NTU (non-faculty) - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




NTU (non-faculty)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 115
undiscern is on a distinguished road
Default NTU (non-faculty)

Yeah, non-faculty staff. As Mgr, Snr Mgr, AD, SAD onwards.. How is the work culture like at NTU, specifically in the admin offices (OT)? I heard there are quite a handful of former colonels there? Military style?

I understand that it is no longer a stat board, this means that it no longer enjoy the government annual bonus declaration on top of the usual AWS & PB. True?

From the forum, it seems like the average PB is about 2mths for those in government or stat board. So far how is the PB at NTU?

Promotion prospect/rate?

Kum Sia very much!



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undiscern View Post
Yeah, non-faculty staff. As Mgr, Snr Mgr, AD, SAD onwards.. How is the work culture like at NTU, specifically in the admin offices (OT)? I heard there are quite a handful of former colonels there? Military style?

I understand that it is no longer a stat board, this means that it no longer enjoy the government annual bonus declaration on top of the usual AWS & PB. True?

From the forum, it seems like the average PB is about 2mths for those in government or stat board. So far how is the PB at NTU?

Promotion prospect/rate?

Kum Sia very much!
NTU is very big, so work culture depends on which department you are in, and whether you are with the Schools (faculties), or with central administration. I would say it is a bureaucratic place. Not a related point, but there are many ex-civil servants servants in the administration.

NTU pays PB and a 13th month bonus. It doesn't pay the variable bonus declared by the govt in June and December. The PB in NTU varies year to year, depending on the state of the economy, it seems. The average performer gets less than 2 months last year, closer to 1 month for the more junior staff. Civil service seems to pay better bonuses. This year's PB has not been paid.

Is there a way to broaden this thread to include all the local universities?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 274
miwashi is on a distinguished road
Default

When I was working at nus last time, there wasn't a 13th month bonus. Only PB.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 115
undiscern is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
NTU is very big, so work culture depends on which department you are in, and whether you are with the Schools (faculties), or with central administration. I would say it is a bureaucratic place. Not a related point, but there are many ex-civil servants servants in the administration.

NTU pays PB and a 13th month bonus. It doesn't pay the variable bonus declared by the govt in June and December. The PB in NTU varies year to year, depending on the state of the economy, it seems. The average performer gets less than 2 months last year, closer to 1 month for the more junior staff. Civil service seems to pay better bonuses. This year's PB has not been paid.

Is there a way to broaden this thread to include all the local universities?
Thanks for the info. The PB is quite so so compared to civil & public service. Avg performer is about 2-2.5mths which is quite standard. So it seems like there is no 'adjustment' in view of it goin autonomous and away from gov bonus.

Any idea on the annual increment? 4-5%?

Understand from somewhere that the salary scale there is different from Goverment MX scheme. I heard some sort of E1 to E4, M1 to M4? E1 is for diploma holder?

But apparently they have similar MSO scheme like gov sector.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 115
undiscern is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwashi View Post
When I was working at nus last time, there wasn't a 13th month bonus. Only PB.
You are working in admin? MSO scheme or executive scheme? I heard from friend there is 13th mth for mgrs. How is the PB?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

There was a pay adjustment some years back when the university moved away from the civil service scheme and government declared bonuses. The annual increment is also so-so, definitely less than 4% for average performer. I think E1 to E3 is for diploma holders, but I'm not sure.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 274
miwashi is on a distinguished road
Default

as far as I know they only have 2 schemes - admin staff and academic staff. My colleagues were the same as me, no 13th month bonus. Our manager was also classed as admin staff, the manager title was a sort of local rank in the office.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 115
undiscern is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There was a pay adjustment some years back when the university moved away from the civil service scheme and government declared bonuses. The annual increment is also so-so, definitely less than 4% for average performer. I think E1 to E3 is for diploma holders, but I'm not sure.
Looking at their directory, they have Executive, Higher Executive, Asst Mgr, Mgr, Snr Mgr, AD, SAD, DD, D

Not sure how it is mapped to the E1-E4 & M1-M4 scale. Looking at the recruitment, Executive seems to be entry for Dip holders.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Fresh graduates start off as Asst Manager, and placed, I think, on E4.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 115
undiscern is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fresh graduates start off as Asst Manager, and placed, I think, on E4.
Could be a grey area, looking at this ad:
Executive Officer/Higher Executive Officer (HR) job - NTU – School of Humanities and Social Sciences

Dip holder will be Executive, Degree Holder will be Higher Executive


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody knows the salary for Manager to NTU (non-faculty) ? nevertoolate Income and Jobs 0 14-11-2018 05:33 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,032 Replies, 2,798,021 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,563 Replies, 5,660,811 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,847 Replies, 7,982,369 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,519 Replies, 1,205,893 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,055 Replies, 539,405 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,251 Replies, 1,063,251 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,051 Replies, 4,472,329 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,828 Replies, 923,558 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 13,906 Views
Digital Academy Program at ST...
2 Replies, 145 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,672 Replies, 1,417,501 Views
ST engineering starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
118 Replies, 83,701 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,142 Replies, 10,306,260 Views
Compare Your Annual Income ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 10,465 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 1,026,984 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 54,142 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,038 Replies, 3,608,281 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 24,687 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,184 Replies, 409,726 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
475 Replies, 232,062 Views
BCA (Building and Construction...
1 Replies, 174 Views
MOH (Ministry of Health) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 43,844 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 272,833 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 37,773 Views
Singapore Power EDGE Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 7,425 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,127 Replies, 802,456 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
884 Replies, 272,157 Views
Singapore Examination and...
2 Replies, 4,212 Views
Singapore LNG Pay
7 Replies, 4,117 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2