Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 05-12-2021 12:49 AM

Gurls should serve too Fair lio lor

Unregistered 05-12-2021 12:43 PM

Hi, any datapoint for a senior manager in a support function?

Unregistered 05-12-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192510)
Hi, I wld just like to rant abt some inequalities I feel there are at DSTA, and please share with me if anyone has views on this.

1. Pay differentiation with class of honours
Some people have high GPAs that are above 4.5 but did not take up FYPs, and are thus given only second uppers pay. And even though DSTA is always quoted to give high pay according to glassdoor reviews, it seems like the base pay is only ~4.9k to 5k for second uppers, which is WAY lower than mean/median pay for some degrees like those in computing according to GES 2020. I think we definitely deserve higher pay.

2. Gender differentiation
There are many guys at DSTA and the male-to-female proportion seems high. The guys get additional pay for NS, which is reasonable, but also 'unreasonable' in a sense when we compare to other companies in the private sector. Guys working in the private sector may not get such additional monthly pay just because they went to NS for 2 years, so why this difference in DSTA? I feel that females would not have to suffer from this 'unfair pay difference' if they had worked in the private sector instead

Also, the higher-ups tend to be male-dominated, so females may not see a future in career progression here.

Start campaigning for 2 years NS for females to ensure that you get the same benefits as guys. Let's see if you really walk the talk on equality. :o

Unregistered 05-12-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192591)
Start campaigning for 2 years NS for females to ensure that you get the same benefits as guys. Let's see if you really walk the talk on equality. :o

I dont know if any of your HR told you that NS is considered as 2 years working experience and counted in when they generate package for a males. As such, they usually offer higher package as to female and also because of that, completing a 3 years in public service reward you with the one off merit incentive for 5 years service award.

I have seen many male colleagues who have only 4 years working experience, but because HR counted in that 2 years NS, they ended up getting a package that a female with 10-12 years working experience then can get. This is widely known in public service. If the guys dont believe, they can go ask their female counterparts to verify with their package to see.

Unregistered 06-12-2021 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192645)
I dont know if any of your HR told you that NS is considered as 2 years working experience and counted in when they generate package for a males. As such, they usually offer higher package as to female and also because of that, completing a 3 years in public service reward you with the one off merit incentive for 5 years service award.

I have seen many male colleagues who have only 4 years working experience, but because HR counted in that 2 years NS, they ended up getting a package that a female with 10-12 years working experience then can get. This is widely known in public service. If the guys dont believe, they can go ask their female counterparts to verify with their package to see.

If it bothers u so much, then just go private sector instead of whining non stop. Everyone already mentioned abt females having extra 2 years of salary big advantage but it just can’t sink into your head for some unknown reasons. U can choose to serve NS too if u think it’s a massive advantage.

Unregistered 06-12-2021 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192645)

Then why don't you enlist and serve 2 years NS to get the benefit too? :o

Unregistered 06-12-2021 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192665)
Then why don't you enlist and serve 2 years NS to get the benefit too? :o

I didn't serve, in fact, I signed on for a few years but when I left to join the public sector, HR don't recognise my years in the force. So it is not about females signing on so to enjoy same benefits, it is whether government want to recognise females serving. If you think that NS will let you lose out to your female counterparts, don't bother to join public service, just go private because you don't need those benefits.

Public sector compensated you and you kp, never compensate you also kp. Go change sex la. Lol

Unregistered 06-12-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192666)
I didn't serve, in fact, I signed on for a few years but when I left to join the public sector, HR don't recognise my years in the force. So it is not about females signing on so to enjoy same benefits, it is whether government want to recognise females serving. If you think that NS will let you lose out to your female counterparts, don't bother to join public service, just go private because you don't need those benefits.

Public sector compensated you and you kp, never compensate you also kp. Go change sex la. Lol

Really talk cock. The other poster didn't even talk about males losing out to females. Of course govt will recognize females who serve NS. Since you like sex change so much, you can sew your cb and attach a dick to show the HR.

Unregistered 06-12-2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192666)

I'm a female working in statboard and even I have to admit that females have a 2 year career headstart over males. There's a reason why employers always call it "NS liability", not "NS advantage".

Unregistered 06-12-2021 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192716)
I'm a female working in statboard and even I have to admit that females have a 2 year career headstart over males. There's a reason why employers always call it "NS liability", not "NS advantage".

yes if the lady is a good performer, she would have 2 years of showing to the bosses her potential thus the trajectory can be earlier established than the guy