Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   HDB (under MND) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1790-housing-development-board-under-mnd.html)

Unregistered 14-08-2015 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71514)
i heard someone got it within a few hours, that person must be zai.

could be, if he is the last person who is being interviewed for the day and still got few hours before then end of the day.

Unregistered 01-09-2015 09:39 AM

Does anyone have rough information on how the PB, AWS and etc is like? how many month bonus can one expect for a single year?

Also what is the salary increment like?

Unregistered 16-09-2015 12:07 AM

Estate Executive

Hey, anyone able to give more insight of the post Estate Executive? Such as the details, pros and cons etc. And what are the future prospects if we decide to move on from there? Thanks in advance :)

Unregistered 03-10-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72661)
Hey, anyone able to give more insight of the post Estate Executive? Such as the details, pros and cons etc. And what are the future prospects if we decide to move on from there? Thanks in advance :)

estate executives are located in the branch offices around singapore. No guarantee that you will be assigned to the one nearest to your house, but should be somewhere nearby. From what I know, their work is mostly technical, and they keep going around the estate to meet residents and check if got any defects.

Unregistered 03-10-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72179)
Does anyone have rough information on how the PB, AWS and etc is like? how many month bonus can one expect for a single year?

Also what is the salary increment like?

I think all govt agencies follow the public service's guidelines. Pb depends on ur performance lor. How much are you expecting?

Unregistered 04-10-2015 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73391)
I think all govt agencies follow the public service's guidelines. Pb depends on ur performance lor. How much are you expecting?

Looking at 2 to 3 months bonus? For both aws and pb and other bonus. So total is 14 to 15 month per year.

For increment, i am hoping for 3% increment bah.

Hope i am not unrealistic to my thinking

Unregistered 10-10-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73417)
Looking at 2 to 3 months bonus? For both aws and pb and other bonus. So total is 14 to 15 month per year.

Wah I think your expectation is too low! typically is about 5% increment across public sector. Annual salary of 14 months no prob la. Already got 13th month. Unless performance damn lousy loh

Unregistered 10-10-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73598)
Wah I think your expectation is too low! typically is about 5% increment across public sector. Annual salary of 14 months no prob la. Already got 13th month. Unless performance damn lousy loh

Not really. For youngsters yes increments tend to be higher at 4-6%, but as you get older & approach late 30s or early 40s, it is very normal to get <3% because your pay is consider high in the range for your grade.

Unregistered 10-10-2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73598)

I base on my previous job increment, ard 3%. So i tot will be that rate. It is good to heard that it will be ard 5% hahaha. Cause i first year mah, so i tot will be lower since not as productive as other staff

Unregistered 10-10-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73608)
Not really. For youngsters yes increments tend to be higher at 4-6%, but as you get older & approach late 30s or early 40s, it is very normal to get <3% because your pay is consider high in the range for your grade.

Yea if near salary celling than should be low and should concentrate on getting more bonus. For me i consider youngster bah, in my 20s

Unregistered 10-10-2015 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73610)
Yea if near salary celling than should be low and should concentrate on getting more bonus. For me i consider youngster bah, in my 20s

If you are that young should think big like how to get into big MNCs, pick up niche skills, get big promotions, build up professional network etc. Why get so hung up over whether is 3 or 5% pathetic increment every year or 14 or 15 months package... This kind of retirement mentality is not what a 20+ year old should be thinking.

Unregistered 11-10-2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73615)
If you are that young should think big like how to get into big MNCs, pick up niche skills, get big promotions, build up professional network etc. Why get so hung up over whether is 3 or 5% pathetic increment every year or 14 or 15 months package... This kind of retirement mentality is not what a 20+ year old should be thinking.

Different ppl have diff objective. Some maybe hunger for progression but some rather to have it stable. And why hung up on MNC? Next time u get retrench at 40s u will definitely regret but of course u may succeed but how many ppl can succeed in private? Im the end, its up to individual. I am from both public(past) amd private (present), both have thwir pros and cons

Unregistered 11-10-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73417)

are you under MX scheme? if yes, all your wish will definitely be granted! Probably you will get 15/16 months and above.. 3% is an avg unless your performance is really bad.

Unregistered 14-10-2015 08:00 PM

Commercial properties manager

How is the salary for the above role for local fresh grad?
Easy to get the role?
Prospects?

Unregistered 16-10-2015 08:27 PM

???????????

Unregistered 14-12-2015 09:19 PM

Working in HDB or LTA better?
Back end job, fresh grad degree post in finance

Unregistered 14-12-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76845)
Working in HDB or LTA better?
Back end job, fresh grad degree post in finance

Same qns as above.

Want to know in terms or workload, benefits, work life balance etc.

Unregistered 16-12-2015 11:40 PM

Actually u all like that ask not correct. Even within the stat board/min, different department will have diff styles, standards. Not all departments and divisions are equal and have the same workload. Also , between job grade or level also have diff workload.

So u all ask about work life balance all these, dun expect accurate answer.

Unregistered 19-12-2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76925)
Actually u all like that ask not correct. Even within the stat board/min, different department will have diff styles, standards. Not all departments and divisions are equal and have the same workload. Also , between job grade or level also have diff workload.

So u all ask about work life balance all these, dun expect accurate answer.

