Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   PSA International (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/12894-port-singapore-authority-now-psa-international-international.html)

Unregistered 21-04-2022 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214985)
But its under temasek. They took a lot of the profit from PSA.

Shareholder always comes first.

Unregistered 26-04-2022 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214576)
yes, inclusive of aws and the mid and end yr bonus.
Its the low base that turns people off.

PSA is not under civil service scheme.

Unregistered 26-04-2022 05:47 PM

PSA is only able to offer lower than market basic pay (including tech) for both fresh graduates & experienced hires and normal bonuses despite the high bonus claim from HR.
Also new staffs will require 2mth notice period for tender to make it difficult for them to left in future. On top of all these, there is slow promotion and majority of staffs will stuck at some position for at least 3-5 years or more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214967)
isnt psa part pf shipping industry? heard all the shipping compankes getting crazy bonuses

Did you know they suspend pay increment and bonus during 2020 covid period despite business wasn't greatly affected. Rather there was an increase in shipment handling. This resulted in many long term staffs leaving.

Unregistered 27-04-2022 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215730)
PSA is only able to offer lower than market basic pay (including tech) for both fresh graduates & experienced hires and normal bonuses despite the high bonus claim from HR.
Also new staffs will require 2mth notice period for tender to make it difficult for them to left in future. On top of all these, there is slow promotion and majority of staffs will stuck at some position for at least 3-5 years or more.

Did you know they suspend pay increment and bonus during 2020 covid period despite business wasn't greatly affected. Rather there was an increase in shipment handling. This resulted in many long term staffs leaving.

Yeap and until now they haven repay the staff for the suspend of pay increment and bonus. Damn ridiculous. Still can say its a family-orientated company.

Unregistered 26-05-2022 08:26 AM

Offered scholarship for OE with 4 years bond. Local fresh grad and planning to work there for 4 years before jumping ship to MNC or somewhere FMCG related with better pay, hopefully at AM level. Come from lower-middle income family so money is not an issue but also an issue at the same time. Should i take it and is it a good resume booster to help me transition to MNC? Thks.

Unregistered 26-05-2022 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219160)
Offered scholarship for OE with 4 years bond. Local fresh grad and planning to work there for 4 years before jumping ship to MNC or somewhere FMCG related with better pay, hopefully at AM level. Come from lower-middle income family so money is not an issue but also an issue at the same time. Should i take it and is it a good resume booster to help me transition to MNC? Thks.

Just look at the past posts and see for yourself: low base and not all departments have incentive. If you only want to work until bond ends, why not find a job with better base pay else your next transition base pay will be low too.

Unregistered 26-05-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219165)
Just look at the past posts and see for yourself: low base and not all departments have incentive. If you only want to work until bond ends, why not find a job with better base pay else your next transition base pay will be low too.

i agree, but the allure of the 50k cash value of the scholarship is hard to ignore. I am already quite set on working in operations/scm so its really just a question of how good of a springboard PSA can be if lets say i want to transit to unilever or P&G ops

Unregistered 27-05-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219226)
i agree, but the allure of the 50k cash value of the scholarship is hard to ignore. I am already quite set on working in operations/scm so its really just a question of how good of a springboard PSA can be if lets say i want to transit to unilever or P&G ops

Honestly, I do not see how psa is a good springboard to transit to unilever or P&G ops, unless there are specific skillsets that you can acquire purely there.
50k cash value might sounds alot but might prevent you to jump over to other companies due to unsatisfying offer as offer generally is based on your base.

Unregistered 29-05-2022 03:57 PM

Quote:

They offered me 100K cash for 4 year bond, dont get lowballed

Unregistered 10-06-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219160)

Hmm I think you wont learn much during your time as an OE. And they are having a hard time to hire new OE. They even resort to increase the resignation notice period to two months. As the HR were not truthful, thus a lot new OE join and quit. Join at your own risk. And be prepared to see new guys joining with higher pay than you, and PSA wont adjust your pay.

