Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 06-12-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192716)
I'm a female working in statboard and even I have to admit that females have a 2 year career headstart over males. There's a reason why employers always call it "NS liability", not "NS advantage".

Try harder to act a female. No female I have spoken to in this 10 years think that they have a headstart.

Unregistered 06-12-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192716)
I'm a female working in statboard and even I have to admit that females have a 2 year career headstart over males. There's a reason why employers always call it "NS liability", not "NS advantage".

Eh, if it is a liability but why my male colleagues everytime go reservist so happy? Like go holiday? Or maybe because government job supportive of reservist? Some told me they took it as off loading work and i totally agreed with them. The liability in government sector is less felt compared to private.

Unregistered 06-12-2021 10:36 PM

now fighting NS is liability anot? hehe

Unregistered 07-12-2021 11:32 AM

NS is a privilege. You should feel honored to serve your country. Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

Unregistered 11-12-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192666)
I didn't serve, in fact, I signed on for a few years but when I left to join the public sector, HR don't recognise my years in the force. So it is not about females signing on so to enjoy same benefits, it is whether government want to recognise females serving. If you think that NS will let you lose out to your female counterparts, don't bother to join public service, just go private because you don't need those benefits.

Public sector compensated you and you kp, never compensate you also kp. Go change sex la. Lol

You are confusing NS conscript vs own’s decision to sign on. Males can also choose to sign on like you and if they left to join public sector, HR may not also recognise the males’ years in the force. The reason is because the years of sign-on in the force is not relevant experience to the job in public sector and not because HR deliberately ignore years in the force simply because you are female.

For NS conscript, males are required by LAW to serve about 2 years. Females are not. If females want equality then they should approach their MPs to ask parliament to make it a law for NS conscript for females.

Unregistered 11-12-2021 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192789)
NS is a privilege. You should feel honored to serve your country. Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

Then why don't you pay the regulars $480 per month and see how many will still stay for "honor" and "loyalty"? Money talks unless your laopeh is Secret Lab CEO, then you can don't need to care about salary.

Unregistered 12-12-2021 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193413)
Then why don't you pay the regulars $480 per month and see how many will still stay for "honor" and "loyalty"? Money talks unless your laopeh is Secret Lab CEO, then you can don't need to care about salary.

Actually I don't mind getting paid $480 per month if I was allowed to be corrupt. If I really wanted to obtain kickbacks from the vendors I manage and receive gifts in exchange for favorable contracts with the system integrators, that would allow me to earn more than what I currently do.

Unregistered 30-12-2021 02:59 AM

Anyone know what the salary range is for senior procurement executive is right now?
Kind of curious because heard a range from a few people that seems to be lower then last time.

Got 2 sources (all is like friend of friend of friend so cannot confirm):
2nd Upper/Distinction - Offered 3.4k
Pass - Offered 3.2k

Quite strange because I see the old post (granted is like May 2020) they say second upper offer is 3.8k. With the toxic workload and also inflation, by right salary should be increasing?
3.2k is also really low for a fresh uni grad in my opinion?

Don't need to add on about terrible work culture, i already told my source about this forum, whether the information is communicated back to the original person who was offered idk, i tried.

Unregistered 05-01-2022 06:32 PM

Pay increment?

May I ask on avg what's the pay increment and progression for engineer role in digitalizaiton? I saw fresh grad gets around 4.9-5.3k. What'll be the yearly increment on avg?

Unregistered 05-01-2022 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196507)
May I ask on avg what's the pay increment and progression for engineer role in digitalizaiton? I saw fresh grad gets around 4.9-5.3k. What'll be the yearly increment on avg?

150 invrement a year