Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 30-01-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200367)
That's disappointing, it's the same as a normal year's increment

Don’t expect too much with gov job.

Unregistered 30-01-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200367)
That's disappointing, it's the same as a normal year's increment

A govt job is for stability, not high salary.

Unregistered 03-02-2022 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200082)
Your mother must be lousy to give birth to a char siew like you

pathetic dog. hahaha

Unregistered 14-02-2022 09:59 PM

DSTA engineer salary

anyone know the normal graduate engineer (nontech) pay from DSTA this year ?

Unregistered 16-02-2022 04:07 PM

Offer after interview

I interviewed back in late January for a Land Systems position but have not gotten any update since then. Does DSTA inform you even if you did not make it through? I have emailed the HR for a follow-up but there was no response as well. Does anyone know how long does it take?

Unregistered 16-02-2022 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203226)
I interviewed back in late January for a Land Systems position but have not gotten any update since then. Does DSTA inform you even if you did not make it through? I have emailed the HR for a follow-up but there was no response as well. Does anyone know how long does it take?

They took 3 weeks to reply to me

Unregistered 19-02-2022 05:18 PM

Anyone knows what's the payscale and progression like working in DSTA as an engineer? Recently got offered but with a local uni 2:2 degree. Heard this place is more of project management?

Unregistered 19-02-2022 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203699)
Anyone knows what's the payscale and progression like working in DSTA as an engineer? Recently got offered but with a local uni 2:2 degree. Heard this place is more of project management?

yes, mainly project management. Are you a fresh grad? Mind sharing how much you were offered and how many YOE?

Unregistered 20-02-2022 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203704)
yes, mainly project management. Are you a fresh grad? Mind sharing how much you were offered and how many YOE?

Doing programming as a engineer though, although I’ve heard that there may be overlapping responsibilities with project management. Currently a fresh grad (which means no YOE lol), and was offered 4.9k. Got any idea on what’s the pay scale and progression like in DSTA?

Unregistered 24-02-2022 09:02 AM

"based on performance"
some people get C grade every year until they dont want to work harder bc wont get more. the grading v. opaque.

promotion has seniority requirements even if your grades good
minimum 2yr, 4yr, 8(?)yr before they promote even if you are qualified. apply for technical proficiency level was told i was 'too young'
but promote also just flat few hundred more, its the max increase only (if you stuck at junior for 10+ year your salary will cap). have seen incompetent ppl get promote just by being ... senior.

and yes, scholar given more opportunities. and work like dog for entire bond period. half zao, half doing well.

many just treat PS/CS job for what it is lah. good for having family, good for stability