Unregistered 10-06-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221210)
Hmm I think you wont learn much during your time as an OE. And they are having a hard time to hire new OE. They even resort to increase the resignation notice period to two months. As the HR were not truthful, thus a lot new OE join and quit. Join at your own risk. And be prepared to see new guys joining with higher pay than you, and PSA wont adjust your pay.

resignation period of two months is definitely sending the wrong signal

Unregistered 13-06-2022 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221210)

So ya I heard from my friend, he has been with PSA for 3 years and his pay is lower than the newly join engineer. PSA does not reward loyalty. And they do not have the intent to adjust his pay.

Unregistered 13-06-2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221233)
resignation period of two months is definitely sending the wrong signal

Resignation period is still one month.

They are also revising salary for all employees this july

Unregistered 13-06-2022 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221659)
Resignation period is still one month.

They are also revising salary for all employees this july

Heard they increased for the new hires

Unregistered 15-06-2022 07:36 AM

errr afaik psa pay for OE quite in line with maritime studies GES leh. Enginnering wise is slightly lower alr (offshore, mech, civil)

Unregistered88 07-07-2022 05:11 PM

PSA is a great company. very forgiving and i have yet to see anyone get fired. Ave. service of both office and non office base staff is around 9-11 years.
Base is low but its made up thru its bonus and ad-hoc NTUC gift-aways.
To break down the bonus for ya
a. AWS
b. EBI (Company Bonus)
c. PI (Performance Incentive)

Unless you are under performance improvement plan or serving notice, [a] and [b] is pow jiak.

[c] bonus can be 0.25 - 5.5 which is pegged to your appraisal grade (C,C+,B,B+ and A) in additional there is also an internal ranking so you and me could be "B" performers but i am a higher "B" thus qualify for a slightly higher bonus multiplier.

To put it all together - assume you are a Manager drawing 8k per month.
Qualified for a "B" grade (2mths) and the company met most of its KPIs and will pay 2.15 mths
Hence, (8000 * 12) + (8000) + (8000 * 2.15) + (8000 * 2) = 137,200 or 11,400 per month

Sounds good? Maybe! but be warned that this may work againsts you if your next employer tries to lowball you using your BASE salary. Also if you somehow ended up with a C grade then its a loss of around 2-1.5 months.. again depending on the business.

Good luck!

Unregistered 13-07-2022 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered88 (Post 224755)
PSA is a great company. very forgiving and i have yet to see anyone get fired. Ave. service of both office and non office base staff is around 9-11 years.
Base is low but its made up thru its bonus and ad-hoc NTUC gift-aways.
To break down the bonus for ya
a. AWS
b. EBI (Company Bonus)
c. PI (Performance Incentive)

Unless you are under performance improvement plan or serving notice, [a] and [b] is pow jiak.

[c] bonus can be 0.25 - 5.5 which is pegged to your appraisal grade (C,C+,B,B+ and A) in additional there is also an internal ranking so you and me could be "B" performers but i am a higher "B" thus qualify for a slightly higher bonus multiplier.

To put it all together - assume you are a Manager drawing 8k per month.
Qualified for a "B" grade (2mths) and the company met most of its KPIs and will pay 2.15 mths
Hence, (8000 * 12) + (8000) + (8000 * 2.15) + (8000 * 2) = 137,200 or 11,400 per month

Sounds good? Maybe! but be warned that this may work againsts you if your next employer tries to lowball you using your BASE salary. Also if you somehow ended up with a C grade then its a loss of around 2-1.5 months.. again depending on the business.

Good luck!

Oh but 8k is for a senior manager for years probably 5 yrs or more as SM. Manager pay is close to 6k. And it's no longer 2.15 ebi bao jiak it's 1.14. The NTUC gift card is a way to circumvent to pay the people CPF and it's also taxable. Even with the with the recent so called pay adjustment it's still lower compared to gov jobs.

