NCS (SingTel subsidiary) - Page 108 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




NCS (SingTel subsidiary)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1071 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2022, 05:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does NCS pay well for SWE with a few yoe? I am currently a SWE in a startup earning very close to 100k cash for annual comp with 1.5 YOE.

I see on Glassdoor recent reviews that the company has changed for the better and the pay is competitive. Looking to switch to some company with better brand name for career progression.


There is a reason why most 80% comments are as such.

No matter how nice the office and salary become,
management culture is what's there and won't change much.

Think about it, if human are hard to change how reliable it is to say their entire management culture changed?

Reply With Quote
  #1072 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2022, 08:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does NCS pay well for SWE with a few yoe? I am currently a SWE in a startup earning very close to 100k cash for annual comp with 1.5 YOE.

I see on Glassdoor recent reviews that the company has changed for the better and the pay is competitive. Looking to switch to some company with better brand name for career progression.
Please stay there. And also recommend SWEs from NCS to your startup, they would jump on it.

Reply With Quote
  #1073 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2022, 08:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Does anyone know how much a P2 grade SWE earns in NCS?

Reply With Quote
  #1074 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2022, 08:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default new to this

Hi, I'm from Malaysia, looking to join as a Communications Engineer. I skimmed through the posts saying that most of the hired ones are thrown into teams/departmesnts with little to no guidance from their respective seniors. Does anyone have any aspect from the comm eng. teams, is it the same as the other departments?
Also, is it likely they will hire someone from other countries since they would have to provide employment pass?
Reply With Quote
  #1075 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2022, 08:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I'm from Malaysia, looking to join as a Communications Engineer. I skimmed through the posts saying that most of the hired ones are thrown into teams/departmesnts with little to no guidance from their respective seniors. Does anyone have any aspect from the comm eng. teams, is it the same as the other departments?
Also, is it likely they will hire someone from other countries since they would have to provide employment pass?
See your luck, every practice is the same.
They probably will hire, have seen many south asians in the company, so you stand a high chance.
Reply With Quote
  #1076 (permalink)  
Old 28-09-2022, 11:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
See your luck, every practice is the same.
They probably will hire, have seen many south asians in the company, so you stand a high chance.
Thanks! I will try my best!
Reply With Quote

  #1077 (permalink)  
Old 29-09-2022, 08:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Hilarious

My friend rejoin NCS this year. His title is vice president.
He doesn't even code. 18k per month.

All you naive little kids aiming for 5k coding job but don't realised it's a slave job.
The big money is from managerial role not stupid coder role.

Only fresh grad thinks coding is cool and big money.
Experienced worker will know you'll get paid more and do literally nothing compared to coding.

Get lured into this tech dead-end.
You can't be a software developer 20 years down your career.

Enjoy your youth and special abilities to be paid high for knowing nothing
Reply With Quote
  #1078 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2022, 11:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My friend rejoin NCS this year. His title is vice president.
He doesn't even code. 18k per month.

All you naive little kids aiming for 5k coding job but don't realised it's a slave job.
The big money is from managerial role not stupid coder role.

Only fresh grad thinks coding is cool and big money.
Experienced worker will know you'll get paid more and do literally nothing compared to coding.

Get lured into this tech dead-end.
You can't be a software developer 20 years down your career.

Enjoy your youth and special abilities to be paid high for knowing nothing
Everyone's got to start somewhere right? Not like any fresh grad can just become vice president.
Reply With Quote
  #1079 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2022, 11:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

recently they mass hire freeze is it.
Reply With Quote
  #1080 (permalink)  
Old 17-10-2022, 02:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
recently they mass hire freeze is it.
Maybe, their strategy for the start of this financial year was to cut hiring budget for fresh grads. Take the nucleus batch of FY 21/22 and FY 22/23(current batch) for example. Nucleus starting salary measured by annual compensation for FY 21/22 is 72280 for average performer while FY 22/23 is 66720 for average performer.

With the recent slowdown in tech sector, there might be possibility of them cutting their hiring budget even further.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Singtel Senior Manager misterfurry Income and Jobs 7 21-12-2019 07:56 AM
Career path in MNC subsidiary or small audit firms anonymous1989 Income and Jobs 9 21-06-2015 11:02 AM
Singtel Benefits trussadi Income and Jobs 1 10-12-2013 02:07 PM
SingTel Violated IDA Code and Destroyed My Trust Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 5 13-01-2009 09:45 AM
SingTel Raises Subscription Price by 10% Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 17-10-2008 10:12 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,408 Replies, 7,551,286 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,584 Replies, 1,298,302 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,753 Replies, 2,315,971 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,679 Replies, 3,155,680 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,490 Replies, 2,245,830 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,766 Replies, 3,455,319 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,645 Replies, 4,209,727 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,450 Replies, 1,114,868 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,299 Replies, 631,947 Views
SP Group ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 11,098 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,238 Replies, 3,311,808 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
245 Replies, 71,532 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
196 Replies, 120,989 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 49,029 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,031 Replies, 842,988 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,964 Replies, 9,963,757 Views
Singapore Power EDGE Program ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 4,683 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,048 Replies, 730,037 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,799 Replies, 2,670,488 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
631 Replies, 265,883 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,142 Replies, 361,123 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,453 Replies, 5,472,198 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,711 Replies, 988,262 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 12,553 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
392 Replies, 203,650 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
844 Replies, 242,647 Views
SingPost (Singapore Post)
4 Replies, 1,223 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 15,597 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
424 Replies, 455,638 Views
Barclays ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
277 Replies, 187,039 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2