Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 15-10-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186470)
that's wierd, did they lower the pay grade for the next FY?

or is it cause im female

Unregistered 20-10-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186492)
or is it cause im female

oh yeah it's one of those ******** things. The girls get lesser pay citing that the guys have "more experience" due to NS. It's a... real issue in the government sector...

Unregistered 21-10-2021 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187192)
oh yeah it's one of those ******** things. The girls get lesser pay citing that the guys have "more experience" due to NS. It's a... real issue in the government sector...

I would rather get that few hundred dollars less pay and not have to serve NS

Unregistered 08-11-2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187263)
I would rather get that few hundred dollars less pay and not have to serve NS

nah, you wont say that when you have calculated that extra money (~400-500) accumulated per year, including bonuses. the extra money that guy are getting affects them a long way, maybe forever if they stay in PS/CS. that's the very advantage you get for 2 years NS. Females almost never can go ahead of you in terms of money unless she is a scholar..coming from a female myself and have been in PS/CS for years.

Unregistered 08-11-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189426)
nah, you wont say that when you have calculated that extra money (~400-500) accumulated per year, including bonuses. the extra money that guy are getting affects them a long way, maybe forever if they stay in PS/CS. that's the very advantage you get for 2 years NS. Females almost never can go ahead of you in terms of money unless she is a scholar..coming from a female myself and have been in PS/CS for years.

my ~400-500 is per month extra, then after that, you calculate at a 15-16 months package annually, you will see how much more. When you get promoted, or the annual increment is calculated in percentage, it just keeps piling up YoY.

Unregistered 08-11-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Only matters if you are staying in civil service for > 10 years. For the typical hire, they're only there for 3 to 4 years before moving on to private sector.

Unregistered 08-11-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189431)
Only matters if you are staying in civil service for > 10 years. For the typical hire, they're only there for 3 to 4 years before moving on to private sector.

But the higher starting pay already put you on the upper edge when you wan to ask for more at private, or unless you are willing to get lesser to go private, i am quite sure if private cannot match, no one will jump.

Unregistered 08-11-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

After reading a few of these posts, I think you haven't consider the fact that females would start work 2 years earlier, i.e. a female at age 25 would earn 2 years of salary more than a guy at age 25. Not to forget from there would be possibly increment when you work from age 23 to age 25.

Of course, I haven't do any intense calculations, so I dare not say in the end long run which gender would earn more/less etc, but hopefully you can understand the above point.

Unregistered 09-11-2021 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189428)
my ~400-500 is per month extra, then after that, you calculate at a 15-16 months package annually, you will see how much more. When you get promoted, or the annual increment is calculated in percentage, it just keeps piling up YoY.

Did u forget that females start work earlier by 2 years? I am sure the 2 years of extra salary compounded over the next 40 years when invested. Also females will still get annual increments and likely to have higher pay than the guy who enter workfare at 25.

Female at 23 years old 3600. Gets 250 annually = $4100 at age 25 (and 2 years of savings head start)
VS
Male who enters workforce at 25 with NS factor = 3600 + 300 (NS) = $3900

Now tell me who is at the losing end?

Unregistered 09-11-2021 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189449)
Did u forget that females start work earlier by 2 years? I am sure the 2 years of extra salary compounded over the next 40 years when invested. Also females will still get annual increments and likely to have higher pay than the guy who enter workfare at 25.

Female at 23 years old 3600. Gets 250 annually = $4100 at age 25 (and 2 years of savings head start)
VS
Male who enters workforce at 25 with NS factor = 3600 + 300 (NS) = $3900

Now tell me who is at the losing end?

Hello, the annual increment is not even 250. And the guys don't get just 300. All my male colleagues joined after uni infact ended up get higher than female degree holder who joined 2 years earlier. You can ask around from the local degree males in PS and CS. I am sure of that because i went through it and saw so many examples. If you don't believe, just join the PS and CS. For some males, their promotion increment percentage were even higher, and because they took into their 2 years, after working 3 more years they already considered 5 years in PS. Guys were never be shortchanged in terms of benefits. That is the facts.