Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   HDB (under MND) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1790-housing-development-board-under-mnd.html)

Unregistered 18-02-2015 10:18 AM

Period before getting called for Interview

I've applied through Careers@Gov on 2 February and was advised to wait for 3 weeks before getting some information. Would like to know generally how long does one gets to be called up for interview.

I'm a 2nd Upper applying for Estate Manager post as well.

Unregistered 18-02-2015 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62972)
I've applied through Careers@Gov on 2 February and was advised to wait for 3 weeks before getting some information. Would like to know generally how long does one gets to be called up for interview.

I'm a 2nd Upper applying for Estate Manager post as well.

what major are you?

Unregistered 18-02-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62974)
what major are you?

Mechanical Design Engineering

Unregistered 18-02-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62977)
Mechanical Design Engineering

ok that time i applied for estate manager. it took 3 weeks for them to give me back a call for interview. interview was 1 week later. 1 round only the interview. my friend made it and i didnt.

all the best for ur application...

Unregistered 23-02-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62989)
ok that time i applied for estate manager. it took 3 weeks for them to give me back a call for interview. interview was 1 week later. 1 round only the interview. my friend made it and i didnt.

all the best for ur application...

Thanks for the advice! :)

Unregistered 10-03-2015 02:19 PM

any chance of a third class making it into the role of estate manager? i'm majoring in mechanical engineering

Unregistered 15-03-2015 07:38 AM

Can anyone share how's the interview like for estate manger ?

Unregistered 15-03-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64146)
Can anyone share how's the interview like for estate manger ?

u got an interview? when did u apply?

Sg2015 15-03-2015 09:54 PM

Accountant role in HDB

Hi all,

May I know if anyone has any insights of accountants in HDB I.e. the scope, team size, and progression etc?

Thank you in advance for sharing.

Unregistered 21-03-2015 01:16 AM

Working in HDB

For the post of estate manager, it is quite a general position so even if you only have a degree and no honours, I believe you can apply and get the job.

Usually for estate manager position, you may want to read the description. You are likely to be doing a more Ops or frontline job either at the Branch Office or HQ. They would be interested to know if you can handle customers especially if it is a frontline position. It is useful if you are able to write well because you may have to write replies to customers often too.

Life is good here, the people are overall nice and friendly. In a way, the atmosphere is quite family-like. Some here said that HDB people have no ambition.. I just feel that we do our job as best we can and not that interested in backstabbing or climbing the corporate ladder. There are definitely scholars around who will automatically get better pay grades and positions much faster than you but we all know non-scholars dont even need to try fighting with them.. so why not just zen and not stress ourselves too much?

Depending on where you work at, you may need to work saturdays or you may end up having to do OT. Still, I say depends mainly on your efficiency. I have many colleagues who leave on the dot. Work-life balance is always on our minds.. even if we may not be able to always attain it.

Career progression is alright. As a non-honors degree holder, I feel that I have gotten decent increments and bonuses. Generally, if you're an average worker, you ll probably receive around a total of 2.5 to 3 months of bonus (including 13th month), but if you do better than average, you may receive up to 5 months or more (including 13th month).

Location of HDB HQ is excellent in TPY, work is okay, people are very nice, also we have a "clubhouse" at the TPY interchange where there's a cafe, a tiny arcade, an exercise studio, a gym, and badminton courts. We also have most of our training courses there on another level.

I really think we have it alright here in HDB.

Unregistered 21-03-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64388)
For the post of estate manager, it is quite a general position so even if you only have a degree and no honours, I believe you can apply and get the job.

Usually for estate manager position, you may want to read the description. You are likely to be doing a more Ops or frontline job either at the Branch Office or HQ. They would be interested to know if you can handle customers especially if it is a frontline position. It is useful if you are able to write well because you may have to write replies to customers often too.

Life is good here, the people are overall nice and friendly. In a way, the atmosphere is quite family-like. Some here said that HDB people have no ambition.. I just feel that we do our job as best we can and not that interested in backstabbing or climbing the corporate ladder. There are definitely scholars around who will automatically get better pay grades and positions much faster than you but we all know non-scholars dont even need to try fighting with them.. so why not just zen and not stress ourselves too much?

Depending on where you work at, you may need to work saturdays or you may end up having to do OT. Still, I say depends mainly on your efficiency. I have many colleagues who leave on the dot. Work-life balance is always on our minds.. even if we may not be able to always attain it.

Career progression is alright. As a non-honors degree holder, I feel that I have gotten decent increments and bonuses. Generally, if you're an average worker, you ll probably receive around a total of 2.5 to 3 months of bonus (including 13th month), but if you do better than average, you may receive up to 5 months or more (including 13th month).

Location of HDB HQ is excellent in TPY, work is okay, people are very nice, also we have a "clubhouse" at the TPY interchange where there's a cafe, a tiny arcade, an exercise studio, a gym, and badminton courts. We also have most of our training courses there on another level.

I really think we have it alright here in HDB.

I'm currently in a ministry and planning to apply for HDB estate manager position. I'm 32 this year, no NS, second lower hons.

Civil service bonus is around 4-5 months - including 13th month, PB, mid year CS bonus and end year CS bonus.

How is HDB's bonus structure like? Would like to better understand HDB's annual package structure because the bonus which you've mentioned seems quite different from CS. Thanks!

Unregistered 03-06-2015 11:44 AM

Just to check, is system analyst a perm job or a contract job?

happygal 09-06-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67577)
Just to check, is system analyst a perm job or a contract job?

