistered 21-10-2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberators (Post 91361)
Got the mail for submitting G50! Did you received it too?

Can only access from next Wed onwards though...?

Sadly, no, didn't receive yet. May I know when did you receive it and whether the email says if you were shortlisted for the next round?

Liberators 21-10-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91365)
Sadly, no, didn't receive yet. May I know when did you receive it and whether the email says if you were shortlisted for the next round?

I received it just half an hour ago at 11am. There was no mention of next round. Just "facilitate our consideration". It feels like an automated mail but sent from an actual person's email address.

Hopefully it's someone sending manual and you'll get yours soon.

Unregistered 21-10-2016 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberators (Post 91366)
I received it just half an hour ago at 11am. There was no mention of next round. Just "facilitate our consideration". It feels like an automated mail but sent from an actual person's email address.

Thanks for the reply. May I know when are you graduating?

Liberators 21-10-2016 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91381)
Thanks for the reply. May I know when are you graduating?

I have graduated. Fresh grad.

Far as i know, from the session i attended i've had another friend with me and the other interviewees all had their degree cert. That's like...4 graduates.

Unregistered 21-10-2016 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberators (Post 91382)
I have graduated. Fresh grad.

Far as i know, from the session i attended i've had another friend with me and the other interviewees all had their degree cert. That's like...4 graduates.

Thanks for always replying so promptly! I'm in my final year. Still keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully I will get a reply soon.

Unregistered 21-10-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberators (Post 91366)

Hi after interview, you receive the G50 clearance email. Does it means you are accepted and you only need to clear G50?

Unregistered 22-10-2016 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91385)
Hi after interview, you receive the G50 clearance email. Does it means you are accepted and you only need to clear G50?

Hi, may I know if you received the g50 too?

Liberators 28-10-2016 11:26 AM

Been a week since i have been here.

Since then, i have submitted my G50 and given a verbal offer for a position.

Will be signing next week.

Hope everyone else good luck for an offer soon.

Unregistered 28-10-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberators (Post 91561)
Been a week since i have been here.

Since then, i have submitted my G50 and given a verbal offer for a position.

Will be signing next week.

Hope everyone else good luck for an offer soon.

Hi! Glad you are back. I received a verbal offer this morning too :)

Unregistered 28-10-2016 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91565)
Hi! Glad you are back. I received a verbal offer this morning too :)

You received the verbal offer before completing G50? Or have you done your G50?

Unregistered 29-10-2016 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91576)
You received the verbal offer before completing G50? Or have you done your G50?

Yes, but I am graduating next year

Unregistered 12-11-2016 12:57 AM

Why are your so enthu to enter govt service upon grad as an engineer? Govt dont really do real engineering stuff

Unregistered 12-11-2016 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91944)
Why are your so enthu to enter govt service upon grad as an engineer? Govt dont really do real engineering stuff

Don't say like that lah! DSTA pays above average and economy is just turning South. Will be a few years before it starts to recover. Even if it's more project management than actual engineering, these young grads secured a job to weather the coming storm. Do you know how many people will love to be in their shoes? Just read the jobless thread and it is depressing.

Unregistered 16-11-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91945)
Don't say like that lah! DSTA pays above average and economy is just turning South. Will be a few years before it starts to recover. Even if it's more project management than actual engineering, these young grads secured a job to weather the coming storm. Do you know how many people will love to be in their shoes? Just read the jobless thread and it is depressing.

Dsta is a good job, pay package is attractive and very importantly, workload not as heavy compared to other jobs for graduates out there. Work life balance can be easily attained. Don't have to work on weekends as well.

Unregistered 16-11-2016 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92084)
Dsta is a good job, pay package is attractive and very importantly, workload not as heavy compared to other jobs for graduates out there. Work life balance can be easily attained. Don't have to work on weekends as well.

But I believe it's not easy getting in and they do only hire above average candidates

Unregistered 17-11-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

may i know which position are you undertaking in dsta?

Unregistered 19-11-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92101)
may i know which position are you undertaking in dsta?

Senior engineer

Unregistered 19-11-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92155)
Senior engineer

How long will one take to become senior engineer and how much is your annual package?

Unregistered 20-11-2016 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92166)
How long will one take to become senior engineer and how much is your annual package?

4 years
100 to 120K

Unregistered 20-11-2016 11:28 PM

if someone from private sector go into public sector i.e. DSTA, will they still consider the person's qualification or his last drawn salary for his new pay?

Unregistered 21-11-2016 01:37 AM

Run

Quote:

Am very sure you dont work there or you're a new and basic engineer.
or maybe you are just a HR troll.
It is highly stressful and demanding with lots of infighting and pushing of responsibilities.
This is a sign on job to be slave to the military.

Unregistered 21-11-2016 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92226)
It is highly stressful and demanding with lots of infighting and pushing of responsibilities.

" highly stressful and demanding with lots of infighting and pushing of responsibilities"
You just described almost every company in Singapore. Even teaching fits your description.

Unregistered 21-11-2016 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92219)
4 years
100 to 120K

from local GLC, 2.2 with NS, 8yrs relevant exp, request for annual package 96k (note that current 1st class with NS 5k already for fresh grad).

no offer

Unregistered 21-11-2016 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92226)

Don't need to bring work home over the weekend is already something quite rarely seen nowadays