Sembcorp Marine - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




Sembcorp Marine

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11
free is on a distinguished road
Default Sembcorp Marine

hi, would like to check any bros here know the career prospect for sembcorp marine?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by free View Post
hi, would like to check any bros here know the career prospect for sembcorp marine?
You wish to work there as a? Remember they have a rotating door policy. They don't need people to stay there for long.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11
free is on a distinguished road
Default

so how do they treat pple who stay long there?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

i will still ask the same question:

assume a fresh grad starting salary 3k, 5 years down the road, how much will be his salary?

and promotion is how many %?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
i will still ask the same question:

assume a fresh grad starting salary 3k, 5 years down the road, how much will be his salary?

and promotion is how many %?
Private sector is a free for all world. There is no such thing as standard promotion & increment "path" 5 years down the road. 2 persons joining the company at the same time with the same qualification can diverge significantly in 5 years.

Statistically there may be an average number, but the deviation is so wide that even if you have an average number it means nothing.

I notice you keep posting variations of this question in many threads regardless of the topic at hand. What exactly do you want to know and why?

Perhaps you can start a topic specifically on this and elaborate on the context?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Private sector is a free for all world. There is no such thing as standard promotion & increment "path" 5 years down the road. 2 persons joining the company at the same time with the same qualification can diverge significantly in 5 years.

Statistically there may be an average number, but the deviation is so wide that even if you have an average number it means nothing.

I notice you keep posting variations of this question in many threads regardless of the topic at hand. What exactly do you want to know and why?

Perhaps you can start a topic specifically on this and elaborate on the context?
I ask these question for the following reasons:

-so that I can gauge how much my peer in the same batch are earning after 5 years and to see whether my salary lack behind them.

-so that at least I got a range of salaries figures to put onto my resume if I wanted to apply for these company. Let say I got 5 years exp in a engineering company, decided to jump ship to this company, and I got salary range info for it engineer after 5 years, then I can put down my expected salary accordingly.

Just give me a "average" guy would earn (the salary range) after 5 years in this company, so that I can have a better gauge
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 16-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
I ask these question for the following reasons:

-so that I can gauge how much my peer in the same batch are earning after 5 years and to see whether my salary lack behind them.

-so that at least I got a range of salaries figures to put onto my resume if I wanted to apply for these company. Let say I got 5 years exp in a engineering company, decided to jump ship to this company, and I got salary range info for it engineer after 5 years, then I can put down my expected salary accordingly.

Just give me a "average" guy would earn (the salary range) after 5 years in this company, so that I can have a better gauge
after 5 years, you'll still be jobless and still here asking about pay.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
I ask these question for the following reasons:

-so that I can gauge how much my peer in the same batch are earning after 5 years and to see whether my salary lack behind them.

-so that at least I got a range of salaries figures to put onto my resume if I wanted to apply for these company. Let say I got 5 years exp in a engineering company, decided to jump ship to this company, and I got salary range info for it engineer after 5 years, then I can put down my expected salary accordingly.

Just give me a "average" guy would earn (the salary range) after 5 years in this company, so that I can have a better gauge
That is what I have been trying to emphasize all along. There is no "average" salary progression route, the private sector does not work like a government organization.

Private employers value each job based on their perception of you, company pay policy, your assessed ability to move up, your fit and criticality of the role and the actual dynamic during salary negotiation.

You need to find a good head hunter who can collaborate and hopefully educate you more on how to go about pitching and negotiating. 2 guys with 5 years of engineering go apply for the same job can end up with totally different amounts that an employer is willing to pay.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 20-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Poor TS, come here consult people still Kanna insult for no reason.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 17-09-2012, 04:02 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
fx_study is on a distinguished road
Default

what does a beginner with some related work in engineering (2years) start out with in a private company like Sembcorp (newly public listed 1998) ? what are the working days (5 or 6) and hours of work per day ?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sembcorp @_@h Income and Jobs 4 19-07-2023 12:54 PM
How about being a financial worker in Sembcorp? imfromtw Income and Jobs 33 01-06-2019 03:27 PM
career with sembcorp abc123 Income and Jobs 12 16-06-2017 09:27 PM
Marine Blue @ Marine Parade newlaunchsingapore General Discussions 0 09-05-2014 09:56 AM
Career in Sembcorp and marine and offshore industry zhan0277 Income and Jobs 0 31-07-2012 11:30 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
639 Replies, 322,665 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,978 Replies, 2,099,029 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,085 Replies, 2,247,954 Views
Rio tinto ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 55,117 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,268 Replies, 742,187 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,695 Replies, 4,863,066 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,028 Replies, 425,689 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 524,462 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,753 Replies, 1,357,965 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,260 Replies, 12,301,029 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 17,184 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
109 Replies, 73,466 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,760 Replies, 1,014,163 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,259 Replies, 6,395,167 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,649 Replies, 1,496,374 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,397 Replies, 1,343,820 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,203 Replies, 3,331,852 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
314 Replies, 309,976 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
702 Replies, 387,492 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
460 Replies, 258,412 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,263 Replies, 700,109 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,297 Replies, 985,768 Views
Visa Internship
3 Replies, 4,313 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 712,252 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 485,141 Views
Company deduct air ticket from...
0 Replies, 201 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 156,712 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,885 Replies, 10,198,329 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,756 Replies, 1,475,966 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,197 Replies, 446,198 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2