Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 19-04-2016 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83948)
Hi, did you received the verbal job offer straight after the interview or did they call you few days after your interview?

I received it a few days after via phone call.

Unregistered 19-04-2016 02:29 PM

Would they notify you by phone or by email if you are rejected? It has almost been 2 weeks since my interview :/

Unregistered 19-04-2016 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83969)
Would they notify you by phone or by email if you are rejected? It has almost been 2 weeks since my interview :/

>2 weeks means rejected.

Unregistered 19-04-2016 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83976)
>2 weeks means rejected.

Are you sure? Someone here posted that he/she got his/her offer 2 months after interview thou.. Maybe he/she went to his PAP MP for advise? lolz

Unregistered 19-04-2016 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83980)
Are you sure? Someone here posted that he/she got his/her offer 2 months after interview thou.. Maybe he/she went to his PAP MP for advise? lolz

Im from NTU EEE and so far most of all of my friends has gotten their offer within 2 week after interview. yeah, so far i only heard of one guy got the offer after 2 weeks. So >2 weeks, be mentally prepared, either they are still choosing the right candidate or rejected liao.

Unregistered 19-04-2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83984)
Im from NTU EEE and so far most of all of my friends has gotten their offer within 2 week after interview. yeah, so far i only heard of one guy got the offer after 2 weeks. So >2 weeks, be mentally prepared, either they are still choosing the right candidate or rejected liao.

Anyone of them got rejected yet?

Unregistered 19-04-2016 11:52 PM

would hr notify you if you are rejected?

Unregistered 21-04-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83947)
Thanks for this piece of information. If I received verbal confirmation some time ago from the HR people but have yet to receive any official offer, should I be worried that I might still be rejected?

Unlikely they would retract an offer once they offer you, even if it was just verbal. Likely they are going through the approval process, which is notorious for being slow.
I remember when I was joining the organisation, the whole process took months!

Unregistered 21-04-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

>2 weeks means rejected.

I disagree.
As shared in my previous post, if you are outright rejected, the rejection should come swiftly. When you're made to wait, the chances of success are actually higher.
It is either you have been KIV, your name is being put up for approval or they are doing some background checks on you. All of which are all good news and not outright rejection.

Of course after all these, something may still happen e.g. background checks fail, or better candidates came for interview or application was not approved due to salary expectation too high etc...

Unregistered 21-04-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84099)
I disagree.
As shared in my previous post, if you are outright rejected, the rejection should come swiftly. When you're made to wait, the chances of success are actually higher.
It is either you have been KIV, your name is being put up for approval or they are doing some background checks on you. All of which are all good news and not outright rejection.

Of course after all these, something may still happen e.g. background checks fail, or better candidates came for interview or application was not approved due to salary expectation too high etc...

you may disagree with me, but i am telling from my experience becoz most of my friends including me received the offer within 2 week. There is a background check 'G50' after u received call from them. nope, fresh grad salary is fixed.

Unregistered 21-04-2016 03:02 PM

Yes, friends and myself received the offer on our 8th day too. Interviewees are categorised into 3 groups. People they want, people they KIV and people they outright reject. People who take a long time to received acceptance are on the KIV list, however, if you aren't rejected, there is still hope.

Unregistered 21-04-2016 06:42 PM

Its been exactly 2 weeks since my interview at DSTA for the position of procurement executive. They sent me an email requesting me to complete the G50 form the very next day. Haven't heard from them since, is it likely that I have been rejected?

Unregistered 25-04-2016 09:03 PM

Quote:

>2 weeks means rejected.

Not true. I received an offer 7 weeks after the interview.

Unregistered 25-04-2016 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84436)
Not true. I received an offer 7 weeks after the interview.

means u damn cui, out of desperation/ lack of manpower then hire u

Unregistered 29-04-2016 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82070)
DSTA no longer 4600/4200/3800, revised to 4500/4400/3800.

Source: just received job offer

with the recent news of salary adjustment for engineers in the government sector, any changes to the fresh grad salary?

Unregistered 29-04-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84653)
with the recent news of salary adjustment for engineers in the government sector, any changes to the fresh grad salary?

No news yet. Even if there is, i doubt the HR will call to inform of the adjustment.

Unregistered 29-04-2016 05:39 PM

Hi guys, to those who got shortlisted for interview, how long did you wait after you submitted the application on career@gov before you received the call for interview?

Unregistered 30-04-2016 01:51 PM

well it's up to u to believe...i was from dsta and i knew so many of those engineers/project managers who got stuck and cant move out despite wanting to

most of their skillsets are not transferable,especially those in mindef projects and mainly doing project management. not even the real hardcore enginnering

if you dun want to be still an enginner in your late 30s/40s, best to reconsider

Unregistered 30-04-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84723)
well it's up to u to believe...i was from dsta and i knew so many of those engineers/project managers who got stuck and cant move out despite wanting to

most of their skillsets are not transferable,especially those in mindef projects and mainly doing project management. not even the real hardcore enginnering

if you dun want to be still an enginner in your late 30s/40s, best to reconsider

I think u cui leh. I knew a lot of Engineers jump to mha and other ministries. And who Wants to be Engineer all the way, definitely is some management role. JUst becoz u cannot make it, don't put bad name on it. If u Wan to learn hardcore engineering, I suggest u go SME

Unregistered 30-04-2016 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84723)

so how much will dsta engineer get ? after 7-9 years working in DSTA, with average C performance through all these years (assume 2lower/2upper with NS).

