Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   HDB (under MND) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1790-housing-development-board-under-mnd.html)

Unregistered 10-10-2015 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73610)
Yea if near salary celling than should be low and should concentrate on getting more bonus. For me i consider youngster bah, in my 20s

If you are that young should think big like how to get into big MNCs, pick up niche skills, get big promotions, build up professional network etc. Why get so hung up over whether is 3 or 5% pathetic increment every year or 14 or 15 months package... This kind of retirement mentality is not what a 20+ year old should be thinking.

Unregistered 11-10-2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73615)
If you are that young should think big like how to get into big MNCs, pick up niche skills, get big promotions, build up professional network etc. Why get so hung up over whether is 3 or 5% pathetic increment every year or 14 or 15 months package... This kind of retirement mentality is not what a 20+ year old should be thinking.

Different ppl have diff objective. Some maybe hunger for progression but some rather to have it stable. And why hung up on MNC? Next time u get retrench at 40s u will definitely regret but of course u may succeed but how many ppl can succeed in private? Im the end, its up to individual. I am from both public(past) amd private (present), both have thwir pros and cons

Unregistered 11-10-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73417)
Looking at 2 to 3 months bonus? For both aws and pb and other bonus. So total is 14 to 15 month per year.

For increment, i am hoping for 3% increment bah.

Hope i am not unrealistic to my thinking

are you under MX scheme? if yes, all your wish will definitely be granted! Probably you will get 15/16 months and above.. 3% is an avg unless your performance is really bad.

Unregistered 14-10-2015 08:00 PM

Commercial properties manager

How is the salary for the above role for local fresh grad?
Easy to get the role?
Prospects?

Unregistered 16-10-2015 08:27 PM

???????????

Unregistered 14-12-2015 09:19 PM

Working in HDB or LTA better?
Back end job, fresh grad degree post in finance

Unregistered 14-12-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76845)
Working in HDB or LTA better?
Back end job, fresh grad degree post in finance

Same qns as above.

Want to know in terms or workload, benefits, work life balance etc.

Unregistered 16-12-2015 11:40 PM

Actually u all like that ask not correct. Even within the stat board/min, different department will have diff styles, standards. Not all departments and divisions are equal and have the same workload. Also , between job grade or level also have diff workload.

So u all ask about work life balance all these, dun expect accurate answer.

Unregistered 19-12-2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76925)
Actually u all like that ask not correct. Even within the stat board/min, different department will have diff styles, standards. Not all departments and divisions are equal and have the same workload. Also , between job grade or level also have diff workload.

So u all ask about work life balance all these, dun expect accurate answer.

Very good advice

Unregistered 24-12-2015 07:35 AM

HDB or LTA?

HDB, in the words of the minister, 'makes millions of dollars in losses every financial year and has to be bailed out by MND yearly' while LTA is generally a self-funding stat board (think of the amount of ERP and COE $ they collect).

LTA's flexi benefits like their transport card is slightly better. My friend at HDB laments that most people get stagnant for years. Anw the final decision is up to you la. Assuming that you're working in the HQ building, both agencies are more or less within the central area.