NCS (SingTel subsidiary) - Page 113 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

NCS (SingTel subsidiary)

Old 21-01-2023, 07:36 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does anyone know what is the nucleus program like?
5 Year structured program, different tracks undergo different training, SWE/Data analyst will go for masters certification under NUS ISS, the other tracks lan lan suck thumb no masters.

Do you have to study and take exam while working at the same time?
Yes, but 1 year masters curriculum spread over 5 years, pretty sure its not hard to attain the cert. And no you cannot complete the masters in less than 5 years even if you very fast, its gated by HR.

Is this a good place for fresh graduate from computer science to gain experience and exposure?
Gain experience and exposure definitely, you will be thrown to projects for OJT, don't mistake OJT for not delivering anything, you are a full time staff under nucleus, have to deliver or your performance grading will be crap. Also, starting pay of 4.8k applies to all nucleus, a fresh graduate from some 1 year private uni marketing degree will get the same pay and progression as a fresh graduate from NUS computer science with second upper.

Is it possible to just focus on the work rather than courses to attain the certificate?
No such thing. If can just use work experience get certificate without going through tests or exams then that cert is useless by default.
LOL since when they hire 1 year mkt degree, don't think they are dumb, from what i see local U mostly are non com science student while private or mostly com science.

Old 25-01-2023, 08:22 PM

nuggetscustoms is on a distinguished road
Default NCS Nucleus Salary

Anyone knows if it is possible to negotiate starting salary for Nuclues program? OR is it fully based on honours level / local U etc.? Thanks

Old 27-01-2023, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Is anyone else's application status still " We are currently reviewing all applications"?
Applied for the Nucleus program via their job portal and currently no reply yet

Old 28-01-2023, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone give insight into the annual performance appraisal?

Heard there's 4 grading, how will each grading affect the number of months of bonus u get and promotions, especially for p grade personnel?

I was told that no matter how hard I work to complete the project with no bug, I will only get an average grade

Ask about what KPI is being used and got non answers like how to compare what u code vs others, even say things he have to grade everyone (front n back), then ask how he know whether front or back end is difficult

burn weekend, OT non stop to finish project on time with literally no help and all self learning, get throw into understaffed project and treated like I'm some senior engineer and expected to be able to solve all problems and then when come to appraisal, give me average grade nia...is it my problem or im treated like a dummy because I cant fight back?

appreciate his honesty, feel like leaving liao
Old 29-01-2023, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Heard there's 4 grading, how will each grading affect the number of months of bonus u get and promotions, especially for p grade personnel?

I was told that no matter how hard I work to complete the project with no bug, I will only get an average grade

Ask about what KPI is being used and got non answers like how to compare what u code vs others, even say things he have to grade everyone (front n back), then ask how he know whether front or back end is difficult

burn weekend, OT non stop to finish project on time with literally no help and all self learning, get throw into understaffed project and treated like I'm some senior engineer and expected to be able to solve all problems and then when come to appraisal, give me average grade nia...is it my problem or im treated like a dummy because I cant fight back?

Seriously, if you can get a decent pay raise elsewhere, just leave lor, stay in NCS no glory one
Old 30-01-2023, 07:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

definitely not your fault, its a bell curve. the number of people getting 1/2 are just a few, majority falls in 3/4. Even if your sup gives you a 2, it will be moderated to a 3. plus the people grading you are in office and not at site.

Old 31-01-2023, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

dumb donkey
Old 01-02-2023, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Between NCS nucleus program and DBS seed program, which one is better for fresh CS grads? In terms of working environment, work life balance, exposure, etc?
Old 06-02-2023, 03:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
LOL since when they hire 1 year mkt degree, don't think they are dumb, from what i see local U mostly are non com science student while private or mostly com science.
All fresh grads coming into nucleus have the same salary….4.8k regardless of your school or honours, 5.2k if first class honours local U. So if you’re unhappy that someone from a less better school than you or someone with worse off honours or passing gpa getting the same pay then too bad this firm isn’t for you. You can go to somewhere else instead of being salty over "less qualified" graduates earning same pay as you.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:13 PM
Verified Member

NotFlirt is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Bonus is depends on bell curve and number of people in your team. someone has to be at top and mid and low.

and sometimes see your manager like you or not. your performance is soso or worst,but your manager give u good grade or u are the best performer,but give u ****.all these can happens