Now all positions at HDB start out as contract staff first, the contract can either be renewed or convert to permanent placement.

Unregistered 09-06-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happygal (Post 67864)
Now all positions at HDB start out as contract staff first, the contract can either be renewed or convert to permanent placement.

tats scary, later if didnt kena renew how ar?

happygal 09-06-2015 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67870)
tats scary, later if didnt kena renew how ar?

Dun worry lar, usually can be renewed unless u screw up big time hahahahha

Unregistered 12-06-2015 11:48 PM

Rapetinga

Whatever it is, just don't ever go into Community Relations Group. It's a boliao place, whole day play politics only. Morale is very bad there, the turn over rate is very high

gate88 13-06-2015 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happygal (Post 67908)
Dun worry lar, usually can be renewed unless u screw up big time hahahahha

Just hope that I can change to perm because I aim to work long term in HDB :D

gate88 13-06-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68080)
Whatever it is, just don't ever go into Community Relations Group. It's a boliao place, whole day play politics only. Morale is very bad there, the turn over rate is very high

turn over rate very high? wow....

happygal 13-06-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gate88 (Post 68087)
Just hope that I can change to perm because I aim to work long term in HDB :D

Going for an interview? Anyway good luck!

gate88 16-06-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happygal (Post 68122)
Going for an interview? Anyway good luck!

yea, hope i can get in! are you working in HDB?

Unregistered 17-06-2015 11:05 AM

HDB is a good place to retire, but work can be really dry & boring after 10 years.

Unregistered 17-06-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68477)
HDB is a good place to retire, but work can be really dry & boring after 10 years.

work anywhere for 10 years confirm dry and boring de mah lol.

I saw their facilities, like very good sia. got gym, court and etc. the area there also not bad leh, quite centralize

Unregistered 17-06-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68478)
work anywhere for 10 years confirm dry and boring de mah lol.

I saw their facilities, like very good sia. got gym, court and etc. the area there also not bad leh, quite centralize

Not really. HDB is a place which people really stay in the same job hardly any rotation and most jobs are really monotonous compared to other places like LTA, STB, BCA etc.

Things like gym, court etc really is irrelevant. Come on, how much it cost to enter a SSC gym, $2.50? If you buy membership even cheaper still. Care more about the job and career prospect.

gate88 17-06-2015 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68479)
Not really. HDB is a place which people really stay in the same job hardly any rotation and most jobs are really monotonous compared to other places like LTA, STB, BCA etc.

Things like gym, court etc really is irrelevant. Come on, how much it cost to enter a SSC gym, $2.50? If you buy membership even cheaper still. Care more about the job and career prospect.

wow, you worked in so many agencies before?

Unregistered 09-07-2015 03:39 PM

Just to check, is it possible to go for courses or training (courses that I wish to take) during my first year of work? (contract staff)

Because all new staff starts off with contract, so wondering can we start going for courses during the first year or have to wait until we become perm?

Unregistered 10-07-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69697)
Just to check, is it possible to go for courses or training (courses that I wish to take) during my first year of work? (contract staff)

Because all new staff starts off with contract, so wondering can we start going for courses during the first year or have to wait until we become perm?

Dun tink u can choose ur own private courses. But 1 thing for sure, HDB will have so many courses for u to take until u have no time for other courses! haha..

They have "People Developer" awards so every staff need to clock courses every year. Of course each type of courses are catered for different job scope. Eg. if you are front line staff, u will probably take language courses, Service quality etc etc.

Unregistered 10-07-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69715)
Dun tink u can choose ur own private courses. But 1 thing for sure, HDB will have so many courses for u to take until u have no time for other courses! haha..

They have "People Developer" awards so every staff need to clock courses every year. Of course each type of courses are catered for different job scope. Eg. if you are front line staff, u will probably take language courses, Service quality etc etc.

That's good! hahaha.

Dont really need to be a private course, as long as it is related to my scope or interest is ok

gate88 11-07-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69715)

Just curious, do they provide certification course like ITIL, PMP and etc?

Unregistered 13-07-2015 05:38 AM

Anybody got any replies from them regarding the system analyst post? Had applied and been waiting for quite some time already..

Unregistered 13-07-2015 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69850)
Anybody got any replies from them regarding the system analyst post? Had applied and been waiting for quite some time already..

they conduct interview, i think once per month.

Unregistered 23-07-2015 05:22 PM

Anyone gotten the System analyst position yet?

Unregistered 23-07-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70436)
Anyone gotten the System analyst position yet?

Yup I gotten

Unregistered 23-07-2015 09:53 PM

Yup me too. Gotten it.

Unregistered 24-07-2015 04:54 PM

Hows the pay like? <4K or >4K?

Unregistered 24-07-2015 05:08 PM

Hi all, does HDB accept degrees from SIM Global education? I 'm a fresh Grad from University of Wollongong and would like to apply there.

Unregistered 24-07-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70495)
Hows the pay like? <4K or >4K?

it's depending on qualification and experience. second upper still less than 4k, but with experience might hit 4k with second upper. If fresh grad, only FCH can get 4K++

Unregistered 04-08-2015 05:14 PM

How long did it take HDB to offer, from the final interview?

Unregistered 04-08-2015 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71027)
How long did it take HDB to offer, from the final interview?

shld be very fast, one or two days

Unregistered 05-08-2015 11:40 AM

I got it a week later.

Unregistered 14-08-2015 04:06 PM

i heard someone got it within a few hours, that person must be zai.