ST Engineering Land Systems - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




ST Engineering Land Systems

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2021, 03:24 AM
mugenboy's Avatar
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 14
mugenboy is on a distinguished road
Default ST Engineering Land Systems

Anyone have work in ST Engineering Land Systems? Maybe more specific is to Land Defence System? Is this a good place to work until retirement?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2021, 07:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenboy View Post
Anyone have work in ST Engineering Land Systems? Maybe more specific is to Land Defence System? Is this a good place to work until retirement?
Good if you are lazy, able to take toxic politics and know how to carry balls.
Bad if you are hardworking, able to critical think and has strong competence in your work.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2021, 03:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good if you are lazy, able to take toxic politics and know how to carry balls.
Bad if you are hardworking, able to critical think and has strong competence in your work.
Cannot be gender specific. So, carry balls, carry eggs is important for job survival. This, they dont teach in schools.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 13-11-2021, 10:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good if you are lazy, able to take toxic politics and know how to carry balls.
Bad if you are hardworking, able to critical think and has strong competence in your work.
I am from an MNC. Interviewed someone from ST before. Felt like a fresh grad in spite of more than 2 year exp. Don't even have basic understanding of commonly used knowledge.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 13-11-2021, 10:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Very niche and very little transferable skillset. SAF/MINDEF is your real boss
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 16-11-2021, 08:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Very niche and very little transferable skillset. SAF/MINDEF is your real boss
Is this skillset competence problem very serious over there? I interviewed a ST employee that was let go like 2 years ago. Even though he has working experience, his level of knowledge was very low and could tell he seems to have spent many years doing nothing. So I'm not sure if this is a wide spread problem or just that person.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 16-11-2021, 09:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is this skillset competence problem very serious over there? I interviewed a ST employee that was let go like 2 years ago. Even though he has working experience, his level of knowledge was very low and could tell he seems to have spent many years doing nothing. So I'm not sure if this is a wide spread problem or just that person.
ST got 2 grp of ppl,the lazy one that Chao keng and Siam everything waiting for pay day every month and the hardworking one who tank everything and OT everyday. Sad to say, the skill level and learning curve is very low in ST so even the hard working one might be just doing simple and low level data entry work everyday for 5-10 yr. In addition, most of the hardware and software which most of the st client use is very outdated and old (saf and govt), which the skillset they learn is no longer relevant in the outside world.
Most of this people NV work in other place before (frog in a well) think that what they do is very technical.

So, alot of them failed to move out of st or even move back to ST after they tried to look for job
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 16-11-2021, 10:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ST got 2 grp of ppl,the lazy one that Chao keng and Siam everything waiting for pay day every month and the hardworking one who tank everything and OT everyday. Sad to say, the skill level and learning curve is very low in ST so even the hard working one might be just doing simple and low level data entry work everyday for 5-10 yr. In addition, most of the hardware and software which most of the st client use is very outdated and old (saf and govt), which the skillset they learn is no longer relevant in the outside world.
Most of this people NV work in other place before (frog in a well) think that what they do is very technical.

So, alot of them failed to move out of st or even move back to ST after they tried to look for job
I agree. I left ST after 5 years because of the lack of knowledge progression. Imagine after 5 years you are doing the same thing, even with promotion you are just overseeing someone doing your old job. Career progression is important, but with career progression, knowledge must increase, no matter hard or soft skills. In ST, there is none because no one truly takes charge unless is the senior management.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 16-11-2021, 10:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good if you are lazy, able to take toxic politics and know how to carry balls.
Bad if you are hardworking, able to critical think and has strong competence in your work.
Very true. People who wants to better themselves will leave ST after 4 to 5 years max. These days fresh grads are leaving ST every 1 to 2 years. I believe COVID might have slowed the number though.

My few years there I see at least 5 people leave every year.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 16-11-2021, 08:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree. I left ST after 5 years because of the lack of knowledge progression. Imagine after 5 years you are doing the same thing, even with promotion you are just overseeing someone doing your old job. Career progression is important, but with career progression, knowledge must increase, no matter hard or soft skills. In ST, there is none because no one truly takes charge unless is the senior management.
There was a time when we interview anyone from ST, apart from the hard skills, we have to scrutinize them for...
-Lack of ability to think critically or independently
-Believes jobs are completed because of who they are & not what they do
-Thinks that the paper qualification and not meeting objectives is the destination to creating value
-Lacks a productivity driven objective, heck, do they even have an objective?
-Unable to adapt to changes or up to pace
-Focus on politics more than getting the job done
-No sense of urgency with the use of resources and time frame
-Able to get the job done efficiently
-Laziness

Then those who don't make it, go back to ST like so many other posters mentioned.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Admission for MSc in Industrial & Systems Engineering (ISE) at NUS afj6480 Income and Jobs 0 13-03-2017 12:35 AM
Advice Needed: Masters of Computing in Information Systems Soll Education and Personal Growth 0 25-02-2015 04:35 PM
Information Security Associate Consultant @ Accel Systems omezarn Income and Jobs 0 03-11-2014 06:10 PM
Industrial And Systems Eng fabregas Education and Personal Growth 2 03-06-2012 11:55 AM
Aerospace Engineering vs Computer Engineering vs EE engineering john Education and Personal Growth 30 14-07-2010 03:11 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,581 Replies, 5,362,658 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,351 Replies, 2,817,622 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
452 Replies, 144,744 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,251 Replies, 1,690,099 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,711 Replies, 483,127 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,277 Replies, 356,150 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
385 Replies, 132,923 Views
Fresh grad 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
62 Replies, 21,918 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,462 Replies, 1,618,392 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,182 Replies, 1,378,969 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
783 Replies, 373,634 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
604 Replies, 361,382 Views
infosys, cognizant ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 2,778 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,210 Replies, 1,976,647 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
877 Replies, 270,233 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,365 Replies, 7,891,987 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,502 Replies, 2,765,759 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
526 Replies, 190,891 Views
NTU (non-faculty) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
127 Replies, 137,246 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
161 Replies, 136,477 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
124 Replies, 85,800 Views
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 63,337 Views
Chinese backed tech company WLB in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
101 Replies, 9,983 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
327 Replies, 131,750 Views
OCBC Bank
7 Replies, 418 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,903 Replies, 1,009,522 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,041 Replies, 4,584,841 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
631 Replies, 129,269 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
116 Replies, 73,000 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,484 Replies, 693,506 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2