Very good advice

Unregistered 24-12-2015 07:35 AM

HDB or LTA?

HDB, in the words of the minister, 'makes millions of dollars in losses every financial year and has to be bailed out by MND yearly' while LTA is generally a self-funding stat board (think of the amount of ERP and COE $ they collect).

LTA's flexi benefits like their transport card is slightly better. My friend at HDB laments that most people get stagnant for years. Anw the final decision is up to you la. Assuming that you're working in the HQ building, both agencies are more or less within the central area.

Sanlander 22-03-2016 11:19 AM

Applying to CRG

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68080)
Whatever it is, just don't ever go into Community Relations Group. It's a boliao place, whole day play politics only. Morale is very bad there, the turn over rate is very high

Can I know you mean overall the whole CRG is politics place? I was thinking of applying TC post though... jia lat liao.

Unregistered 25-03-2016 01:15 AM

everywhere all politics lah.

Unregistered 28-03-2016 08:38 AM

How much more is a fresh graduate with ns paid than female?

Unregistered 21-05-2016 11:23 AM

Hdb accountant

May i enquire how's the workload and working culture for an accountant at hdb? OT required? Thanks!

Unregistered 25-05-2016 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85868)
May i enquire how's the workload and working culture for an accountant at hdb? OT required? Thanks!

I heard they do not have to work beyond 8pm most of the times. Have you got a call up from HDB?

Unregistered 25-05-2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86195)
I heard they do not have to work beyond 8pm most of the times. Have you got a call up from HDB?

Nopes, i just applied. Thanks!
8pm sounds late...

Unregistered 04-08-2016 05:24 PM

How long does Hdb take to offer job after final interview?

Unregistered 24-08-2016 04:27 PM

Around 2 weeks to a month+ or so..

Unregistered 29-08-2016 09:36 PM

I submitted an application in June but haven't even got a call till now. Status still remain as "submitted" in the job portal. Issit time to move on?

Unregistered 30-08-2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89982)
I submitted an application in June but haven't even got a call till now. Status still remain as "submitted" in the job portal. Issit time to move on?

They usually call 2 weeks after deadline

Unregistered 23-09-2016 10:41 AM

Hdb positions

Anybody got call up for HDB interview?

For estate manager opening, Human Resource Manager and Customer Relations Manager?

The wait is killing recently and went for interview.

Unregistered 26-09-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90632)
Anybody got call up for HDB interview?

For estate manager opening, Human Resource Manager and Customer Relations Manager?

The wait is killing recently and went for interview.

When did u apply?? Hw long after closing date did they call u for the interview??

Unregistered 26-09-2016 11:06 PM

HDB Interview

I applied on july 25 for Estate Manager.

Till now no call. Status is in progress.

Unregistered 27-09-2016 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90720)
I applied on july 25 for Estate Manager.

Till now no call. Status is in progress.

I just applied last week. Closing date is tml. Hope they call me up for interview. Gd luck to you as well!!

Unregistered 06-10-2016 06:40 PM

Working at hdb

Wah I'm working there now and day by day I wanna get out.
It's really bad in here unless you love monotone stuff. Yes. Everyday we go through the same old routine without improving. Being estate managers are only befitting in terms of the designation name, but you have no men under you as your job scope is different from the estate executives. You also need to coordinate with them and see their face Color to facilitate things. Don't expect sweet 8-530 jobs, no EMs go back early at all. Cdg aka your hr peeps fare even worse in terms of work life balance. But on the bright side if it's your first job, you get a marked up salary as compared to the private sector. And once you tanked the workload here, nothing outside fazes you anymore. That's if you can get a job quoting whatever you do in Hdb as relevant experience. Good luck.

saiyan2005 11-10-2016 04:24 PM

Anyone got called uo for interview for accountant post this week??

Unregistered 12-10-2016 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90978)
Wah I'm working there now and day by day I wanna get out.
It's really bad in here unless you love monotone stuff. Yes. Everyday we go through the same old routine without impqroving. Being estate managers are only befitting in terms of the designation name, but you have no men under you as your job scope is different from the estate executives. You also need to coordinate with them and see their face Color to facilitate things. Don't expect sweet 8-530 jobs, no EMs go back early at all. Cdg aka your hr peeps fare even worse in terms of work life balance. But on the bright side if it's your first job, you get a marked up salary as compared to the private sector. And once you tanked the workload here, nothing outside fazes you anymore. That's if you can get a job quoting whatever you do in Hdb as relevant experience. Good luck.

Wow really that bad? Makes me glad I rejected their offer. Honestly it's a giant flashing red flag when I see that position always being advertised. It's always the same few I.E. estate manager, customer relations manager that got vacancies. Wonder if the job is so good, why turnover so high...

Unregistered 19-10-2016 08:22 PM

HDB accountant

Quote:

Originally Posted by saiyan2005 (Post 91106)
Anyone got called uo for interview for accountant post this week??

Hey i got called up this week for an interview next week! Any idea what to expect for an accountant role in HDB? thanks!

saiyan2005 19-10-2016 08:24 PM

May i noe when did u apply and ur status in career@gov??

Unregistered 19-10-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saiyan2005 (Post 91314)
May i noe when did u apply and ur status in career@gov??

I applied on 19 Sep, status is in process