Unregistered888 15-07-2022 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225237)
Oh but 8k is for a senior manager for years probably 5 yrs or more as SM. Manager pay is close to 6k. And it's no longer 2.15 ebi bao jiak it's 1.14. The NTUC gift card is a way to circumvent to pay the people CPF and it's also taxable. Even with the with the recent so called pay adjustment it's still lower compared to gov jobs.

Yes I do not disagree that PSA pay may be lower when compared to other MNCs or even Govt.
At the end of the day, its really up to the individual on their career aspirations. Money is one portion but should also consider the entire ecosystem (stability, friends, culture, future etc.)

Cheers.

Unregistered 25-09-2022 10:54 PM

Quote:

Not sure if you have already taken up the scholarship. But a good check would be to see how many ex-PSA folks are now in CPG firms via linkedin. It is UNLIKELY that your experience at PSA operations is directly translatable to CPG ops.

I assume you have already tried applying to CPG? The best time to try is when you are a fresh graduate. In your first 1-2 years, HR can consider you as a fresh graduate. If you stay beyond 2 years in PSA ops, your experience will likely be a disservice during CPG application. If you dont get in Unilever or P&G on your first try, I suggest you can gofor the lower-tier CPGs, gain some experience, then try again.

50K can seem like a lot right now but I suggest you think hard about your career trajectory (refer to Linkedin again). Make sure you collect sufficient datapoints to prove or disprove your assumptions!

Unregistered 17-11-2022 10:15 AM

PSA pay revising is just moving our fixed bonus into our pay and call it pay adjustment. Damn xiasuay

Selfsnook 22-03-2023 09:55 PM

Those working in PSA will know whether is the truth or not. But I strongly advise against joining this company. It may sound ironic since I'm still working there but it is more of not much choices as when age catches up, other companies are not so willing to hire u cos ur title is like. Mgr only ah. I have a dozen over there waiting for interview also. Promotion is slow af. But one thing for sure. It is stable.
The company is under temasek. Hence dont expect high increments or pay adjustments for loyal staffs. Unless u join finance. The left pocket right pocket of 8.33% is the biggest joke of all by HR. Overall ur annual is an artificial increase. U need to compare based on the next 2 years. Which is a smart move by HR. And even for promotees u need to serve additional 1+1 month notice. Desperate move to retain ppl, which is counter intuitive and makes people wanna quit even faster. And remember. They froze our pay. The increment last year does not compensate for that 1 year freeze. Do not be blinded by the 8.33%. The management is pretty good at repackaging the bonus slides to make it looks like the company recognises your efforts. Blah blah. End of the day, we are not stupid. We also know how to calculate. Grab earns me much more. Oh.. The benefits are like crap too. Zoo passes ratio is like 1-5000? Bungalow/ chalet rental? Is rigged. Priority is given to higher management. How do I know? Guess which dept I'm working at.

Unregistered 02-07-2023 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selfsnook (Post 243437)
Those working in PSA will know whether is the truth or not. But I strongly advise against joining this company. It may sound ironic since I'm still working there but it is more of not much choices as when age catches up, other companies are not so willing to hire u cos ur title is like. Mgr only ah. I have a dozen over there waiting for interview also. Promotion is slow af. But one thing for sure. It is stable.
The company is under temasek. Hence dont expect high increments or pay adjustments for loyal staffs. Unless u join finance. The left pocket right pocket of 8.33% is the biggest joke of all by HR. Overall ur annual is an artificial increase. U need to compare based on the next 2 years. Which is a smart move by HR. And even for promotees u need to serve additional 1+1 month notice. Desperate move to retain ppl, which is counter intuitive and makes people wanna quit even faster. And remember. They froze our pay. The increment last year does not compensate for that 1 year freeze. Do not be blinded by the 8.33%. The management is pretty good at repackaging the bonus slides to make it looks like the company recognises your efforts. Blah blah. End of the day, we are not stupid. We also know how to calculate. Grab earns me much more. Oh.. The benefits are like crap too. Zoo passes ratio is like 1-5000? Bungalow/ chalet rental? Is rigged. Priority is given to higher management. How do I know? Guess which dept I'm working at.