Please provide your best estimate for
Basic salary after 7-9yrs = ?
Annual salary after 7-9yrs = ?

Thanks

Unregistered 01-05-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84724)
I think u cui leh. I knew a lot of Engineers jump to mha and other ministries. And who Wants to be Engineer all the way, definitely is some management role. JUst becoz u cannot make it, don't put bad name on it. If u Wan to learn hardcore engineering, I suggest u go SME

u happy can already. i was one of those who managed to jump out.

jump to other govt agencies means pay rise? lol.

i am not putting a bad name to dsta. it still is one of the better paid ones. but most get stuck after getting to senior engineer. hard truths.

Unregistered 01-05-2016 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84747)
so how much will dsta engineer get ? after 7-9 years working in DSTA, with average C performance through all these years (assume 2lower/2upper with NS).

Please provide your best estimate for
Basic salary after 7-9yrs = ?
Annual salary after 7-9yrs = ?

Thanks

C is just your typical avg performer. just multiply by 15 mth package loh

annual salary shd be between 80-90k for the average performer by the 6-7th year. better ones will touch 100k loh.

Unregistered 01-05-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84780)
u happy can already. i was one of those who managed to jump out.

jump to other govt agencies means pay rise? lol.

i am not putting a bad name to dsta. it still is one of the better paid ones. but most get stuck after getting to senior engineer. hard truths.

no lah, they jump because they want pay deduction. please use ur brain leh, no wonder u cant make it. who the fu*k will jump if pay is lower

Unregistered 02-05-2016 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84798)
no lah, they jump because they want pay deduction. please use ur brain leh, no wonder u cant make it. who the fu*k will jump if pay is lower

depends if u c long term or short term? jump for lower but better progression. will u do it?

ya la ya la i cant make it. only u can make it.

*giggles*

Unregistered 07-05-2016 12:29 PM

Anyone got a reply from hr after interview on 7th April?

Unregistered 10-05-2016 09:29 PM

Heard there is a new policy for new hires?

Unregistered 11-05-2016 11:13 AM

1 round of interview for engineering positions.

outcome of interview will be 1-2 weeks after interview.

yearly bonus confirmed at 4 mths & above, inclusive of aws.

Unregistered 11-05-2016 11:20 AM

Hi guys, just want to point out to some of the people here who have been waiting for your interview results for a long time. I went for an interview back in January and have only just gotten the offer yesterday (10/5). My advice is don't give up hope.

Unregistered 11-05-2016 11:57 AM

omg you waited for 4 months? thats crazy long mann

Unregistered 11-05-2016 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85373)
omg you waited for 4 months? thats crazy long mann

I was finishing up my studies while waiting so no harm for me.

Unregistered 11-05-2016 08:23 PM

My interview was on 7th april. No idea how long i need to wait mann

Unregistered 12-05-2016 02:55 PM

anyone has any idea how to check on the outcome of the interview or anyone to contact? thank you

Unregistered 12-05-2016 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85426)
anyone has any idea how to check on the outcome of the interview or anyone to contact? thank you

you can contact their h.r. personnel isn't it?
i'm sure the personnel would have sent you an email to arrange for interview (& to take the cubiks personality test) + a contact number.

Unregistered 12-05-2016 04:17 PM

i didnt take the personality test though. I called and she said she wasnt in charge of the selection process

Unregistered 12-05-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85431)
i didnt take the personality test though. I called and she said she wasnt in charge of the selection process

can get exempted from the personality test?

anyway, can try again - & ask if there is anyone to call / talk to regarding selection outcome.

Unregistered 12-05-2016 04:46 PM

i was only informed to go for the interview. there wasnt any mention of a personality test though

Unregistered 13-05-2016 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85371)
Hi guys, just want to point out to some of the people here who have been waiting for your interview results for a long time. I went for an interview back in January and have only just gotten the offer yesterday (10/5). My advice is don't give up hope.

Congrats! Did you find out how much they are going to offer you? Any difference after the news of increasing pay of gov engineers?

Unregistered 20-05-2016 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69039)
1st class = 4250+250(NS) = 4500
2nd upper = 4050+250(NS) = 4300
2nd lower = 3850+250(NS) = 4100

Average 3.5-4.5 mths bonus for C grade>>>is it inclusive of AWS??

this is for procurement executive or engineers ?

Unregistered 20-05-2016 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85807)
this is for procurement executive or engineers ?

dude that is last year pay scale, u wanna know 2010 pay scale?

Unregistered 20-05-2016 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82070)
DSTA no longer 4600/4200/3800, revised to 4500/4400/3800.

Source: just received job offer

this is for engineering position right ? anyone happens to know wats the payscale like for procurement executive ?