So true, PSA management will give whatever excuses just not to adjust the pay of the staff. Typical state-owned company.

Ipman314 11-07-2023 06:44 AM

Unsatisfied job offer

Went to interview for the deputy manager/manager role and completed 2 rounds of interviews. Got informed of informal acceptance by the HR 2 days post second interview and that they are in the process of obtaining budget approval for the role.

HR only contacted me again 1.5 weeks later, telling me that I was accepted to an asst manager role (a position lower than the one I had applied/interviewed for) and gave me a salary package that's not even higher than what my current employer is giving.
I had then asked for a contract for me to view the terms but was refused by HR because "the company does not practised that".

I felt so insulted! If you no longer have budget for the role then just reject me right?! Hig

Unregistered 31-07-2023 08:43 AM

HR wasting ppl's time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ipman314 (Post 251998)
Went to interview for the deputy manager/manager role and completed 2 rounds of interviews. Got informed of informal acceptance by the HR 2 days post second interview and that they are in the process of obtaining budget approval for the role.

HR only contacted me again 1.5 weeks later, telling me that I was accepted to an asst manager role (a position lower than the one I had applied/interviewed for) and gave me a salary package that's not even higher than what my current employer is giving.
I had then asked for a contract for me to view the terms but was refused by HR because "the company does not practised that".

I felt so insulted! If you no longer have budget for the role then just reject me right?! Hig

The are damn good at wasting ppl's time. You are not the first and won't be the last. If you can't even match the person salary, why waste ppl's time. Heard a few cases already. Problem is the HR still think they are damn competitive like ppl is begging to come PSA.

Unregistered 17-08-2023 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253111)
The are damn good at wasting ppl's time. You are not the first and won't be the last. If you can't even match the person salary, why waste ppl's time. Heard a few cases already. Problem is the HR still think they are damn competitive like ppl is begging to come PSA.

Yup, the HR is very tradition and refuse to keep up with the outside world.
The benefits are not much nor fantastic anyway. Some can be hard to claim too!
Finally if you are in a team where your manager knows nothing, you will be screwed. Most are promoted either due to having good connections with higher-ups OR has done lots of CCAs.
Those who are good at their jobs ultimately left because of lack of progressions for them.

Unregistered 01-09-2023 01:48 PM

Bootlicking yes man

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254203)
Yup, the HR is very tradition and refuse to keep up with the outside world.
The benefits are not much nor fantastic anyway. Some can be hard to claim too!
Finally if you are in a team where your manager knows nothing, you will be screwed. Most are promoted either due to having good connections with higher-ups OR has done lots of CCAs.
Those who are good at their jobs ultimately left because of lack of progressions for them.

OMG yeah, you are so right. They prefer promoting those bootlicking yes man rather than those that are good at their job. You will be so surprised that the manager you work with is so out of touch and depth. Knows nothing but can be a manager.

Unregistered 01-10-2023 08:47 PM

how's the cyber security dept in PSA?

Unregistered 15-10-2023 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 257251)
how's the cyber security dept in PSA?

Join at your own risk. It's practically useless department, where they just patch every single thing. Doesn't matter any risk mitigation.

Unregistered 24-10-2023 05:07 PM

Salary negotiation

Just received an offer but was not the expected salary I wanted. I did an counter offer and the HR inform that they will review the matter. Do you think they will get back to me?

Unregistered 28-10-2023 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258801)
Just received an offer but was not the expected salary I wanted. I did an counter offer and the HR inform that they will review the matter. Do you think they will get back to me?

For which position?

Unregistered 04-11-2023 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ipman314 (Post 251998)

What is the 1st and 2nd interview about?